The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Volt and Hunting

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Seems eidolons have gotten harder. 

1) vom spawns are either lacking or ridiculous. One trilodon 1*3 can see us all running the map trying to find Voms, the next during Harry there's literally waves of dozens coming every 10 seconds and you barely have time for Harry lol..

2) harry (the last one?) seems to be killing players left and right more than before. It's significantly more than when I stopped hunting months ago. Occasionally (2-3 times during Harry only) my volt insta-dies and sometimes three of us die simultaneously.

So I've been reading up on volt augment mods and arcanes to see if there's something new with Duviri and Zariman that could help.

Shock Trooper seems interesting particularly the line that reads it will apply additional electric status to weapon damage...?!

So, eidolons hâte radiation and elec+heat...so...a high Crit kuva or weapon with innate heat? A rubicoP heat build? Cross referencing my owned weapons I also discovered the perigale which I have one forma installed. It has a Crit bonus of 20-40% and the added bonus of a 4 round burst fire. With a MS mod wreak mega damage? BurstonP incarnate? BratonP incarnon w auto fire?

So just curious if anyone has any good heat weapon builds they've tested with shock Trooper or any weapons with progenitor bonus like a kchakkhur with heat? which i also own. Man, a lvl40 chakkhur with heat and shock Trooper? Basically no mod limits...if shockT converts to radiation on hit.

Anyone tested?

I have only one forma r/n so please let me know to save me the trouble.

Also, any tips on newer Duviri arcanes employable vs eidolons? I am severely lacking in this but would appreciate a direction.

13 answers to this question

I eido hunt a lot. Like, a lot. Unless I have other things to farm, I'll be hunting nearly every night cycle, so I can answer some of this for you.

1) Vom spawns yea, suck, but there's ways to manipulate them. For example, making sure someone gets to Terry AS SOON AS entering the Plains, and attack him/strip his armour as he's getting out of the water. This will cause him to poop out a vom once he starts walking around, and you can instantly get 1 charge in a lure.

Added to this, one other person goes to the right when coming out of the Cetus gate. They go across the small tail of the lake that is there, and grab the lure in that small camp. Then they move back towards the small little tail of the lake, and look around for 2 Voms. 2 Should ALWAYS spawn there by doing this. Use Enemy Radar to help with this. This person then gets those 2 charges, and then rushes over to terry before he walks off, grabs the 1 charge that he poops, and boom, you instantly get 1 fully charged lure.

While doing terry, 1 person goes and grabs 2 more lures. These 2 lures you can charge during terry easily enough.

Then, during Garry, you do the same, just grab 3 empty lures, get them charged. You can repeat the same lure near the lakes tail a few times to keep getting 2 charges as well.

2) For dying on harry, use Adaptation, Umbral Vitality and Magus repair or magus Elevate to keep healing until you need to shoot him. Also keep a decaying dragon key on you to make use of shield gating more often.

Some basics:

• Charge 1 lure only for Terry, charge 2 more during Terrys fight
  • Finish Terry with 3 Charged lures
  • Finish Garry with 4 Charged lures
  • Charge the remaining 2 lures during Harrys fight
  • Use Enemy Radars to find vomvalysts easily
  • Do not fully strip eidolon armour, but strip it down to being really minimal. DON'T use corrosive projection!
  • Use Radiation damage. This is why you don't want to fully strip an eido. Radiation will give you the maximum damage bonuses
  • Don't use AOE weapnos. Most AOE weapons damage is in their AOE. This AOE Eidolons generally ignore. Not because it doesn't work, but because the hit registration for it is insanely finicky and usually results in 0's.
  • Take your time. Time your shots, and learn rotations. Eido hunting isn't the easiest thing to do, especially when going fast. It's very easy to mess it up and make mistakes when going fast, so just take your time to learn it and progressively get faster.

Your builds will want to look similarish to the following: https://imgur.com/a/TCgrUFs

Allow me to explain the builds here:

Volt

Spoiler

Volt gets Eclipse subsumed onto his 4. Eclipse actually gives the damage boost when on the plains. It's weird, I know, but DE messed with the lighting engine and thus now it works. This is required for oneshotting limbs consistently. it's possible to oneshot without eclipse sure, but this allows volt to do it entirely on his own without any issues.

Ontop of this, my Volt is running with 2 Amber Archon shards and 2 Azure Archon shards for Casting Speed and Energy max, really just for comfort. They aren't required.

Shock trooper interacts with the Rubico here. Speed is for just getting around fast enough, and shield you fire through with your operator and get increased damage.

