The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Echoes of Duviri: Hotfix 33.6.9

[DE]Danielle

15 minutes ago, Bossman252621 said:

As far as I'm aware, sliding heavy attacks have been possible to perform midair years. It can seem a bit clunky at first, but it's not that difficult.

Combo multiplier affects contagion even without heavy attacks.

oh, yeah, nah, it's super easy to do, slide mid-air while aim gliding and heavy attack.

4 hours ago, Megazawr said:

exalts being unmodded in duviri(and even if that's not a bug, that's a very bad feature that isn't explained anywhere).

Exalted weapons DO carry over, however it will not if it is for a frame you do not own. My excal and Mesa builds carry over - and I am positive about this because I run very specific builds (like Toxin on regulators so I get corrosive thru Archon continuity)

I have noticed on things like Titania (which I do not own) the exalted weapons were unmodded and did pitiful damage.

3 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

I play Mag, Mirage and to a lesser extent Mesa. I play them for a couple of years now and never ever had their abilities lock up or something.
Ash's 4 showing wrong numbers, who cares as long everything dies?
Yeah, the operator thing is annoying against Jackal in Circuit, but honestly, never before did I encounter this.
Yareli bugs... you mean Merulina? Becuase I am not aware of other bugs that happen often. Granted, I don't play her much.
Never had Kahl getting stuck either.

So you honestly suggest that they fix a 1 in 10.000 bug and leave all pressing matters and content development aside? I don't understand you guys. These are all very, very rare and not gamebreaking bugs. It is not like your inventory is empty somehow or you lose more than 5 minutes progress.

I admire your persistence though, but please put it in things that actually matter.

you don't get to say "oh I don't see it so it's 1 in 10,000" these are all long standing bugs, and sweeping them under the rug is disgusting.

Next time don't #*!%ing type if you don't know what you're talking about. Yareli Merulina bugs are still present and they still impact gameplay.

hace 5 horas, [DE]Danielle dijo:

In this Hotfix, we’ve specifically removed the interaction that buffed its damage, as heavy attacking mid-air is not possible otherwise. We understand that this was a popular combination due to its ability to land wild damage numbers, but it was dependent on a movement animation bug and went beyond the original design for the Arcane. 

Oh actually this doesn't make sense at all for 3 reasons:

1. It is still possible to do Heavy Attacks in the air. In that case wouldn't it be better to fix the melees so that they can't do that in the first place?
  2. It still gives me the Critical Bonus of doing a Heavy Attack. I mean, you're telling me that you didn't remove the possibility of interaction, you only removed the damage that Zaw increased because it was a Heavy Attack. Because? What is the reason for not removing the ability to make Heavy Attacks in the Air if it is supposed to be a bug?
  3. And the third and most important point: SO MANY YEARS AND WAS NOT SOMETHING INTENTIONAL? DOES IT REALLY TAKE YEARS TO FIX A BUG SO RECOGNIZED BY THE COMMUNITY? From my point of view, if you leave something like this for so many years and the community rubs it in the Developers' faces so much, it means that it is intentional. Not that it was a Bug.

Please remove that "fix" that your team has put in, it makes no sense at all. Do they want us not to use that mechanic because doing Heavy Attacks in the air is a bug? Then fix that bug so it's not possible to do Heavy Attacks in the Air in the first place.

Although on the other hand, was it a bug? I mean, doing Heavy Attacks in the Air seems like a very good mechanic in the game, I often used it in No-Zaw melees. Why after so many years are they now treating it like a bug?

You guys are incredible, seriously. Sometimes it seems like you are going 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

This is one of the many reasons why I would really like them to give themselves a little break from putting in big content, so they can fix the game. This way at least we will know if Bullet Jump is a mechanic or a bug. lol.

If this is posed as a nerf, then don't treat it as a bug. In fact, I wouldn't have any complaints if you told me "this is a nerf because blabla". Instead of telling me that the whole mechanic of doing Heavy Attack in the Air is a bug.

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed being able to buff Exodia Contagion's projectile damage with heavy attack multiplier by performing a series of specific parkour movements.

• The movements in question allowed for heavy attacks to be performed mid-air instead of triggering the intended ground slam, which then caused the Heavy Attack damage multiplier to be applied to the projectile. In this Hotfix, we’ve specifically removed the interaction that buffed its damage, as heavy attacking mid-air is not possible otherwise. We understand that this was a popular combination due to its ability to land wild damage numbers, but it was dependent on a movement animation bug and went beyond the original design for the Arcane.

Ain't no way you're gonna say air heavys are unintended when they've been in the game since heavys have been 😂

3 hours ago, Rigtis said:

You may be referring to heavy slams, which are normally mistaken as "mid-air heavy attacks" when they are different things, even on the stats screen. Heavy mid-air is not possible, as the devs have clarified many times but some people still cannot process as such. This is why you had to do all kind of circus maneuvers to trigger the bug. The projectile is intended only for Aim Gliding melee, no matter how many years it was broken.

