Remove Sun Glare From Warframe Color Picker Screen

Seriously, for the Plat I want to enjoy my color picker options thank you very much. And without getting blinded by light glare coming from behind the charcter model. A toggle button would be nice.

As an addition adding color correction overlay options would also be nice. That way we can see how colors we pick will show say on Ice levels.

But at minimum that sun has got to go from that screen.

Edited by Brasten

Nope not even removing bloom fixes it.

Edit: miss read the op, but there is times where the light hits light hits the Frame just right that it makes looking at the warframe in color picker mode a pain.

Edited by EclecticDragon

There's an option called something that changes it. Uhh..I forget what it is.

It's bloom.

I don't use bloom. So don't be so quick to get snarky with people pointing out graphical issues.

There is a light effect regardless of settings, perhaps you could verify by messing your graphics settings.

The problem is the sun (light source in the engine) is behind the camera technically. I'm guessing the planet models occasional block it causing the glare to vanish for a moment or two.

Perhaps the difference is screen resolution... nope, just checked that.

Edited by Brasten

I don't use bloom. So don't be so quick to get snarky with people pointing out graphical issues.

There is a light effect regardless of settings, perhaps you could verify by messing your graphics settings.

The problem is the sun (light source in the engine) is behind the camera technically. I'm guessing the planet models occasional block it causing the glare to vanish for a moment or two.

Well if you misread the context then yeah I guess. I actually forgot what it was called then edited it in after I checked. Turning off bloom changes it drastically so I actually was trying to help but okay.

I will apologize. However there are plenty of folks who will jump on post like this by making assertions that issues are only ones graphics settings.

Here are examples of the issue. At 1280 x 720 and 1600 x 1200. AA, HDR, Dynamic Lighting, Color Correction, Character Shadows, Texture/Shadow Medium. Even taking eveything off and at lowest quality the light blob remains.

th_Warframe2013-03-0123-14-05-68_zps6dc02b2f.png

th_Warframe2013-03-0123-13-46-07_zps1031e389.png

The sun glare effect in the arsenal screen stops me from judging how my warframe will look with different colours, if I paid real money for the platinum to purchase the additional colour pickers and then am unable to enjoy using them, then I think it should be a priority of the developers to fix this problem.

It may seem like a minor issue but it is really irritating, can you please fix this for us developers, I think it will greatly enhance enjoyment of the customisation aspect of this game for a lot of players.

Edited by Freighttrain

I'm fairly sure this is actually called lens flare. It's meant to simulate the effect of a bright light on a camera lens or visor, so bloom won't change it. It's fairly cool most of the time, however it seems people don't like it in the arsenal screen.

I can't say I like it in the arsenal screen either, but I'm not quite sure how this would be solved, other than simply removing the sun while people are in the arsenal screen.

Seriously, for the Plat I want to enjoy my color picker options thank you very much. And without getting blinded by light glare coming from behind the charcter model. A toggle button would be nice.

As an addition adding color correction overlay options would also be nice. That way we can see how colors we pick will show say on Ice levels.

But at minimum that sun has got to go from that screen.

agree but also i would like to see TRUE RED TRUE BLACK AND TRUE DARK BLUE color whiout all the washed effect curently in all palettes whiout exeption