The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this a good strategy for getting all syndicates items?

(PSN)CountBackwardsII

Question

As I understand I can grind Steel Meridian to the max. Get all the items after another few grinding weeks and get all the mods/weapons/warframe mods etc. 

Then move to the next Red Veil and finish it off in a similar fashion.

Then rank the -2 to max syndicate.

This way I get all the items in one go and in a sense be able to "complete" all the faction syndicates items before moving to the next one. Yes the sacrifice is only needed once but this way I'm able to get all the stuff in one syndicate once and for all right?

Is there anything wrong with this strat?

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PSN)CountBackwardsII said:

As I understand I can grind Steel Meridian to the max. Get all the items after another few grinding weeks and get all the mods/weapons/warframe mods etc. 

Then move to the next Red Veil and finish it off in a similar fashion.

Then rank the -2 to max syndicate.

This way I get all the items in one go and in a sense be able to "complete" all the faction syndicates items before moving to the next one. Yes the sacrifice is only needed once but this way I'm able to get all the stuff in one syndicate once and for all right?

It may be slow. You can just do 3 first or 3 last syndicates without any negatives. Doing so you can get most augment and probably most other stuff.

As fair I remember you have like 5-10 frames that you cannot get from 3 syndicates (at least 3 first I have). There is lot of repetition so you don't have to rise all 6 syndicates. Unless you want Specters, weaposn or some few stuffs. However weapons are tradeable and very cheap. It used to be 40-50 plat but nowadays I see it even for 10-15.

6 hours ago, (PSN)CountBackwardsII said:

The biggest problem is that while you may be able to temporarily "complete" each Syndicate, new items are regularly being added to the stock; things like new Warframe Augments and Captura Scenes are common additions, and in some cases DE has added entirely new types of items like Emotes and Armor.  So even if you rotated through all of the Syndicates and earned all the rewards, within a few months you would no longer be up-to-date and there would be new items in all Syndicates that you would need to either earn or trade for.

Most of the desirable items in each Syndicate are tradeable, so unless you really want to have everything (like all the Sigils, etc), I'd recommend just picking 3 Syndicates* and then trading for the items your Syndicates don't have.  And regardless, you'll eventually have to trade to stay up-to-date (unless you want to regularly want to change Syndicates for the entirety of your Warframe life, which seems like a huge chore!)

*Most people pick one of the following two sets of Syndicates because they play nice together:

• Steel Meridian + Arbiters of Hexis + Cephalon Suda
  • New Loka + Red Veil + Perrin Sequence

Yup, and if you trade and are patient, you can find others to trade across the syndicates. Mod for mod, arch part for arch part, or the armor sets. Heck, I've found that people that will actually trade parts (including myself) instead of demanding plat are often fine with 'close enough' trades. Say 80k of stuff for 100K mix and match style.

21 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

The biggest problem is that while you may be able to temporarily "complete" each Syndicate, new items are regularly being added to the stock; things like new Warframe Augments and Captura Scenes are common additions, and in some cases DE has added entirely new types of items like Emotes and Armor.  So even if you rotated through all of the Syndicates and earned all the rewards, within a few months you would no longer be up-to-date and there would be new items in all Syndicates that you would need to either earn or trade for.

Most of the desirable items in each Syndicate are tradeable, so unless you really want to have everything (like all the Sigils, etc), I'd recommend just picking 3 Syndicates* and then trading for the items your Syndicates don't have.  And regardless, you'll eventually have to trade to stay up-to-date (unless you want to regularly want to change Syndicates for the entirety of your Warframe life, which seems like a huge chore!)

*Most people pick one of the following two sets of Syndicates because they play nice together:

• Steel Meridian + Arbiters of Hexis + Cephalon Suda
  • New Loka + Red Veil + Perrin Sequence

Oh sucks they keep adding to it?? Atleast the rank up items are just once a lifetime right? Especially even the -2 to 0 rank is also once a lifetime? 

I have four syndicates at max, which means I'm missing out only on very few mods and can even build several of the archwing weapons, the parts of which are spread out over several syndicates. I would have to trade for stuff like the armors if I wanted them, and of course some of the archwing weapon pieces.

Raising four syndicates at once implies juggling the unavoidable negatives. There are a few exceptions to get only positives, like in this case, where it's a Steel Meridian syndicate mission while the pledge is for Cephalon Suda.

TL0dlGv.jpg

Of course, that's only possible to a very limited extent.

22 hours ago, (PSN)CountBackwardsII said:

Oh sucks they keep adding to it?? Atleast the rank up items are just once a lifetime right? Especially even the -2 to 0 rank is also once a lifetime? 

If I understand you properly you're asking about the items you have to offer to the Syndicate to get to the next rank?  For that the answer is no: every single time you rank down, if you want to go back up again you have to offer an item again.

The intended design of the Syndicates is that you can't get everything you want all on your own; the rest you get from trading with your fellow Tenno.  They don't outright prevent you from trying to do it all on your own, but to do so would be an endless pain in the butt, one that I would strongly recommend against.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

f I understand you properly you're asking about the items you have to offer to the Syndicate to get to the next rank?  For that the answer is no: every single time you rank down, if you want to go back up again you have to offer an item again.

I went up and down a few times in each and mostly it didn’t ask for another sacrifice while ranking up, telling me I had already done so. But a couple of times it did ask, which made me scratch my head.

For the OP, I would suggest ending your journey with whatever syndicate has the specter you like most.

42 minutes ago, m_a_r_c_h_ said:

went up and down a few times in each and mostly it didn’t ask for another sacrifice while ranking up, telling me I had already done so. But a couple of times it did ask, which made me scratch my head.

My best guess would be that maybe it has to do with when the sacrifice items change due to vault updates?

Archived