The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Sling/Dash

JonyShins

Petition to have a toggle option to switch back to the old void dash. The void sling just feels soo clunky compared to the smooth and fast void dash. Could we get a toggle option for void sling and void dash sometime in the future?

41 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

No we can't. Player feedback was "I hate Void Sling, why you ruining your game DE?" and DE responded with "I know better than you."

I think its cause people just gave up and got used to void sling despite the backlash

The change was bad, but what was even worse was having it hampered by the apparent collision-box, the fact that you don't pick up things as you travel unless you appear at that exact spot, and lets not get started with the stun on long falls...

If they were to bring void dash back they'd had to nerf the crap out of it because it was seriously unbalanced. I personally think void sling is a far better mechanic though so I don't really see much of a need to even bring it back. 

42 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

If they were to bring void dash back they'd had to nerf the crap out of it because it was seriously unbalanced. I personally think void sling is a far better mechanic though so I don't really see much of a need to even bring it back. 

not really, the only nerf i can see happening is making it so you cant spam energy pads with operator or something

13 hours ago, Jivy said:

not really, the only nerf i can see happening is making it so you cant spam energy pads with operator or something

Theyd have to nerf the speed or something. You could basically travel long distances at lightspeed. 

Regardless I dont think it really should come back. I think sling is a far better mechanic. 

The most annoying part about Void Sling is that you now need momentum to get past enemies or else you only travel like 5m once you collide with them. It also feels like it has fairly strict collision detection with terrain making it difficult to accurately move somewhere without stopping short if you're using it in a narrow space.

Archived