Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Solution To Affinity Gain Slowdown

Destro6677

I dusted off my Braton Vandal specifically for this event and I'm loving damage 2.0.

However, I do see the affinity nerf now. It seems ridiculous that my affinity bar creeps like a snail even though I'm smashing at least 50+ level 29 space zombies per mission, using a level 9 braton with 2 attack polarities.

For those of you who would like to know, I'm using a rank 10 serration and maxed multishot, with +100% crit chance build.

Because it takes forever to level weapons, I would suggest that a small affinity gain be added under 2 conditions:

i) The weapon you are using is lower level than the enemies.

ii) You are playing well by getting headshots, or maximum pellet impact on the enemies, so on and so forth.

Building off notionphil's idea for gaining energy through stances and good play, I disagree with the concept of having to gain something as important as energy through good play, because things do get chaotic and sometimes we just need to fire and forget, but for an extra affinity system, I think it might work.

This system would also reward forma-ing weapons in ways other than just raw power, because it would reduce the time needed to re-level it, making the process less frustrating. This also rewards skilled play against tougher enemies.

In order to balance the system, as the weapon gains in levels, the additional affinity gain should be toned down until it reaches 0.0 at level 30.

tldr: We need an additional affinity boost when fighting enemies higher-leveled than our weapons or when we land headshots. This reduces the frustration of using forma and rewards skilled play against higher level enemies.

Go to cyath or kiste. You can fully level a gun airly quickly.

That's not the point.

Do I really want to shoot my way through hordes of level 42-45 enemies with my rank 9 Braton?

What am I supposed to do, leech as it does 1 damage to anything? Beg for friends with maxed crit somas to carry me and feel like dead weight?

I'm talking about a risk/reward factor, not my own inability to level a weapon because I won't play mobile defense.