Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bleed Dot, Shields Can Bleed

Sophronius

Bleeding through shields is preposterous. Slash/Bleed DoT can be applied while shields are up. How often have you had Grineer apply bleed to you?

How is it that you can bleed while a shield (commonly of dense particles) is active?

Bleed ignores shields and takes from your health, like toxic ancient gas clouds. This would not be a problem if health were to drop from enemies, but it does not. In fact health is rare to find even in crates. Health orbs also only restore small quantities.

This makes it more important to have someone on your team which can heal you. This also however means that shields are not as important as health and armor. What if you are solo and don't have a healing aura/warframe?

Here is the question:

Should bleed DoT through shields be kept or changed?

Edited by Sophronius

From what i've seen, the bleed DoT's damage is pretty low, so it going through shields isn't a huge issue for me.

But the frequency of health pickups does need increasing.

In the meantime, grab some healing gear to help yourself out a bit until then.

Edited by MechNexus

Bleeding through shields is preposterous. Slash/Bleed DoT can be applied while shields are up. How often have you had Grineer apply bleed to you?

How is it that you can bleed while a shield (commonly of dense particles) is active?

Bleed ignores shields and takes from your health, like toxic ancient gas clouds. This would not be a problem if health were to drop from enemies, but it does not. In fact health is rare to find even in crates. Health orbs also only restore small quantities.

This makes it more important to have someone on your team which can heal you. This also however means that shields are not as important as health and armor. What if you are solo and don't have a healing aura/warframe?

Here is the question:

Should bleed DoT through shields be kept or changed?

Funny thing is that robots like the MOAs bleed too. 

I really think they should prevent bleed on players/enemies with their shields still up, sure the damage isn't that bad, but health isn't exactly that common, and it can actually wear you down quite a bit after a while. Plus it wouldn't effect players too much since slash damage is mainly used against the infested, who don't have shields anyway.

I find that bleeding is especially annoying on survivals and defenses where you eventually run out of containers to break. I am alright if bleeding works through shields as long as there are more consistent sources of health than life support modules and containers.

I find that bleeding is especially annoying on survivals and defenses where you eventually run out of containers to break. I am alright if bleeding works through shields as long as there are more consistent sources of health than life support modules and containers.

Loki, Trinity and Nekros says Hi.

I like the bleeding mechanics because it suddenly elevates support classes to nearly must have tier.

RD stops enemies from firing their guns = no bleeding.

Blessing = heals health damage.

Desecrate = poops out red orbs everywhere.

You know what happens when you run out of health?  You fall over and a teammate comes and picks you up, and you have full health again.  I think this is the most obvious answer - the only complaints left are either people with bad teammates (sorry, just bad luck, try joining a clan or playing with friends, or making friends out of the good/friendly players you come across), and solo players.

If you're soloing, you should just prepare yourself better.  There are multiple answers to the steady health drain: come up with a strategy that involves you never being hit (stealth run, radial disarm, various invulnerability skills, etc), use the immortality combo (rage + quick thinking), some method of healing (nekros, trinity, or team health restores), or just plain avoid more damage/leave earlier.  You're soloing, you aren't mean't to be a god, just a ninja.  Ninjas should be like boy scouts: always prepared.

I actually like the bleed effect, it allows mobs to wear you down so you need to have a long term plan past 'just keep shooting all of them'.  Heck it even makes those team health restores seem almost useful.

First up, I'm in favour of shields blocking physical harm, not for any mechanical reason, as a game mechanic it works fine and I'd say is even a good change. It just doesn't make any sense. If shields stop attacks from dealing physical harm, how are they inflicting bleeding wounds onto us?

I really think they should prevent bleed on players/enemies with their shields still up, sure the damage isn't that bad, but health isn't exactly that common, and it can actually wear you down quite a bit after a while. Plus it wouldn't effect players too much since slash damage is mainly used against the infested, who don't have shields anyway.

Son, have you even fought Grineer post U11? Grakatas do an even split of all damage types, thankfully they don't get impact stuns but they inflict the puncture and bleed effects pretty frequently. That goes for most bullet weapons actually.