You really REALLY want Arcane Nullifier to stop your frame being hit by the mag proc and losing all its energy.

Rubico

Spoiler

Pretty self explanator. Shock trooper combines with the heat and makes radiation. That saves space on the build to just add more damage, multishot and crit. That's all you need. The Arcane is just for comfort. On Ability cast, boosted reload speed. it's nice to have, not necessary.

Having a powerful riven is nice, but not needed.

Sarpa

Spoiler

Attack speed and Shattering impact with Bullet dance is all you need. 4 vollys into any eidolon and you'll strip them down enough to roughly 10% ish of their armour. DO NOT DO MORE THAN THAT! If you do more, you'll overstrip them, and start doing less damage. No bueno.

Sentinel

Spoiler

Just there to give you enemy sense really. Using Wyrm/Wyrm prime is preferred with its augment, Negate, which helps during Harry to block electric procs. Otherwise, it's just kinda... there.
Having a "primary" weapon on your sentinel with the Vigilante mods is also preferred, to give you the set mod bonus

Amp

Spoiler

Ideally, you want a 177 (Raplak Prism, Propa Scaffold, Certus Brace).

You can also get away with the 777 I have (Klamora prism, other parts are the same).

Pretty much, you MUST use the Certus Brace, then your Prism and Scaffold can vary. Raplak and Klamora prisms are your better choices. The Propa scaffold is pretty much the best one for eidos, as you can fire it before the shields go back up, and already be back in your frame ready to shoot a limb before it explodes, which helps cut down wasted time.

For arcanes, Eternal Eradicate and Eternal Onslaught are somewhat required. They work alongside Madurai perfectly, and give you the maximum amount of damage possible, which lets you oneshot shields consistently with the Propa.

Magus Repair for constant healing, and Emergency Saviour is more for comfort to keep the operator/drifter alive while wait for the perfect time to fire your propa.

With this setup, I can consistently solo 5x3, WITH about 4 mins or so to spare. If I really heavily optimized my runs, I could maybe hit a 6x3, but honestly, I don't care, 5x3 is fine enough for me at this point.

2 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Volt gets Eclipse subsumed onto his 4.

Done thx

making sure someone gets to Terry AS SOON AS entering the Plains, and attack him/strip his armo

When I see someone else get a lure i do exactly this yes. However sometimes a vom simply does not spawn for minutes.

Added to this, one other person goes to the right when coming out of the Cetus gate. They go across the small tail of the lake that is there, and grab the lure in that small camp. T

Just ran a cull. No lure, no Vons at that camp. Big camp towards ocean usually spawns two. None. None for all three eidolons at either location.

If I'm the lead, I usually mark eidolon location if it's far, grab a lure then break the shield then fly around looking for two red dots and charge those two then hope for a vom at the eido.

For dying on harry, use Adaptation, Umbral Vitality and Magus repair or magus Elevate to keep healing until you need to shoot him. Also keep a decaying dragon key on you to make use of shield gating more often

Doing all that aside from the dragon key. I've never done that and frankly forgot about it. I see it on some squad mate load outs. I'll try. Thx

with 2 Amber Archon shards and 2 Azure Archon shards

I think I have one blue and one red. Energy and weapon damage.

want Arcane Nullifier

Already done R5

4 vollys into any eidolon and you'll strip them down enough to roughly 10% ish of their armour. DO NOT DO MORE THAN THAT! If you do more, you'll overstrip them, and start doing less damage. No bueno

Did not know. Don't have Sara will investigate.

Using Wyrm/Wyrm prime is preferred with its augment, Negate

Yep...perfect

Having a "primary" weapon on your sentinel with the Vigilante mods is also preferred, to give you the set mod bonus

Missing this thx

deally, you want a 177

I do but use 147 instead. I use a AoE secondary to vaporize a vom pack first (used Xoris before trying something new) and then switch to operator and alt fire clears a pack of voms. Works well (for me)

For arcanes, Eternal Eradicate and Eternal Onslaught are somewhat required

Have both R5 each installed yeah.

All good stuff I'll review and rethink my amp as well. 

Emergency Saviour

What's this? Not in wiki

Ok what am I missing here. I go to arbiters of hexis and look at shock Trooper augment mod, and there's a check on top showing i own it.

I go to arsenal, volt prime, and it is not listed in my mods at all, not under augment or under all. Anywhere. WTF

I really hate these frustrating aspects of WF. And no, it's not already on my build.

And like a dumbass I spent the orokin potato to get past the -44k level 2 minutes before thinking of checking the offerings.

How does one contact support? After so many bugs and lost rewards they better give me back my potato and shock Trooper or I'm done! 

