The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

clamps grind is where fatigue really sets in btw (stopping me from bothering to unlock incarnons)

44 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I think something like 1 Clamp per Duviri side activity would encourage folks to get the most out of what Duviri has to offer without getting burned out on Orowyrm fights.

I'd support this, with or without a change that only awards the clamp if you've already maxed all of your intrinsics.  It could also just be a chance for it to be awarded.

I don't have much skin in this game though.  Well, this particular part.  I've collected every adapter I can, but I've only bothered attaching them if it's for a weapon I'm legitimately interested in.  As such, the pathos clamp cost hasn't hit me that hard yet.  That may change though.

19 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

I dunno about you but a majority of my playtime in durviri was in the circuit getting incarnons, if we could get some clamps in one of the tiers then that would be 2 birds with one stone. The materials collection is chill, you pop in get what you want and leave in 5-10min, you don't need to do all the 6 stages of a boring bounty to get the stuff.

It would just never be at the level where it would be self sustaining, so you wouldnt save much time, since you'd still have to do nearly the same amount of Wyrm kills in the end. Because I very much doubt a clamp reward would be so significant that it could replace the other two modes. Even if it was placed at the tier 11+ rewards it would be random and a waste of time compared to just hunting the Wyrm. It would very likely just add more bloat to the reward tiers, and personally I'd rather see rivens, arcanes, adapters of different kinds and potatos on my way towards the incarnon. It would end up like the Steel Essence reward, an utter waste of a tier reward slot for most.

I agree. Getting pathos clamps just about killed whatever desire i had left to keep doing the game mode. After all the bumps and bruises of launch. Losing numbers of rewards after playing for long periods of time. And just generally being dark souls/elden ring. Clamps being needed for most of the new weapons just wore me out. I get why it is the way it is though.

They needed time. I would imagine making stuff for warframe takes a while. And with flop after flop of game mods, weapons, warframes, etc. They knew their playerbase was getting restless. In comes durviri. And incarnons. Where there's a massive element of time there. Waiting for the incarnon week change. Waiting for clamps. Going through herding. Having to fight wormies for a small amount of drops. Etc. It's all to buy time. To hold us over until the next thing. And the next thing. Like they've been doing for a while now.

It's not a bug. It's a feature. With that many incarnons it was meant for us to grind away until blank. I don't thing they care about player burn out at this point. Considering they have one of the longest free to play games probably ever. With that said. If they gave us more. It'd probably screw up their timeline of production. Which sucks. But it isn't like they haven't to some degree been doing that this entire time.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

It would just never be at the level where it would be self sustaining, so you wouldnt save much time, since you'd still have to do nearly the same amount of Wyrm kills in the end. Because I very much doubt a clamp reward would be so significant that it could replace the other two modes. Even if it was placed at the tier 11+ rewards it would be random and a waste of time compared to just hunting the Wyrm. It would very likely just add more bloat to the reward tiers, and personally I'd rather see rivens, arcanes, adapters of different kinds and potatos on my way towards the incarnon. It would end up like the Steel Essence reward, an utter waste of a tier reward slot for most.

Clamps can replace the credit rewards, 50k credits aren't making anyone grofit

1 hour ago, ReddyDisco said:

Clamps can replace the credit rewards, 50k credits aren't making anyone grofit

Sure, but how many? 1, 2 or 5 considering what the reward vs time structure is for bonus tiers? I'm not sure anyone would find it worth it, since farming arcanes from the circuit is already pointless since the introduction of the portals that guarantee 3 arcanes. I doubt many would use circuit to farm clamps since progress is so slow together with RNG rewards at the bonus tiers. A full The Duviri Experience run with portals and all on SP takes roughly 40 minutes unless you have extremely poor luck and need to grind extra decrees, That rewards 15 clamps, 5 Essence, 3 arcanes and a bunch of materials.

24 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Sure, but how many? 1, 2 or 5 considering what the reward vs time structure is for bonus tiers? I'm not sure anyone would find it worth it, since farming arcanes from the circuit is already pointless since the introduction of the portals that guarantee 3 arcanes. I doubt many would use circuit to farm clamps since progress is so slow together with RNG rewards at the bonus tiers. A full The Duviri Experience run with portals and all on SP takes roughly 40 minutes unless you have extremely poor luck and need to grind extra decrees, That rewards 15 clamps, 5 Essence, 3 arcanes and a bunch of materials.

Adding another source of clamps hurts noone, more options to get to an objective is what i'm asking. Doesn't matter if the current way is more efficient, it's incredibly boring subjectively. 

Archived