Bugs must be fixed, no exceptions.

Bugs must be fixed, meanwhile DE claimed it to be an ANIMATION BUG, and yet the animation remains, just the part where the "heavy attack" mods no longer take affect. This is the same as saying "due to an animation bug with the way rifles point at enemies, we've removed hunter munitions applying to orange or higher tiered crits" and then proceed to keep everything the same, except hunter munitions wont procc on orange and red crits. I don't think players care what the "original intended design" is, if I buy a hammer to open soup cans, that's my business

6 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixes:

• Fixed Latron Prime’s Incarnon Mode not benefitting from the Double Tap Mod. 

The direct hit damage still does not benefit from Double Tap. That said, I am glad the AoE does, thank you.

Further, the buff snapshots when swapping forms, restoring when you swap back, even if the value is lower. For example, stack normal form so the buff shows 140%, swap to incarnon and stack to 500%, then if you swap back, you lose the 500%, and get set back to 140%. If you then swap back to incarnon, you go back to 500%.
Note: This requires mods so that reload speed is faster than the Double Tap decay time

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixes:

• Fixed Latron Prime’s Incarnon Mode not benefitting from the Double Tap Mod.

Half of it is working now. See this video:

See the number 250 with the little hammer symbol consistently showing? You can see it all the same at 200% Double Tap and all the way to 500%, never changing.

That's the projectile (as opposed to the explosion), it's easy to distinguish since it has a forced Impact proc - there is no Impact damage anywhere on the weapon. So as you can clearly see, the main projectile is still not benefitting from the mod Double Tap. You're getting there though, keep trying please!

8 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Echoes of Duviri: Hotfix 33.6.9

• Fixed being able to buff Exodia Contagion's projectile damage with heavy attack multiplier by performing a series of specific parkour movements.
    • The movements in question allowed for heavy attacks to be performed mid-air instead of triggering the intended ground slam, which then caused the Heavy Attack damage multiplier to be applied to the projectile. In this Hotfix, we’ve specifically removed the interaction that buffed its damage, as heavy attacking mid-air is not possible otherwise. We understand that this was a popular combination due to its ability to land wild damage numbers, but it was dependent on a movement animation bug and went beyond the original design for the Arcane. 

It's understandable why this was removed, but it's unfortunate. I like using Heavy Attacks in the air (as Zephyr) without doing a Heavy Slam and Air sliding was the only way to do that. Contagion was great for having a different outlet for Heavy Attack Builds, and having alternate outlets for Heavy Attacks is something I think should be reserved and could be implemented/improved in the future. For aerial heavy enjoyers like myself, would it be too much to let a normal Heavy Attack playout while airborne if we are Aim-gliding?

Thank you for the hotfix.

If at all possible, there are still some major issues persisting with Excalibur Umbra's passive, including Transference position, loss of ally and toggle buffs aside from Exalted Blade, and issues with the Naramon skill tree. I've included some in the Bug Report section.

In addition, Voruna's Ulfrun's Descent seems to not be properly adding the correct amount of Critical Damage to each additional kill damage bonus. Listed in Hotfix 32.2.4 patch notes, Voruna is supposed to receive a +0.5 crit damage multiplier on kill with Ulfrun's Descent. In Warframe's current build, this is only +0.1 damage multiplier increase per kill, and has been the case since the buffs to Ulfrun's Descent were implemented. I have included the patch notes in question here.

Please look into these if possible.

Are you ever going to make the "Zenith Heirloom Collection" at least made available for preview with diff color schemes before you buy? Also, are you ever going to make it purchasable individually or as a combo pack with platinum we already have instead? I don't need Regal Aya or more platinum.

hace 3 horas, Traumtulpe dijo:

Half of it is working now. See this video:

See the number 250 with the little hammer symbol consistently showing? You can see it all the same at 200% Double Tap and all the way to 500%, never changing.

That's the projectile (as opposed to the explosion), it's easy to distinguish since it has a forced Impact proc - there is no Impact damage anywhere on the weapon. So as you can clearly see, the main projectile is still not benefitting from the mod Double Tap. You're getting there though, keep trying please!

Look, I'll give you this link where they show that theoretically it was "fixed". That video shows that that is actually the way it should work. It's not that it's "half fixed." Or at least that's what it seems like. Apparently it only affects AoE damage instead of Direct or both. Something strange but considering the statistics it's not really a problem! (I think)

11 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed being able to buff Exodia Contagion's projectile damage with heavy attack multiplier by performing a series of specific parkour movements.

While fixing stuff the reequires performing a series of specific parkour movements, how about addressing the ability to shot your own sentinel with Ivara Cloak Arrow (subsumed or not) also cloaking the frame. Preferably before you rework Sentinels, because you will have perma Invis on every frame otherwise.

Archived