The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does Puncture's crit bonus work exactly?

Tiltskillet

Question

This is what is documented:

Increases Critical Chance threshold on enemy by 5% per Stack, to a maximum of 25% at 5 Stacks. This is additive after mods, not before. Does not apply to Abilities or AOE damage. 

In practice I haven't figured out how this is working. It's not additive with standard crit mods, nor is it flat crit after mods. Telos Boltor, 30% base CC, no Vigilante set bonuses, after 5 puncture stacks...

173.8% CC: Mostly orange, a few red, zero yellow.

72.6% CC: Mostly yellow, a few orange, zero non crits.

67.5% CC: Nearly all yellow, no orange. Very, very few non-crits. Definitely fewer than there should be if it were working out to 92.5% CC, let alone 75%.

That's all the testing I've done so far.  Am I missing something obvious?  Any ideas?

2 answers to this question

I think you're doing something wrong. And I think the "advanced damage numbers" are hiding your non-crits.

In my testing it seems to provide 25% flat crit.

To elaborate, with this setup I get only yellow crits (maybe a non-crit sneaks in among the status ticks every now and then):

pWp9wGQ.png

And with this setup I get very few orange crits among the yellows:

YNO5SsV.png

Exactly what I would expect from 25% flat crit.

And if you're asking me what you might be doing wrong, I'd guess vigilante mods on your sentinel's weapon.

21 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I think you're doing something wrong. And I think the "advanced damage numbers" are hiding your non-crits.

In my testing it seems to provide 25% flat crit.

"Doing something wrong" is always a plausible explanation in my testing. In this case  I might have been using Styanax, which isn't normally a test frame.  So his passive would have screwed up the top end.

Crit damage numbers obscuring whites explains the other end.  That's going to be annoying for testing.  Hopefully switching to Legacy fixes it.

I'll redo these tests later.  Thanks for the help.

Archived