The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gotva prime is disappointing

(PSN)Silver1593

Its just a normal rifle, i was hoping its will be like the aelolak but not even secondary fire mode?  And i waited for this like a child on christmas morning. Also i would be happy to see inaros get some attention too. The only good thing in this tennocon was the free operator suit but i dont use it

1 minute ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

300% crit chance... the more enemies the more crit chance top to 300%.

Can confirm. Definitely build for Crit chance and crit damage along with Puncture. With a couple of elemental + status mods, it has a medium chance of inflicting procs.

It's also pretty accurate with only a little recoil and spread.

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Silver1593 said:

Its just a normal rifle, i was hoping its will be like the aelolak but not even secondary fire mode?

This is what makes the Gotva Prime more interesting, while making cohesive to its lore description. The Gotva Prime acted as the predecessor to the Grakata, Gorgon, and other related Grineer bullet hose. Its reliability and simplicity (reflected by the performance of the gun in-game) led to the last resort by the Orokins to defend themselves from the Tenno betrayal.

As for the Aeolak, it's the Void-corrupted form of the Gotva Prime. It parallels to the Grineer Thraxes, turning into Void manifestations gaining Void powers. As much as how much praise it gets, we don't want to devolve to more Pyrana Prime syndrome. That is, the obsession of giving every new weapon a complex and interesting gimmick. The Incarnon Genesis shows proof of that.

27 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I mean, its meant to be an Orokin era standard issue Grineer rifle. I rather like it, actually. Not every weapon needs to be a silly gimmick.

Haven't used it much yet but that's what I liked about it so far. I like variation in my weapons, and after having so many unique weapons I often fall back to more normal guns.

Its alright. I actually kind of enjoy "normal regular" guns now and then. I enjoyed the weapon when I used it. Its solid and effective in Steel Path. The random Crit mechanic is... funny. 

That also being said, do understand why someone might be underwhelmed. Its not like this is one weapon in a small update, its the Tennocon weapon, and a new Prime. Also find it curious there is no Alt fire. 

The couple of times I've seen it, even in Steel Path, it was killing things well before I had the chance to react. I think it's doing okay. Like a lot of weapons and/or frames, it's all about how you use and mod it. I've seen some unlikely combos in my years of playing that ended up being total juggernauts.

3 hours ago, MirageKnight said:
3 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

300% crit chance... the more enemies the more crit chance top to 300%.

Can confirm. Definitely build for Crit chance and crit damage along with Puncture. With a couple of elemental + status mods, it has a medium chance of inflicting procs.

It's also pretty accurate with only a little recoil and spread.

Curious how yall tested this?  In the Sim at least, whether I spawn 20 enemies or one, 4 magazines worth of headshots remove the same amount from the health bar.  Build was  Crit Delay, Argon Scope, and Hammer Shot, which  takes L185 SP CHG Eximus down to the barest sliver of Overguard either way.

Can't rule out that it's bugged in the Sim or something else is going on though. 

hace 21 minutos, Tiltskillet dijo:

Curious how yall tested this?  In the Sim at least, whether I spawn 20 enemies or one, 4 magazines worth of headshots remove the same amount from the health bar.  Build was  Crit Delay, Argon Scope, and Hammer Shot, which  takes L185 SP CHG Eximus down to the barest sliver of Overguard either way.

Can't rule out that it's bugged in the Sim or something else is going on though. 

the damage of this wep its not good, that it.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Maybe we were just crazy, but a couple alliance members and I tried a few things to see if there is a trigger for the red crits. Punch through hitting multiple targets, consecutive kills, headshot kills. It doesn't feel like it's just a random chance. We didn't find anything useful however.

8 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

I missed the Tennocon live and therefore missed this gun, at least I haven't missed much it seems. Wish they release this gun in game ASAP.

Well I tuned in for at least 45 minutes and got nothing. I'm tired of padding twitch views for DE and getting nothing in return. They should've just made this a log in reward.

The free weapons are never super interesting or massively powerful, because they're available to literally everyone, from the eldest longform veteran to the newest log-in. They're usually fun gimmick weapons. In this case, the gimmick appears to be that it's normal given how many of the weapons recently have been off-the-wall weird, as well as a crit fishing gimmick.

8 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

at least I haven't missed much it seems.

Damn, the amount of people just trashing things before even testing it themselves

The Gotva is very good, the 300% Crit Chance with enemies is an interesting gimmick; I really, really want the alt fire from the Aeolak tho, I also like the Aeolak's look way more

9 hours ago, (PSN)Silver1593 said:

Its just a normal rifle, i was hoping its will be like the aelolak but not even secondary fire mode?  And i waited for this like a child on christmas morning. Also i would be happy to see inaros get some attention too. The only good thing in this tennocon was the free operator suit but i dont use it

Aeolak is the void altered version, Gotva Prime isn''t, therefore it makes perfect sense that Gotva prime behaves "normally". there's also the possibility that it was supposed to have originally been released before Angels of Zariman, as the Aeolak's description mentions how the rifle feels "familiar", implying you would already have used the Gotva Prime by then.

either way, I'm not gonna say no to a free prime weapon. I imagine it won't be too long before Baro brings it, as he does with all limited weapons. and yes, inaros needs a rework, hoping he's next on the block after Hydroid.

On 2023-08-27 at 11:16 AM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Its alright. I actually kind of enjoy "normal regular" guns now and then. I enjoyed the weapon when I used it. Its solid and effective in Steel Path. The random Crit mechanic is... funny. 

That also being said, do understand why someone might be underwhelmed. Its not like this is one weapon in a small update, its the Tennocon weapon, and a new Prime. Also find it curious there is no Alt fire. 

it has no alt fire bcuz grineer brains couldn't process hard stuff so orokin gave them gotva prime

On 2023-08-27 at 1:41 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

there's also the possibility that it was supposed to have originally been released before Angels of Zariman, as the Aeolak's description mentions how the rifle feels "familiar", implying you would already have used the Gotva Prime by then.

I think that's just because lore-wise, our operators already fought Grinners with them as shown in the intro video to the game, through admittedly this confirms DE already had the design set years ago:
94b647cf64.jpg

Archived