Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker... Again

Blacque

So there are posts about the Stalker going "invincible while sitting in the air" and others that talk about "not taking damage from Tenno abilities".

The first is easy: He's using Absorb.  Stop #@$%ing shooting him and standing next to him afterwards.  Easy.

The second is also easy: he nullifies Tenno Warframe abilities.  Use guns/melee only (don't recommend melee).  I do not have potato'ed or forma'ed weapons/warframe and I can beat him in groups as long as his target keeps moving.

So there are posts about the Stalker going "invincible while sitting in the air" and others that talk about "not taking damage from Tenno abilities".

The first is easy: He's using Absorb.  Stop #@$%ing shooting him and standing next to him afterwards.  Easy.

The second is also easy: he nullifies Tenno Warframe abilities.  Use guns/melee only (don't recommend melee).  I do not have potato'ed or forma'ed weapons/warframe and I can beat him in groups as long as his target keeps moving.

well, it's aint that easy, cause he actually keep being invincible after using absorb (sometimes not always) and as i said, DE is probably already workin on it, and yeah, i agree about "beating him in groups" it actually fun to fight

Never encountered him continuing to be invincible afterwards unless he kills his target with the explosion (cannot be harmed while exiting the map), so it's either that or it is indeed a bug, yeah.

Main reason I cursed though is cause of the sheer number of people I see who KEEP SHOOTING when he goes into Absorb mode, then *@##$ in chat about dying (and a surprising number of them were meleeing him).

Never encountered him continuing to be invincible afterwards unless he kills his target with the explosion (cannot be harmed while exiting the map), so it's either that or it is indeed a bug, yeah.

Main reason I cursed though is cause of the sheer number of people I see who KEEP SHOOTING when he goes into Absorb mode, then $#*(@ in chat about dying (and a surprising number of them were meleeing him).

i know that feeling xD

Am I the only one who doesn't think of the stalker as much of a challenge?

I met a lvl 80 stalker on a orikin void run.

I was Ash. Kited, used corrupted to teleport around... Aaaand he's dead.

Soma 5-forma+ potato

Akbolto 2-forma + potato

Dual critblades( Don't remember but they did poison dmg)

Am I the only one who doesn't think of the stalker as much of a challenge?

I met a lvl 80 stalker on a orikin void run.

I was Ash. Kited, used corrupted to teleport around... Aaaand he's dead.

Soma 5-forma+ potato

Akbolto 2-forma + potato

Dual critblades( Don't remember but they did poison dmg)

And so we get to Exhibit A. He will not be fixed if endgame players keep saying he isn't challenging enough. For a beginner it's worthless to fight him, you're guaranteed to lose. If you're soloing (I've noticed he almost exclusively shows up while I'm in solo mode), you're dead. He isn't a challenge. He's the kid who makes the rule that anything you do means he wins. Or to put it more accurately he's the kid who kicks your sandcastle over and goes home.

"Oh it encourages players to get better at the game so they can take him on later on."

No it doesn't.

His spawn rates are so banally slim (but so f*cking inconvenient) that it's pointless to think you'll ever be able to take him on, at least until you get to the point where you're playing Iron Man runs of Outer Terminus for fun.

Part of me wants DE to snub their nose at the "give me a challenge" min/maxers who can't beat him when they fix him by saying something like "Told you so."

And so we get to Exhibit A. He will not be fixed if endgame players keep saying he isn't challenging enough. For a beginner it's worthless to fight him, you're guaranteed to lose. If you're soloing (I've noticed he almost exclusively shows up while I'm in solo mode), you're dead. He isn't a challenge. He's the kid who makes the rule that anything you do means he wins. Or to put it more accurately he's the kid who kicks your sandcastle over and goes home.

"Oh it encourages players to get better at the game so they can take him on later on."

No it doesn't.

His spawn rates are so banally slim (but so f*cking inconvenient) that it's pointless to think you'll ever be able to take him on, at least until you get to the point where you're playing Iron Man runs of Outer Terminus for fun.

Part of me wants DE to snub their nose at the "give me a challenge" min/maxers who can't beat him when they fix him by saying something like "Told you so."

actualyl it's possible to kill him even with unranked stuff, just doing teamwork .... the problem is "soloing him" but whatever, it's a boss and he is ment to kill u, so i'm fine with it

No it doesn't.

Here's something else to think about: he can be killed by your own enemies.

Common solo/weak-warframe strategy is to kite him into groups of enemies, where they will focus on him (as the nearest hostile).

Doing a T3 Exterminate. Stalker appeared. I used Accelerate and World on Fire. I also shot a few bullets at him. Stalker died fast.

Did a survival or defense on Jupiter or Saturn. Don't recall. Had Oberon. Got hit once and all my shields were gone, but I was alive. Lots of kiting, shooting, and teamwork with a PUG to take him down. And by teamwork I mean we all dropped everything and fought him. He can only target one of us a time. Either way, he died.

I don't have anything Formad. I just have potatoed gear, and was prolly toting the Karak at the time. I think his difficulty is where it needs to be. He is a hard advesary, and should be. It should be like playing RE:3 and all of a sudden hear the "STARS.... STARS.. STARS.." word murmured by the Nemesis. You should expect to die, and killing him should be a trophy. 

What many of you want is for it to be like "Hey I killed the Stalker!" and somebody else going "so?". Granted, my scenarios he wasn't as strong as he could have been, but having him killed, and even having his gear should be a badge to wear to make people jelly, amazed, and showing respect. If anything, I say make him harder. Then, and only then, could I justify somebody getting the BP to have his frame if it ever comes to that point.

I don't mind Stalker being OP now, he learns from his mistakes in the past (died really quick LOL). You guys want more variety and thrill, this is variety and thrill. He learns and adopts because revenge is sweet when one becomes more powerful. FEAR THE STALKER!!! FEAR HIM!!! XD

Edited by azureazmuth

I don't mind Stalker being OP now, he learns from his mistakes in the past (died really quick LOL). You guys want more variety and thrill, this is variety and thrill. He learns and adopts because revenge is sweet when one becomes more powerful. FEAR THE STALKER!!! FEAR HIM!!! XD

Why would I be afraid of him all he does is steal 1 revive there is nothing scary about that back when I could kill him he was scary because 1 wrong move ment I was dead but now he is just a minor annoyance.

• 2 weeks later...

I have fought the stalker several times in the last week, and I have never had as many problems as you guys are.
Yes, he is immune to CrowdControl. Yes, he hurts (one shot of his bow takes out 500 shields, slash dash is insta-kill)
Is he impossible? Absolutely not.
Even the slightest bit of teamwork, and he dies in 4 seconds. longest I've actually seen him live was about 20 seconds, and that was when I still had Mag, and all I did was run around in circles.
And you know what? Circles work! Even the slightest amount of tactical thinking will save you. Stand behind cover, don't stand still too long, don't try to give him a hug. And you know what? He's chump-change after that. Yeah, he's kinda annoying. He's unique. But That's what makes him what he is. If he were easier to kill, he might as well be a powerfist. with fuzzy slippers