Echoes of Duviri: Known Issues ×

Circuit is dying

Cerikus

Only 4 more weeks and Circuit is dead. 

I personally enjoy Circuit very much. For me it's the best gamemode this game currently has, but in 4 weeks many players will reach the moment, when they will have obtained all adapters. At that point Circuit player count will decrease drastically. Please DE, don't let this happen.

We need an evergreen track that is not diluted by Duviri stuff and doesn't have incarnon adapters.

• Like 20

1. I am not inherently against evergreen rewards being added to Circuit, or some sort of system to deal with 'redundant' rewards (up to players discretion, as some may wish to put Incarnon Genesis Adapters in every variant, where as many will not). That would be quite nice to me. 

2. In 4 weeks I won't have every Incarnon. I assume there will be many many Warframe players who will not. Whether its because in past weeks we skipped weeks, or only got to the first reward, and so on. From what I know, most players who do play Warframe, generally tend to take breaks periodically. I myself have been playing pretty diligently, but there were a few weeks where I didn't get to rank 10. I still need to get a few weapons, and its more convenient when they are in the rank 5 reward as opposed to the rank 10. Not all players always get the rewards as soon as possible. 

3. I'll probably still play a bit of Circuit past that, until I at least have all the Arcanes from Duviri. Potentially if I roll a 3 Day booster as a reward (and a few other rewards), those can be quite nice. 

4. We are getting Tennocon soon, they might have more info on potential additions, maybe. Basically I think its too soon to call. I do think the mode will eventually become less populated because for many the Adapters are the main draw, but eh, I don't think the decline will be as sharp or sudden as some theorise because of above, nor am I, as earlier mentioned, against ideas or changes to try and alleviate that issue (such as evergreen rewards). Though since we are getting Tennocon soon, I also wouldn't be that bothered if we don't get anything. I don't really play ESO or Exploiter Orb often, don't need to, not interested, but they are still there. I'd probably play Circuit more than those two, but its also nice to not have to do something just for the reward necessarily. 

• Like 2

As expected.

While I like the idea of Circuit and enjoy playing it solo, Warframe is a coop game so playing it solo doesn't sit right with me, but I can't play Circuit with people due to the various bugs that don't plague me when I'm alone, as well as the fact that most people are not ready for SP Circuit, refuse to acknowledge that and expect other to carry them.

• Like 3

Yeah, since farming arcanes is faster and more reliable in Duviri experience there is no incentive for me to do SP Circuit once I got all the adapters. Since I like piling resources more than I like playing Circuit.

SP Circuit is till my favourite game mode though.

• Like 3

I really want DE to add a reason to replay the circuit. No idea why they refuse to make it relevant and meaningful content. Evergreen rewards is needed for it especially for those who enjoy the circuit(well at least most of it).

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 4

good riddance. screw that rng mode. You can taste the rng bias on weapon choices if you own most weps. you just keep seeing the same handful of things you dont own or the worst of the ones you do own. Time wasting vomit

• Like 19

3 hours ago, Redrigoth said:

good riddance. screw that rng mode. You can taste the rng bias on weapon choices if you own most weps. you just keep seeing the same handful of things you dont own or the worst of the ones you do own. Time wasting vomit

1 hour ago, AlphaLegionXX said:

It was dead on arrival like the rest of Duviri, going from Zari to this was such a down grade.

I respect your opinion, but this thread is about giving players who enjoy Circuit a reason to play it after the rewards become irrelevant.

Unless you have anything to contribute to that topic, keep your subjective outburst to yourselves. Thank you :)

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Only 4 more weeks and Circuit is dead.

...for extremely dedicated players who only engage with it for the incarnon adapters.  To be sure, I'm totally in favor of adding more evergreen items to chase in the Circuit.  It's not perfect, but it is refreshing and usually very fun.  But I don't think it's accurate to say it's going to be dead in 4 weeks.

And there's still the week 7 weapons.  Or did you buy all of them with plat?

Clickbait forum thread titles aside, yes, throw in some evergreen options.  At minimum, each week should have another choice added to it that fills in for rank 5 and rank 10.  Arcanes, a bundle of riven transmuters, riven slivers, archon shards, etc.  Stock.  Yeah, stock would be nice.  Would built forma be out of the question?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I am not inherently against evergreen rewards being added to Circuit, or some sort of system to deal with 'redundant' rewards (up to players discretion, as some may wish to put Incarnon Genesis Adapters in every variant, where as many will not). That would be quite nice to me. 

Just let us pick from ANY of the currently available ones.

