The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't fire "Quick Shot" in Duviri

Zortrox

Question

I'm a bit unsure if this is a bug or a setting/keybind I haven't found yet.  When playing Duviri, I can't quick shot.  I have melee for Drifter bound to "F" and the "melee with fire button input enabled" turned OFF.

I did some testing, and if I turn that "melee with fire button input enabled" setting on, I can do a quick shot by pressing "F", but I can no longer do normal melee attacks with "F", just heavy attacks with the left mouse button.

Am I just missing something?  I feel like a keybind specifically for "quick shot" would solve my issue, but either it doesn't exist or I can't find it.

10 answers to this question

I get that it might seem weird, but that's the point of changing controls.  I do have heavy attack bound to left mouse button and melee attack bound to F (I think it used to be called quick melee?).  I've had this setup for over 5 years and have gotten used to it, and switching it up just to use a small skill in a single part of the game doesn't feel right to me.

That being said, then what's the "correct" keybindings for melee/heavy?

On 2023-07-13 at 10:42 AM, FiveN9ne said:

The more annoying part is that quickshot can only fire once and then has a pause enforced so no matter how much fire rate you get going you can only fire one shot at a time. Thanks DE.

This is my #1 usability issue that prevents me from enjoying Duviri.

The fact that once you use melee, you're locked into Melee + Quick Shot and you have to MANUALLY swap back to the gun if you want to use that. 

Wish there was at least an option to disable quick shot and make the control scheme work like... the entire rest of the game.

On 2023-07-13 at 11:42 AM, FiveN9ne said:

The more annoying part is that quickshot can only fire once and then has a pause enforced so no matter how much fire rate you get going you can only fire one shot at a time. Thanks DE.

Or you could change to the pistol with F and fire as fast as you want.

On 2023-07-13 at 2:15 PM, Zortrox said:

That being said, then what's the "correct" keybindings for melee/heavy?

There is no correct keybinds. The default ones are E for melee and Mouse3 (push scroll) for Heavy attack, but i strongly advise against using Mouse3 as heavy attack unless you want to break your mouse. Other option is using an in-game setting for repeated presses as Hold instead of Tap.

Just now, Zakkhar said:

Or you could change to the pistol with F and fire as fast as you want.

Yes, having to switch between weapons and not being able to use them interchangeably like we do everywhere else in warframe makes total sense.

1 minute ago, FiveN9ne said:

like we do everywhere else in warframe makes total sense.

I know right? That is because it is not everywhere else in Warframe. This is Duviri. Drifter is a non-enhanced human, not a living body armor operated telepatically by tweaked up kid.

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

I know right? That is because it is not everywhere else in Warframe. This is Duviri. Drifter is a non-enhanced human, not a living body armor operated telepatically by tweaked up kid.

That just sounds like an excuse to add an arbitrary animation delay to annoy people. Do you have an actual reason why it should work like that?

Why can you quick melee without having to equip the melee first? But not the other way around? 

33 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

Why can you quick melee without having to equip the melee first? But not the other way around? 

Pick a knife and a gun. If you hold gun in your dominant hand and the knife if you other hand, you can pretty quickly stab someone after shooting. 

Now try shooting someone with your other hand while holding a knife with your dominant hand.

PS: Be glad they made it possible, instead of animation of manual switching hands (F swap is instant and animationless).

Archived