The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Caliban Should Utilise Sentient units more + New Augment Idea + More

(PSN)RB3-Reloaded

I was thinking with the large array of sentient units at in the game It would be cool to see different types of sentient units summoned during Calibans Lethal Progeny Ability and Not just simple Conculyst so here’s my suggestion an augment.

Augment Idea 

Parallel Progeny: The type of sentient units summoned by Lethal Prodigy is now affected by Power Strength and Now all 3 are summoned at once. Costs 100% more Energy

under 50% Strength Summons Vomvalyst

50% - 99% =  Brachiolyst

100% - 149% = Battalyst

150% - 199% = Aerolyst

200% and above strength = Symbilyst 

Lethal Progeny Cost 50 Energy at base for 1, so the augment doubles the energy cost for all 3 at 100 energy instead of individually summoning for 150 energy.

(The % needed to reach certain units will be shown in his ability tips screen or in the ability stats screen it will simply show what Unit you are summoning at your current strength)

QOL Suggested By @Venefik : Allow the ability to be refreshed even when all 3 Sentients are active and when so half the energy cost, shorten the animation and refresh duration the duration. (Like Nekros Does with Shadows)

•Remove player collision from these units and the players it’s very unnecessary and can prevent us from quickly escaping through doors ect.

•Please Make the Fallout from Fusion Strike More visible and also match the energy colours we have equipped

•Add a Synergy Between Sentient Wrath where every Enemy Killed under the affects of Sentient wrath increases the Sentients level by 2 levels up to a cap of 150 or 200. It refreshes back to base when the ability ends without being refreshed.

•Add a Synergy between Fusion Strike and Lethal Progeny where standing in the fallout recovers the summoned Lethal Progeny sentient units health by a % each second

Edited by (PSN)RB3-Reloaded
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Pretty cool idea, as long as the large sentients were scaled down.  Although it's funny to imagine DE doing something like this and not making any practical improvements to his kit. 

Maybe it'll be his first augment! lololo...

Yh especially the Aerolyst but honestly idk there’s something cool about summoning 3 bad*ss Symbilyst to come fight the exact size they are LMAO

As for calliban getting improvements the only one I see is removing his first ability and giving him something actually useful I personally put Reave on him it essentially does the same thing but better 😭

I wouldn’t even know where to begin with buffing him honestly but hopefully he gets something before being forever stuck in the gulag like Limbo & Hydroid

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2023-08-03 at 7:47 PM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Could be an augment where you get to pick which ones you want in modding screen, where each would have a different "cost", where you could only get one of the strongest ones, but plenty of the weakest ones, with matching energy costs.

Yh but the main point of the ability is actually the Shield Regeneration I think and each unit summoned it’s own cast list of units is essentially casting lots and wasting energy.

The option of choosing what type of units spawn would be nice but other than another annoying cycle ability or an emissive colour thing like Chroma idk how they’d do it besides just giving us stronger ones depending on strength innately

I would say holding the ability for certain time should allow you choose but then we run into the same problem as the first but instead of energy it’s time.

We've never really been able to choose these kinds things from the modding screen lol how would it work & could you explain?

Since the ability is so expensive, I think it could work in a more simplistic, if still expensive way:

First cast is a Conculyst and just part of shield regen. Second cast calls a Battalyst, refreshes the duration of the Conculyst and grants increased regen. With the final cast, refreshes the other two and calls an Ortholyst, and maxes the shield regen. With all sentients, recast to refresh their duration and fully heal them, at a reduced cost of 50 energy.

The full heal doesnt sound very useful but it can be on higher levels. The third sentient could also be a Summulyst, but then Caliban would have 6 sentients instead of 3 (Summulysts are summoner sentients that conjure up a trio of Choralysts, which are lesser sentients).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Venefik said:

Since the ability is so expensive, I think it could work in a more simplistic, if still expensive way:

First cast is a Conculyst and just part of shield regen. Second cast calls a Battalyst, refreshes the duration of the Conculyst and grants increased regen. With the final cast, refreshes the other two and calls an Ortholyst, and maxes the shield regen. With all sentients, recast to refresh their duration and fully heal them, at a reduced cost of 50 energy.

I feel like the whole point would be to avoid casting the ability 3 times for 50 energy each.

Also that “reduced cost of 50 energy” would mean every cast while all sentients are active would be free at base efficiency so it’s better if you talked about it as a % instead.

The Idea of healing them doesn’t sound very useful for the ability energy cost as they are extremely durable even in SP but hey man whatever floats your boat. Maybe a different way of healing them a free synergy maybe

5 hours ago, (PSN)RB3-Reloaded said:

Also that “reduced cost of 50 energy” would mean every cast while all sentients are active would be free at base efficiency so it’s better if you talked about it as a % instead.

The reduced cost refers to the resulting efficiency of keeping them up at all times. It's 150 for all of them, but if you keep them up that would be only 50 energy for all three of them by refreshing. I meant to say that doing so would give you a reduced total cost, and not that it would cost 50 less energy on cast lol.

The Idea of healing them doesn’t sound very useful for the ability energy cost as they are extremely durable even in SP but hey man whatever floats your boat. Maybe a different way of healing them a free synergy maybe

The healing need isn't resulting of just enemy damage. Nullification can hurt them regardless of level and since my suggestion would enable you to keep them 'forever', at one point chip damage would get the best of them. There is also the circuit where things can scale really fast so it might have some use cases where damage will just simply hurt them. I'm not sure how vampire eximus interact with npcs, but that could also maybe hurt them? I'm not sure but these seem to deal some max or current health damage.