• Still 2 per week. Same progress is made overall.
  • Removes the extra redundant "6th" option from each week using the current system.
  • Let's people pick the ones they want.
  • Gives DE the excuse to make all of them Platinum Purchases.
    • Also, let's be real here. The only reason DE is doubling down on this current system we have is because changing it NOW would be "an upset to everyone earned it".
    • Which is a pathetic concept to go by, considering it's the same vain pride that keeps Hema at 50k Mutagen Samples AT IT'S CHEAPEST.
    • Nobody likes that, it will be a change for the better.
    • The Plat purchases help monetize the game. DE has to pay the bills somehow and that's more preferable than an inevitable Gacha route.
  • Gives the possibility of opening a few extra slots for bonus Pathos Clamps or other handy resources. 
    • This gives extra choices for people who already have all the adapters (like OP suggests) or just gives players a choice over Incarnons they don't like.

Nobody wants to wait 7 weeks for a full rotation. That's nearly 2 months, DE.
The original concept for time-gating was that players who have busy lives can rest assured they have content to do or something to that effect.

Well, I doubt Business McGee is going to appreciate missing his favorite weapon's Incarnon because his 7 day work schedule wouldn't budge.
So he has to wait 2 months for another chance.
That sounds obnoxious, because it is.

Frequent players aren't finding it that much better.

13 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I'll probably still play a bit of Circuit past that, until I at least have all the Arcanes from Duviri. Potentially if I roll a 3 Day booster as a reward (and a few other rewards), those can be quite nice. 

I'd grind it a bit more if they stopped putting Endo/Credit caches in quite literally every drop table.

WE ARE IN STEEL PATH, WE DO NOT NEED MORE ENDO/CREDITS.
THERE IS A TIME AND A PLACE. 
SAID TIME AND PLACE IS "WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE GOING TO RATHUUM/INDEX" RESPECTIVELY.

But I mean, hey.
We don't work at DE, so what would we know?

13 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Warframe is a coop game so playing it solo doesn't sit right with me

Yeah, I feel the same way.
Unfortunately, we're so powercreeped to the sky that you can probably go make a sandwhich in Arbitrations using Revenant's Mesmer Skin.

... and as we get more power, so does the community get more toxic, braindead and volatile.
The key part of that is "braindead", because casuals love applauding themselves for next to no effort... and the vets have to deal with the new system being so watered down that it's boring as hell.

I was around when Self-Damage and Shield-Gating wasn't a thing. I can tell ya for certain, it wasn't NEARLY toxic as it is today.
Still bad, but nowhere CLOSE to now.

8 hours ago, Frendh said:

Yeah, since farming arcanes is faster and more reliable in Duviri experience

While we're at it?
Can we please have an answer as to why have only 3 Undercroft Portals to work with?
Genuinely why? It doesn't do anything useful, it's just another layer of obnoxious progression halting.

Is it to encourage players to try different teams?
To not get attached to one specific loadout?
Prevent them from abusing too many Decrees?

We are already playing the game where we exit Duviri and just reform the squad to do it again.
They already force us to use the same loadout unless we fully clear it.
Decrees are so busted that you only need like... 7 to curbstomp the portal area. Coincidentally the minimum requirement for entry.

I don't get it. What's the reason DE?

Resources like Kovnik, Ueymag and Yao Shrubs are also suffering this problem, albeit to a lesser degree.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

I really want DE to add a reason to replay the circuit.

I wanted DE to add like... at least 2 more missions to Kahl so we got something new to do.

That is to say "Good luck, if it's not the current system? It'll be fixed with a 2% chance in 3 years from now."

3 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Unless you have anything to contribute to that topic, keep your subjective outburst to yourselves. Thank you :)

Okay, let's be real here.

DE has a long track record of not listening to feedback for the longest time, only to "fix" it years down the line when we all called it "dead" because of them ignoring it.
Do you really think they're gonna do anything if there isn't a MASSIVE unison of voices telling them "DON'T DO THAT"?

And I mean unison too. Everybody saying the exact. same. thing. Verbatim.
Not "Oh, this could be nice..." or "Maybe we can add..."-- no. Actual "this or we leave" statements for 99% of the playerbase.

Look at Kahl, look at Railjack, look at Nightwave-- hell, even OPERATIONS! (Old events that usually dictated something huge? Yeah, those were cool.)
All forgotten for the most part. I think DE only added Corpus Railjack nodes because they had some checkbox to fill.

I don't like being this pessimistic, I really don't.
But even I have a point where the phrase "We are going to polish up the game" shouldn't be the only thing I want to hear from Tennocon AND NOTHING ELSE.
I'm genuinely worried that DE is going to announce their next 5 """big""" updates and it's gonna flop on every one of them. Bonus points if Soulframe ends up being a gargantuan disappointment too.

3 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I don't think it's accurate to say it's going to be dead in 4 weeks

No, Cerikus (OP) has a point.

Since a LOT of players will be done their Incarnons, a large chunk of players are gonna be avoiding the Circuit. Especially with Jackal being a thing now.
With lower traffic? There'll be even less people doing Circuit. That won't fully kill it, but it'll mean players will have a harder time find other players who...

