The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selling necramech

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

10 answers to this question

I think you are being mislead here.. You can trade damaged part aka non-crafted ones. But not the built ones ready to build a complete Necramech.

As you already seem to know usually you can only trade BPs. And resources are limited to ones from open worlds.

Definitely, very few things I know of that can be traded after you craft them, might be an oversight unless they hinted otherwise somewhere. 
The reason the BP isn't included might be because it isn't shown on the warframe market, so people don't think of it anyway, it's easy to acquire regardless so it's not a deal breaker

Just now, Rathalio said:

I think you are being mislead here.. You can trade damaged part aka non-crafted ones. But not the built ones ready to build a complete Necramech.

As you already seem to know usually you can only trade BPs. And resources are limited to ones from open worlds.

He very much can, you can check it in-game

I'm not crafting a Necramech and waiting a day just to check that.

Also, you mentioned warframe.market, they are, from my years of experience, very good at not missing any tradable item. They are almost a good evidence that something is or not tradable tbh.

Anyways, if crafted parts are really tradable, it's definitely an oversight. Especially since Necramechs have been required to progress through the main quests, they made a bundle for 375 platinum to allow players that don't want to farm resources in Deimos so they could instantly get one. That'd be a non sense if crafted parts were tradable since that's direct competition against their own market.

And that's the first time I see anyone claiming they could trade these.

1 hour ago, Rathalio said:

While you are 100% correct for literally everything else in the game, the necramechs are an exception. I can attest to this because when I've had friends new to the game who are flailing at the necramech grind, I have just crafted the component pieces for them.

You can trade the damaged necramech bits and you can even trade the gems needed to craft the restored versions, but you cannot trade the alloys (or the scintillant). Meaning that if you want to help someone through the grind it can be a lot easier to just craft the pieces for them and then give those to them.

Edit: wiki even confirms this is still the case.

KrstEPS.png

That's interesting then. Kinda weird to me still though as it doesn't follow the usual "rules" set by the game.

I already knew for gems and some other resources from open worlds like fishes that are tradable.

But anyways I'm satisfied with this confirmation. I was genuinely concerned that it might have been untrue.

1 hour ago, Rathalio said:

Kinda weird to me still though as it doesn't follow the usual "rules" set by the game.

Oh, I agree entirely on that point. The first time I heard it I was skeptical too, for the same reason you were. But, as it turns out...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DE allow crafted Necramech Part to be tradable because of the requirement for New War. They also gave the Voidrig bp and part bp for free (later) because a lot of user didn't start New War due to the requirement gap (Necramech part bp require standing on Loid). Plus Loid standing kind of weird since you need Orokin Matrix that can only be farm from killing Necramech on Isolation Bounty (you can get it from downed Necramech during Fass but that's rarely happened). And the easiest way to kill the Necramech is with another Necramech.

Archived