Edit ... nvm I figured out how to submit a missing inventory ticket on this forum menu.

you don't have to leave lone Elements on your Weapons, if you Mod for Radiation, which you would be doing anyways, it will add to your Radiation.
also Shock Trooper is one of the reasons to be using Volt for Eidolons in the first place, so yes you should be using it.

as for the Eidolons themselves, i have played plenty of the Content but i haven't done any in a while so any changes to the game elsewhere that may affect Eidolons, idunno.

as for protecting yourself atleast, use Adaptation and consider using 3/3 Umbrals. Eidolons basically deal Electricity and Tau Damage, so Adaptation is particularly effective against them compared to most Enemies which deal 3+ Damage types (IPS or IPS and sometimes some Elements). 

for everyone else, maybe they're just more inexperienced Players than they were in the past. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

use Adaptation and consider using 3/3 Umbrals

I had adaptation already. Wasn't very effective obviously. 

For someone like me umbral formas are hard to get only playing 14 months.

Changing my arcanes seemed to do the most difference. This morning I didn't get randomly insta-dead at all.

Next night cycle i will try removing adaptation to see if it's necessary. Maybe we need both...but I'd love to perhaps open another mod slot.

22 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Just there to give you enemy sense really. Using Wyrm/Wyrm prime is preferred with its augment, Negate, which helps during Harry to block electric procs. Otherwise, it's just kinda... there.

So do you run solo? I see you have vacuum.

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

you don't have to leave lone Elements on your Weapons, if you Mod for Radiation, which you would be doing anyways, it will add to your Radiation.
also Shock Trooper is one of the reasons to be using Volt for Eidolons in the first place, so yes you should be using it.

as for the Eidolons themselves, i have played plenty of the Content but i haven't done any in a while so any changes to the game elsewhere that may affect Eidolons, idunno.

as for protecting yourself atleast, use Adaptation and consider using 3/3 Umbrals. Eidolons basically deal Electricity and Tau Damage, so Adaptation is particularly effective against them compared to most Enemies which deal 3+ Damage types (IPS or IPS and sometimes some Elements). 

for everyone else, maybe they're just more inexperienced Players than they were in the past. 🤷‍♂️

Modding for shock trooper allows space for more damage, crit and/or multishot. Shock trooper works out to be more damage.

3 umbrals is also waaaay to much in a more optimised build now

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Changing my arcanes seemed to do the most difference. This morning I didn't get randomly insta-dead at all.

Next night cycle i will try removing adaptation to see if it's necessary. Maybe we need both...but I'd love to perhaps open another mod slot.

So do you run solo? I see you have vacuum.

Adaptation only does so much. You don't need umbral forma though, just forma the other slots. Do not remove adaptation though.

I do run solo, as well as in a group ranging from 2-4. Obviously, group play is much easier
I do stream as well, and we do Eidos on stream if that might help, you know, actually seeing it done (excuse the shameless plug)

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

I do stream as well, and we do Eidos on stream if that might help, you know, actually seeing it done

Appreciate the offer but I'm good. I've done plenty of runs, I was just missing a couple things, and this discussion helped. It was the arcanes and the eclipse which I totally forgot about. I've run 79 tricap runs in the last week haha.

..and will go again in 30mins

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Adaptation on its own won't save you or anything, ofcourse. 

i can appreciate that slotting Umbrals can be challenging - either a long term thing or pick another avenue in the meantime that you do have.
Adaptation is pretty important - and besides, it's Volt, your Mod Slots for Eidolons is mainly just EHP and Strength anyways. you don't realllllllllllllllllllllly need Range, and some Duration/Efficiency is nice but you don't need to push it much. 

the really challenging one to fit will be Primed Sure Footed, but that's even farther off in the distance for you 😅

3 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Modding for shock trooper allows space for more damage, crit and/or multishot. Shock trooper works out to be more damage.

3 umbrals is also waaaay to much in a more optimised build now

yes, it might be preferable to remove some Elementals and get it from the Ability instead. they'll just have to figure the opportunity cost themselves, for the Mods they're using on whatever Weapons suit them.

stacking the Tau Resist is indeed quite extreme and maybe even 'excessive', but it's certainly a big difference, whether it suits the user isn't up to me.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

really challenging one to fit will be Primed Sure Footed, but that's even farther off in the distance for you

I have PSF in my build. But I have been going back and forth with it in/out. Not sure I need it. I had it with xoris. Essential with xoris. But I haven't been using it and I'm fine, although last cycle i did insta die 4 or 5 times in a 4x3 run but PSF doesn't help that.

Archived