PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status. 

We want less stuff inflating the pack in general, we are there for the skins not regal aya. I understand that you likely can't change it because people already bought in, but this isn't really what we meant. 

Edited by Dioxety
  • Like 36

Better than nothing but the problem comes from paying for Aya (and plat) in the first place. It is understandable that you can't just undo the pack for people who bought it already, but this isn't alleviating concerns at all.

• Like 5

yeah this, kind of completely misses the biggest problem and that being the fomo element!

the skins themselves should be the value of what the people who bought them for, and the fact people already bought said skins should not be a deterrent from fixing this.

you say these skins should be unforgettable? well they sure are, for all the wrong reasons!

reminds me of that toxic "oh you should of been there" mentality that plagues way to many games these days

• Like 24

19 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Greetings, Tenno!

We’re back in action after TennoCon 2023 - and our number one priority is addressing the community’s reaction to the Heirloom Collection.

We missed the mark here and understand the feedback we're receiving because of it. After taking some time to review and evaluate our options based on the concerns, we have opted to increase the Platinum amounts in all Heirloom Packs. 

The Feedback we can address for the current Heirloom Collection:

“The value of the Packs does not justify the price point.”

Our Change to Address:

We are increasing Platinum to all Heirloom Packs to bring them alongside Prime Access standards:

• Increase Platinum in Risen Pack: 400 to 800
  • Add Platinum in Celestial Pack: 800
  • Increase Platinum in Zenith Pack: 600 to 2100

*The Platinum will be delivered via in-game Inbox to accounts that have already purchased the respective Packs. We are coordinating our efforts now to arrange the Inbox send, and Hotfix required. We will signal when the Inbox has been delivered on all Platforms.

Similar to how Regal Aya bundles launched with no Platinum and were met with strong feedback, we agree Heirloom Packs need more value to justify their status.  

This decision was made to address the feedback and maintain the expectations we had set for players upon the release of the Heirlooms (time exclusivity and Pack contents). In doing so, we are able to increase the value of pack contents in a way that does not remove any value for Tenno who have bought them. We do not feel it would be fair to those who purchased an Heirloom Collection already with the understanding that they were time-limited to now remove that element. Those who have purchased simply get more, and ultimately they are now a good Platinum deal with exclusive Cosmetics.

Heirloom Collections are intended to be unforgettable (for the right reasons) - we are also discussing ways we can better preserve that feeling of legacy, quality, and prestige for future Heirloom Collections (if we make more).

We truly appreciate your feedback and concerns and recognize the responsibility we have in ensuring that any new directions we take with cosmetic exclusives are done with much more careful consideration. The Heirlooms were designed with the celebratory nature of this year's TennoCon and 10-year anniversary, and it's on us to ensure that you, as a player, feel that we are upholding years of lessons learned when it comes to selling cosmetic exclusives. If we continue with this series, we are dedicated to ensuring all future Heirloom Collection releases have more purchase flexibility and reflect all feedback we received during this launch.

Thank you, Tenno!

So over looking the fact tencent is haveing you do the same scummy tactics as before to try and blind side players ...again and the fact the point of resurgence was made to allow equal access to ALL content in the game you now drop this garbage concept that go's ten steps back 😑 😒 the players wanted fairness not added Plat we wanted to be able to get individual skins at a fair price yet this is not so it's either pay 80 usd or basicly nothing 

• Like 19

As much as we appreciate the change in plat, what're you going to do with the price? If you remove the regal aya, that £60 price tag lowers down to £32. Plus, who even uses Regal aya anymore? If we wanted prime stuff, we'd just farm relics or buy them from other players from the trade chat.

• Like 16

And still they moan... Unbelievable.

Thanks Devs this is appreciated by a lot more people than not, the pack was already worth it so this will be a nice bonus. You dont need to change or alter anything else. Just let the noisy kids who've never been told "no" before wear themselves out with their own tantrums. 

• Like 4

Literally nobody asked for more Platinum, majority of the complaints were about how the pack is bundled making you purchase Regal Aya along with the skins when for the majority of the people who have played for the past 10 years don't want it because they really don't need it.

Biggest complaint was not being able to buy the skins separately in a cheaper bundle(s), which you still did not address at all.

This is just bare minimum add-on which accomplishes nothing for more fair pricing of the bundle.

• Like 36

32 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Feedback we can address for the current Heirloom Collection:

“The value of the Packs does not justify the price point.”

Based on the language in this post, it sounds like you guys are planning to release more Heirloom skins? I understand that you cant really take away or alter the current packs since others have already bought them, short of adding to what they already paid for. HOWEVER, if there will be more Heirloom packs down the road, please take the community's feedback into consideration. If you want to make them seasonal FOMO skins, then at the very least make them purchasable with platinum. That has always been one of the major benefits of this game, is that, short of Prime Accessories and TennoGen, everything in the game was obtainable as a F2P player. Because of that model, I have been inclined to support DE over the years, and have probably spent over $1000 in the 9 years I've been playing. But if you begin to start adding more and more time gated, cash-only exclusives like this, it's going to make me want to support you all less and less. On top of making future packs purchasable with plat, PLEASE make the items individually purchasable. I LOVE both of the skins, but I almost never play Mag. Frost I use enough to justify getting that skin, but not at $90. I know you guys listened to us when we screamed about Regal Aya, and you changed it. Even if a lot of people including myself, aren't happy Regal Aya is a thing to begin with, it's at least in a tolerable state.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I want to believe that DE has learned from this mistake and won't try it again, because a third strike and I'm putting this game down for good.

Edited by BAY35
  • Like 25

Pretty much expected this. The skins shouldn't be time exclusive, though. And it would be nice to buy them separately. People complained about not being able to buy stuff separately with the prime vault as well. Apparently, there were lessons learned, but now we have to go through this again.

