The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amalgam Mods that are Unobtainable.

P0STUL-Frame

Please Please PLEASE us a way to require Amalgam Mods that come from the Thermia Fractures event! As of me writing this post, the Amalgam Mods you can acquire from Thermia Fractures, Amalgam Serration, Amalgam Barrel Diffusion, Amalgam Shotgun Spazz, and Amalgam Organ Shatter, are currently untradeable, and can only be acquired once per account. And a year back, I had the-not-so-bright idea of dismantling both Amalgam Serration and Amalgam Barrel Diffusion for Endo for a really expensive mod. I was a fool back then, thinking the additional Sprint Speed and Dodge Speed were useless. Twas to my shock and regret that a year later, everyone and their mother was using those two mods in their Levelcap Builds! I tried reaquiring them through every means necessary, but no luck. Simaris didn't have them, and grinding the event further, even AFTER I acquired the Opticor Vandal, had ZER0 effect. I doubt any special enemy drops these things, so please. Give us unfortunate fools a way to reacquire these Thermia-Fracture-exclusive mods, even AFTER you destroyed them! PLEASE, HELP!

• Like 6

Making them available again either by doing more fractures, or from Simaris, would be great and is long overdue...

That said, the only real unique mod is Amalgam Organ Shatter and its heavy attack speed, the other mod bonuses are pretty situational

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Making them available again either by doing more fractures, or from Simaris, would be great and is long overdue...

That said, the only real unique mod is Amalgam Organ Shatter and its heavy attack speed, the other mod bonuses are pretty situational

Cryogenian uses it in his Vampiric Trinity Levelcap Build, probably to make better use of Rolling Guard.

4 minutes ago, Top_Stack said:

Cryogenian uses it in his Vampiric Trinity Levelcap Build, probably to make better use of Rolling Guard.

I'll acknowledge the synergy is there, and multishot is always great, but I'm not sure how valuable it is to gain an extra half a second of RG. But that's just me

On 2023-07-23 at 4:49 AM, Top_Stack said:

And a year back, I had the-not-so-bright idea of dismantling both Amalgam Serration and Amalgam Barrel Diffusion for Endo for a really expensive mod.

Take responsibility for your actions. Dismantling mods for endo is stupid. Especially mods that you have 1 piece of. Endo is everywhere.

PS: Funny you say "us", but what you really mean is you.

On 2023-07-23 at 4:56 AM, Pakaku said:

Erm, no? Serration massively increases your sprint speed and it is passive (works even if you are not using the Primary). Dodge speed lets you roll really fast and far with frames that cannot move otherwise (Prowled Ivara, Waltz Mesa with 4 up, there is at least one more I forgot). It also synergises well with Rolling Guard and other "on roll" mods and Decrees. ONly really meh one is Shotgun Barrage. 

Edited by Zakkhar

43 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Erm, no? Serration massively increases your sprint speed and it is passive (works even if you are not using the Primary). Dodge speed lets you roll really fast and far with frames that cannot move otherwise (Prowled Ivara, Waltz Mesa with 4 up, there is at least one more I forgot). It also synergises well with Rolling Guard and other "on roll" mods and Decrees. ONly really meh one is Shotgun Barrage

I'm pretty sure the total dodge roll is the same, but you end up doing quicker shorter rolls. The only reason I could see it being worth running for is to synergize with Rolling Guard (and admittedly RG is a good enough mod that I could see being worth it) and decrees

Sprint speed is subjective, I almost never use my sprint since I think bullet-jumping is better in both speed and obviously the vertical movement

Edited by Pakaku
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

Sprint speed is subjective, I almost never use my sprint since I think bullet-jumping is better in both speed and obviously the vertical movement

Bullet jumping momentum can be increased with sprint speed, actually any momentum can.

35 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Bullet jumping momentum can be increased with sprint speed, actually any momentum can.

I've given it a try and can't get bullet jumping to cover any further distance than if I was just walking. It's pretty easy to bullet-jump to boost a roll, though.

Free sprint speed is always worth it (as far as what you gain for what you lose).  I never slot serration over the amalgam and haven't since they were released.  I rarely slot serration though.  The secondary mod is amazing, especially with parkour velocity...it just sucks having to decide between that and extra multi shot from galvanized mod. 