I feel like the whole point would be to avoid casting the ability 3 times for 50 energy each

Being able to refresh the durations means less time casting and, as previously stated, less total cost.

Edited by Venefik
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-09-15 at 4:33 AM, Venefik said:

The reduced cost refers to the resulting efficiency of keeping them up at all times. It's 150 for all of them, but if you keep them up that would be only 50 energy for all three of them by refreshing. I meant to say that doing so would give you a reduced total cost, and not that it would cost 50 less energy on cast lol

Actually after using him as my main for a week I completely agree with you  on this and I’ll be adding this to the OG it’d be a good QOL for him

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2023-12-29 at 12:25 AM, RB3_Reloaded said:

With the New Augments on the horizon praying Caliban gets his justice

AFAIK, he isn't.

Citrine's supposedly getting one, though.

Gyre, Styanax, Voruna, Citrine - all frames that have released after him that will have augments before him. Heck, if the leaks are to be believed, Loki is getting a third Decoy augment.

It has to be deliberate at this point. I think DE realizes that, unlike Gyre, one augment is not going to be enough to fix him. His 1 needs to be catapulted into the sun, his 2 needs major work (why does this not have animation priority over status procs?), his 3 is just okay because they don't do what you want them to do most of the time (give you shields) and they're f***ing expensive (also relying on AI having the pitfalls it always does), and his 4 is supposed to vacuum enemies, but seems to have a misplaced decimal point somewhere because it moves enemies maybe like a foot towards the cast point, but more importantly it's been bugged since release and the fallout zone doesn't render in the game world if Caliban is a client.

This dude isn't getting help until his prime which, uh, is about two years away at this point?

Poor Caliban. I know it's heresy to say, but I could have my way, I'd honestly want a rework for him before Inaros. His kit is just so bugged and so poorly implemented and incohesive that it's actually kind of perfect for his in-universe status as being a hodge-podge f***ing mess stitched together. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

AFAIK, he isn't.

Citrine's supposedly getting one, though.

What's your source of info for that?

As much as I like to joke about whether he gets his prime or an augment first, I'll be surprised if he doesn't get one in the next batch, whenever that is.  Though I suppose Sevagoth waited 27 months, and it's been a mere 25 for Caliban!

Anyway, the real question for me is whether he actually gets a good augment or something that makes me...

Frustrated Come On GIF by Saturday Night Live

"Sentient Underwhelm:  Lethal Progeny can now be moved through and no longer block fire by friendly units."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

What's your source of info for that?

Thread on reddit was asking how someone predicted Primed Redirection, and the topic of datamining came up.

Thread has supposed details on the augments. Take with a grain of salt, but the poster listing them has cred, and they look pretty legit.

Reading further into newer posts, Apparently there ARE textures for a 'CalibanDeluxe,' so maybe Cal might be getting a touch-up sooner than thought if it's true and DE remembers that he exists.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Thread on reddit was asking how someone predicted Primed Redirection, and the topic of datamining came up

Super helpful, thanks.  Also, sad.  But a deluxe implies DE hasn't  completely forgotten he's a frame, at least.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 1:15 AM, ShogunGunshow said:

It has to be deliberate at this point. I think DE realizes that, unlike Gyre, one augment is not going to be enough to fix him.

Yh I think You’re right cus he definitely a little bland and incomplete compared to the frames that came before and after him like gyre and citrine…

Honestly if his summons were more powerful sentient units like symbolist and were able to be recasted to trigger shield regeneration that would already go a long way for him and his sentient concept.

Furthermore if he actually had some kind of unique gimmick and his 4th ability had damage scaling

• 1 month later...

Honestly forget the Power Strength I just wanna be able to summon decent Sentients who don’t have to rely on melee range?

Just let me summon symbolist DE cmonnnnnnnn even if it’s just 2 idk idk I’m bargaining here

I’ll take anything that isn’t a Conculyst or a Brachiolyst lol. Imagine if he could summon battalysts and could refresh their durations. I’d become a Caliban main in a blink.

• Like 2

I have two jigsaw pieces in Caliban, and he's become my go-to for hunting Corpus Liches, and the largest thought I have towards him is:

• "I am surprised there is no cycling or option to choose a type of robot to summon, to provide a choice of buff."

be it a mild damage boost, an improved status-chance boost, or even an elusive 'mild Energy return boost'.

The benefit to summoning three Sentients is improved shield recharge and the usual business of more targets to draw fire and deal out minor damage.

I was a bit surprised that there wasn't much more to them than that.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 11:21 PM, RPColten said:

be it a mild damage boost, an improved status-chance boost, or even an elusive 'mild Energy return boost'.

The benefit to summoning three Sentients is improved shield recharge and the usual business of more

Honestly This is a pretty neat Idea but honestly when thinking what kinda buffs he should get I do wonder what would work best with his theme of both sentient and his mechanic of being mostly a shield based frame.

Honestly I just dk tbh

Would be nice if Caliban could cycle between different sentients and choose which to summon. Aerolyst(healer), Battalyst(ranged dps), Conculyst(melee dps), Ortholyst(stationary turret until engaged at melee range). Let them scale with enemy level and caliban can have 4 max total of these summoned. Summoning a new one despawns the oldest one. Has 4 icon slots in bottom right of the screen to show currently summoned ones and their health.

His 1 needs 50% slash status chance not just 10% since the slash proc will only have the ability's 500 damage to scale from.