The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda modding

(XBOX)Hellsteeth30

Question

14 answers to this question

In my opinion, only if you are doing a build with breach surge subsumed, otherwise maybe not.
You have to think if a faster 4 cast is worth the mod slot.
If you feel that ability is too slow I would recommend you try its augment Blending Talons first. Briefly, this makes the ability a quick explosion around Garuda when you tap, while retaining its normal channel if you choose to hold, scales with range and helps build combo counter.
Up to you but casting speed will never do "more harm than good", if a faster 4 cast is comfy to you, please go with it!

11 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

4 has pretty long cast. Cast speed also increases the area of effect of that ability due to charging mechanics.

• Range, minimum and maximum charge sizes, and the number of projectiles are not affected by mods.
  • Targeting expansion and cast animation are affected by casting speed mods from Mod TT 20px Natural Talent and Mod TT 20px Speed Drift.

The way you phrased that makes it sound as if the AoE at max charge is increased,
yet the very thing you quoted says Mods don't affect the AoE, you simply reach max charge faster.

3 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

The way you phrased that makes it sound as if the AoE at max charge is increased,

Because it is. The range doesnt change but the radius increases. My wording: " increases the area of effect of that ability due to charging mechanics" is correct.

5 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

yet the very thing you quoted says Mods don't affect the AoE, you simply reach max charge faster.

A lot faster. 

25° (min charge size) 1s w/o NT, 0.66s with NT
95° (max charge size) 3,5s w/e NT, 2,33 with NT

Here is a link to some guy old TC topic on reddit regarding this ability:

I've put one (or is it 2 ?) casting speed Archon Shard on her and... that's great actually. On her 4 obviously to reach the max range more quickly, but even the faster casts of 1-2 helps for surviving if you need. Less noticeable, shorter downtime when you cast her 3 helps not dying as well (even if it's sub-second range)

On 2023-09-07 at 4:04 PM, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

Just a quicky, Natural Talent yes or no?

A lot of builds seem to suggest yes, but she gets i-frames on her casts now of course. 

I'm not completely up on game mechanics yet, so not sure if it'd do more harm than good.

I would give it a yes, Natural Talent is a great alternative to the yellow shards for Casting Speed. She’s one of the slowest frames in the game without Natural Talent so in higher level scenarios, that slowness would get you killed.

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

You can buy Archon Shards from Chipper.

Also, bring a (tanky) support Frame to Archon Hunts and you should make it through them easily enough with a decent Squad.

Yeah, not doing those missions.  New War was quite enough 'not Warframe' for me.

Guess I could tweak Revenant, have his Mesmer aug.

Archived