I don't think sprint speed effects bullet jumping, just bullet jump mods and parkour velocity, but it's still nice to have.  Amalgam organ shatter is used regularly.  I would be annoyed to not have these for so long for a mistake!

Edited by Lord_Drod

On 2023-07-23 at 4:49 AM, Top_Stack said:

Dodge Speed were useless. Twas to my shock and regret that a year later, everyone and their mother was using those two mods in their Levelcap Builds!

Next time they change Deimos, the Grandma will make your roll longer somehow. I can bet on it.

There are many sources of roll distances if you want it.

there is another heavy attack speed + frames, not very unique

21 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Erm, no? Serration massively increases your sprint speed and it is passive (works even if you are not using the Primary). Dodge speed lets you roll really fast and far with frames that cannot move otherwise (Prowled Ivara, Waltz Mesa with 4 up, there is at least one more I forgot). It also synergises well with Rolling Guard and other "on roll" mods and Decrees. ONly really meh one is Shotgun Barrage. 

But all mod are not unique. You can get them in some way.

Roll used to be unique (not counting melee mode block roll) but it's not yet another roll distance.

And it doesn't synergize with Rolling guard. Hitting wall all the time is good? Previous version (shorter rolls) had synergy - you have shorter roll (less distance/time) so you can move quicker.

20 hours ago, Pakaku said:

I'm pretty sure the total dodge roll is the same, but you end up doing quicker shorter rolls. The only reason I could see it being worth running for is to synergize with Rolling Guard (and admittedly RG is a good enough mod that I could see being worth it) and decrees

Oh, sorry to bring sad news. That amalgam mod is changed to make LONGER rolls. Only way to make short roll is via melee mode & blocking.

Anything else aside, they do try to guard against destroying or giving up things you cannot re-obtain. You can't donate the Courtly Shawzin to your dojo because you cannot re-obtain it. Additional Umbral mods -- which the game will only give you one of each to start -- can be obtained from Simaris. Etc.

It feels like in that vein, the Amalgam mods from the thermia fractures event should be in Simaris' shop (once you have obtained the mod); the fact that they're not seems to me more likely to be an oversight than an actual conscious decision.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Please DE, please make this a thing. At least give the mods to Simaris if you have maxed out the event previously.

Quite a few people have probably made the mistake of dissolving their mods from the event, not myself but others I know have fallen victim to this. Yes, this is due to their own negligence but I would believe most Warframe players think about this as any other item in the game. "I have a way to reobtain this so I don't need it now." There is no explicit warning that tells you that the mod you are selling or dissolving can not be reacquired. 

• 8 months later...
On 2023-07-22 at 11:49 PM, P0STUL-Frame said:

Give us unfortunate fools a way to reacquire these Thermia-Fracture-exclusive mods, even AFTER you destroyed them!

Ah, it's the Xoris all over again.

Jokes aside though, this is a nice change. Unlike weapons, there isn't much that already exists to stop a player from dismantling a mod.
See also: Umbral Mods.

Once-per-account mods are cool and all, but the possibility for players to destroy them without knowledge of their elusive nature is too high to be ignored.
Especially since this issue is formed from this game requiring a Wiki at all times.

EDIT: Oh, I only noticed now the original post date.
Looks like someone necro-posted, coincidentally the one time I DON'T look further into things.

Edited by Binket_
"Everything weird happens when you're not paying attention."

On 2023-07-24 at 9:48 PM, Zakkhar said:

Take responsibility for your actions. Dismantling mods for endo is stupid. Especially mods that you have 1 piece of. Endo is everywhere.

PS: Funny you say "us", but what you really mean is you.

Guess what genius people make mistakes even I a Legendary 2 rn have at one point made the mistake of selling my Xoris for credits, IT. HAPPENS. 

Now get a grip or just shut up and stop being so full of yourself if you’re not going to help or leave feedback. There should always be a way to fix your mistakes like simaris (like every is suggesting). Lord knows I farmed that 100k simaris standing for a new Xoris but atleast I got the OPTION to

Edit: lol didn’t know someone necro boosted this post lmfao 

Edited by (PSN)RB3-Reloaded