The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synapse riven, thoughts?

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

3 answers to this question

the negative status chance hurts it quite a bit but otherwise the positives are solid.

I'd keep rolling hoping to get rid of the loss to status chance but it is certainly useable until you get something better (Ideally multishot would be a nice positive to replace the faction damage but that's more my personal preference than anything else. Grineer is a solid faction damage option).

Hey nice! Its decent, I would try not to underestimate negative status though, 13% may not seem like much, but you have to remember how beam weapons with multi shot and firer rate can be in the effectiveness of the weapon. Should still be pretty strong. I have a similar Riven, but the negative is - Infested Damage and its only got two positives (CC and CD) so with the negative, its stats are a bit higher. Its great against pretty much all regular enemies. Still hope i can roll it in Circuit, I imagine it would be beastly with some Decrees. Plus hopefully next year may get an Infested Lich version (which you'll Riven will work on too). 

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Riven has CC and CD w neg status but who cares w 13% base SC

The negative should be fine, but not because status doesn't matter on Synapse.  It does matter unless maybe you're priming with something else.  Or just obliterating low levels...with a Synapse, for some reason.

Rather because its RoF, multi, and Gaptitude will still allow it to still apply status well enough to offset the negative.

Archived