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

I cannot justify fully agreeing with this outlook, because they are not selling power. It's just a supporter cosmetics pack. Just look at how Path of Exile does this. It's pretty much similar and nobody is complaining within PoE community.

If I played PoE and they did this, I'd complain.

• Like 18

Just now, Zelorii said:

As much as we appreciate the change in plat, what're you going to do with the price? If you remove the regal aya, that £60 price tag lowers down to £32. Plus, who even uses Regal aya anymore? If we wanted prime stuff, we'd just farm relics or buy them from other players from the trade chat.

Prime accesories mainly (in my case)

• Like 2

hace 8 minutos, IggySnow dijo:

The biggest concern most people have is not being able to purchase the skins separately. Where if you want one skin you are forced to buy both.

This is a lesson you guys were SUPPOSED to have learned a long time ago when you used to sell vaulted prime gear as a bundle, and were (rightfully) chewed out by Stephanie Sterling (previously Jim Sterling).

They know, tencent not.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't mind the FOMO aspect that much, we've had FOMOsmetics before.

But what does this change solve exactly? The main issue I've seen people complain about is the pack structure: The inability to purchase the individual packs (skin+cosmetics for each frame) and the addition of the Aya which inflates the value of the pack without adding actual value for many people who already got all of Vazria's offerings they cared about all mean that, unless you love both frames and have stuff you want to buy from Vazria, the pack is super expensive for very little useful stuff and a bunch of useless bloat. And your solution is to just... makes the bloat more valuable?

It's like re-painting an ugly old statue that blocks the road without movining it to the side. Sure, it may not be as much of an eyesoar, but the main issue was that it blocked the road!

• Like 14

The plat and aya being included in the bundles was one of the main issues many (who neither need nor want either) had with the bundle.

I could have spent $90 to get one skin set I want, one skin set I don't care about, and some plat and aya I neither want nor need.

Now I can spend $90 to get one skin set I want, one skin set I don't care about, and some aya and EVEN MORE PLAT I neither want nor need.

Though I understand the idea of not devaluing somethings others have already bought, I feel these changes really miss the point?

• Like 25

Couldn't you at least separate the bundle? Or make a separate version without all the platinum and regal aya etc that's inflating the price? People want more options instead of being forced to buy the current overpriced version. Trying to retroactively add more platinum to the bundles doesn't fix that problem.

People who already bought the bundle wouldn't be burned if you could say, buy half the bundle for half the price if you just wanted the Frost skin or something. Or less than half the price if it doesn't come with all the fluff. Please consider adding more options.

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, oceano4 said:

And what about us vets who want the skins but regal Aya is literally useless if we own all previous prime stuff already?
We're spending money on nothing then.

I mean. The first start would be people not being hella aggro for something that has literal months to change? People getting aggressive towards the devs for putting out something for a "10 year supporter" pack and missing a certain audience of people. While the packs FOMO tactic isn't really able to be justified. Neither is people tryna rip the devs limb from limb within days of it being released. Give em time. You've spent enough time on the game as is, surely a week or so isn't that much.

when you told us you would no longer make deluxe skins time-limited, returned all time-limited deluxe collections we the community cheered on you - we didn't get mad about that it's no longer exclusive.
because we agreed with you that it was bad business long-term to lock away the skins, it was bad towards the customers to use FOMO & i never saw a single person mad because "oh my rhino palatine skin is now going to be available to everyone who wants it, instead of just the few who had money during those specific months". you're making a strawman you can appease.

but it's clear that our feedback no longer hold weight so i'll just keep 'voting with my wallet' by not supporting these hostile business practices. really unfortunate. while i want things in the bundle, i wouldn't buy the bundle even if you put 30 regal aya & 4000 plat in it & kept it at the 83eur/90usd price.

Edited by Navarc
  • Like 33

The issue isn't a lack of non-exclusive currency to try to justify the absurd price.

The issue is that the packs are arbitrarily inflated by using said non-exclusive currencies, forcing anyone who cares about the skins and other exclusives - which, let's be real, is the main reason the vast majority would buy the packs - to spend more money than a triple A game costs on 2 skins and a bunch of stuff they didn't want nor ask for.

If i just want the Frost skin, i shouldn't be forced to spend 60€+ because you are forcing me to purchase large amounts of Regal Aya and Platinum alongside both of the skins. Even forcing you to get either both skins or neither wouldn't be a huge deal, but this sort of arbitrary price inflation combined with FOMO is where it steps over a very clear line. At least with Prime Access accessories you know that they come back eventually for cheaper, while this is marketed as completely exclusive, so either dig deep into your wallet or get screwed, i guess.

• Like 27

You need to make these not time-limited and offer refunds to people who bought it just for the exclusivity.

As long as the fomo aspect is in there, these are still incredibly manipulative, and unfair to anyone that, you know, can't afford to throw $90 at cosmetics during a time when the economy is in the toilet and we're paying more for everything.

• Like 34

hace 4 minutos, Cerikus dijo:

Lol, lmao even. This is the worst take possible.

Warframe is a F2P game that frequently releases updates that are comparable to AAA titles in scale and quality. The game has 10 years of content for you to enjoy completely free with one of the fairest f2p systems on the gaming market. Are you saying that this game cannot sell bundles for people who want to support future development of this game with a AAA price tag? 

Wake up.

I have enjoyed all of what the game has to offer. I have supported it by buying platinum, bundles and tennogen. I never said they can't sell bundles, so please stop putting words in other people's mouths. I clearly stated my opinion that i would rather use my money elsewhere than on the heirloom packs.

• Like 35