A) Are capable of holding their own.
B) Willing to cooperate.
C) Are often going to be repeats. For better or for worse. (usually the latter)

Once that snowball starts? It'll get increasingly harder to stop unless DE makes it more meaningful.
Not that I realistically expect DE to recognize that, hence the MYRIAD of posts we have.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

...for extremely dedicated players who only engage with it for the incarnon adapters.  To be sure, I'm totally in favor of adding more evergreen items to chase in the Circuit.  It's not perfect, but it is refreshing and usually very fun.  But I don't think it's accurate to say it's going to be dead in 4 weeks.

And there's still the week 7 weapons.  Or did you buy all of them with plat?

Clickbait forum thread titles aside, yes, throw in some evergreen options.  At minimum, each week should have another choice added to it that fills in for rank 5 and rank 10.  Arcanes, a bundle of riven transmuters, riven slivers, archon shards, etc.  Stock.  Yeah, stock would be nice.  Would built forma be out of the question?

None of them are even worth buying, but I sure did buy them with plat, and it took me less time to farm that plat than actually playing the Circus

• Like 4

I will be having mixed reactions when the day comes ,

On one side i do enjoy the circuit ,

But once I have everything I need , I don't see myself going there again.

Then again , I do want all the arcanes so it's going to be a while for me to max out all of them.

And we already have evergreen rewards .... There are rivens and kuva right ?

27 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I will be having mixed reactions when the day comes ,

On one side i do enjoy the circuit ,

But once I have everything I need , I don't see myself going there again.

Then again , I do want all the arcanes so it's going to be a while for me to max out all of them.

And we already have evergreen rewards .... There are rivens and kuva right ?

It's one of the worst ways to farm kuva so no, that does not count. Nor does 4-5hr to reach tier 10 to receive 0-3 rivens. This is not how evergreen rewards work.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

It's one of the worst ways to farm kuva so no, that does not count. Nor does 4-5hr to reach tier 10 to receive 0-3 rivens. This is not how evergreen rewards work.

Definitely not worth the effort for kuva , but rivens i think is fair. Sometimes you get 2 rivens in the first 5 rounds. So you don't need to go all the way to tier 10.

Not to mention the arcanes themselves (granted most of them aren't that great but some are still worth it).

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Definitely not worth the effort for kuva , but rivens i think is fair. Sometimes you get 2 rivens in the first 5 rounds. So you don't need to go all the way to tier 10.

Not to mention the arcanes themselves (granted most of them aren't that great but some are still worth it).

It is an extremely inefficient and time wasting way to farm the arcanes. Sometimes you also get 0 rivens therefor it's not worth it for that as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AlphaLegionXX said:

going from Zari to this was such a down grade.

... and going to Zariman from 'good ol warframe' (looking at you void dash, looking at you fast, precise, responsive gameplay/operator-frame transition) was a downgrade itself. tbh it was the day warframe has become only a faint shadow of itself.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

It is an extremely inefficient and time wasting way to farm the arcanes. Sometimes you also get 0 rivens therefor it's not worth it for that as well.

I wouldn't call it inefficient if you are certain of what you are getting as compared to farming hours in hopes of RNG favoring you. You may choose to simply not do it if the rewards are not what you want. Like this week , there are 2 arcane reapers and blights  , thats excellent for me and will try to get those even if the rank 8, 9 and 10 rewards are not something i need.

• Like 1

I had proposed to at least have the option to not pick an Incarnon adapter at the beginning of the week, which would then be replaced by something else. Steel Essences, credits, kuva, formas, catalysts, umbra forma, idc.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Binket_ said:

Which is a pathetic concept to go by, considering it's the same vain pride that keeps Hema at 50k Mutagen Samples AT IT'S CHEAPEST

5k at its cheapest. Easy to farm in a squad. Not too long solo.

I don't have time to sink into Circuit. Hours upon hours just to get an upgrade for a weapon. 
I had 12 hours of game time in the last 2 weeks. defo not spend time that will be taken away on the next rotation if i don't reach milestone. I got 3 maybe for upgrades thouugh out the circuit adventure and it was not pleasent .

• Like 6

I and many others have made suggestions to make the circuit more meaningful, but I doubt we will be listened to.

It will be doomed as an aside and many will be forced to find dedicated groups once the long time users obtain all the Incarnon weapons they need or want.

Unfortunate, but they gave us a game mode with little incentive to continue playing it once we obtain all the adapters.

• Like 1

On 2023-08-07 at 12:11 PM, Cerikus said:

We need an evergreen track that is not diluted by Duviri stuff and doesn't have incarnon adapters.

Every "evergreen" stuff will be bad as well. IMHO trading is one sane option. Why? It engages both players:

- those who play Circuit

- those that want some stuffs (e.g. adapters)

First play given node and second buy or trade plat. Win win.

• Like 2