The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performing a series of specific Parkour Movements > Tapping a Button. Why Nerfing Exodia Contagion is a MISTAKE

Roble_Viejo

6 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Yes, The regular Attack is much easier to do but is also much weaker. It does less DMG than Kuva Bramma or Zarr.

Yeah it's also much more spammable with a wider blast radius and no need for ammo. Those downsides you speak of were not an accident. Pretty much any time you get a melee attack with an infinite ammo ranged attack, you're going to wind up with some big trade-offs compared to guns

5 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Went ahead and fixed your post formatting. Also:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arca_Titron

Glaives are extremely overrated.

Imagine suggesting glaives are overrated while linking Arca Titron.

Arca Titron is the poster child of jumping through hoops to get acceptable results while glaives function up to level cap by holding one button to throw and pressing another to detonate.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

DE said it themselves: This requires a Series of Specific Parkour Movements to pull off

While we are at it. How about disabling ability to shot your own sentinel with Ivara Cloak Arrow that also requires a Series of Specific Parkour Movements.

• Like 1

Suggesting simpler solutions is one thing (we can agree with you or disagree). However that's not QoL upgrade. QoL would make using Exodia contagion easier. Examples:

- any (1 per jump or something) aimglide attack causes shoot (no need for double/bullet but it's possible)

- being able to use heavies in the air (not heavy slams) just by pressing heavy attack and not facing downwards.

ANSWERING TO QUOTER BELOW BECAUSE THIS FORUM HAS YET ANOTHER BUG

6 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

6 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

So you're mad that DE took away an unintended method of making big damage, and left you with options that do more damage with less work.
And your argument was showing a video of exactly those simpler options.

So just use the simpler options and enjoy your QoL upgrade.

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:
8 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Yes, The regular Attack is much easier to do but is also much weaker. It does less DMG than Kuva Bramma or Zarr.

Yeah it's also much more spammable with a wider blast radius and no need for ammo. Those downsides you speak of were not an accident. Pretty much any time you get a melee attack with an infinite ammo ranged attack, you're going to wind up with some big trade-offs compared to guns

Sadly with some stuffs they go waaaaaay overboard. Exodia is already clunky. Having to do bullet/double jump is not always possible or wanted.

Not only with "infinite ammo" kind of thing. Voruna's hammer requires 8x combo for some 1 time suck. Come on. Even with Voruna, it becomes 5x combo. That's honestly not usable unless you keep combo... and the it's still meh.

Edited by quxier
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

Holy S#&$! That's some insanely hard stuff you need to do! Did you guys know how hard it is to press the Heavy attack button?!?

You have to glide/slide backwards while aiming forwards and you shoot a projectile that also has travel time. Just try it and see how easy it is for you to hit specific spots compare to nomal mid-air E. If you do not slide backwards you are risking performing heavy slam instead.

Edited by Zakkhar

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Sadly with some stuffs they go waaaaaay overboard. Exodia is already clunky. Having to do bullet/double jump is not always possible or wanted.

Second time I've seen this. And I don't want to just dismiss it as skill issue, I mean this sincerely:

Are you having trouble jumping in this game? I've never had trouble with space + space + E, tap tap tap and I shoot the projectile. But I'm not you, is your setup not convenient for that maneuver?

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Are you having trouble jumping in this game? I've never had trouble with space + space + E, tap tap tap and I shoot the projectile. But I'm not you, is your setup not convenient for that maneuver?

Why so ad personam? It is not about having trouble with anything it is about specific circumstances. Have you tried doing this in tight corridors with low ceiling (plenty of Corpus tilesets, some Grineer and occasionally on Void/Lua)? Humor me and try. And compare it to simply pressing 1 button.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

You are missing the point completely

Nerfing Exodia Contagion is pushing
Players to use even stronger forms of AoE

No, not really; if they were stronger before, then the people wanting the strongest attacks would've used those to begin with, nothing's changed

I also saw a video on reddit showing someone performing a regular attack dealing the infamous negative damage, Contagion isn't dead, your power fantasy still exists

11 hours ago, VibingCat said:

Yep, it pretty much reduces the number of viable melee weapons from 2 to 1.

That's still wrong btw, you have no idea what the word "viable" means

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VibingCat said:

Yes, it was perfect to oneshot acolytes.

You can still do that all the same with the intended interaction, nothing has changed with that.

10 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

And you dont know Attack Speed is irrelevant for Exodia Contagion? 
Ironically, it was kinda relevant for the Heavy Attack Build...

That fully depends on which weapon you actually use for your contagion build. Use a slower one for maximized damage and attack speed will make for quicker animations, meaning you are back on the ground much quicker to start a new contagion attack. So attack speed improves the use for polearms, heavy blades and hammers quite noticably for instance. And if you use contagion as you move it will make even more of an impact, since you have better control of your glide from point A to B due to shorter melee animations.

I do feel it was a kinda pointless change , 

I never did it with contagion , but I did know how to use heavy attacks on very specific melee while in the air.

It was fun to pull off on rare occasions like some flying bosses and large hitboxes (cause it's a pain to aim correctly) if built for heavy attacks.

It's not something I depended on but I will miss it on ocassions.

• Like 1

15 часов назад, (PSN)haphazardlynamed сказал:

I'm assuming OP is using "tech" in the same context as a certain youtuber

meaning: exploitable obscure interaction, likely unintended result of sphagetti code that DE themselves isn't fully aware of

This situation reminds me of Tap Strafing """tech­™""" fix from Apex Legends.

Like yeah, let's exploit game's imperfections and then scream "UNDESERVED NERFS!!!1" when it finally gets patched.

Be glad DE didn't start banning people for using this.

The fact that melee is so boring to use that people desperately try to find something to entertain themselves with is another story tho.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

No fun allowed.

What a pathetic reaction, you have a whole game with hundreds, thousands of hours of content for completely free, but you people can't get your heads out of your @sses when DE fixes a bug

The exact same thing happened when they nerfed AOE ammo, the forums were overflowed with these types of threads, & in the end, what happened? Nothing, because you can still play with those weapons just fine

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

What a pathetic reaction, you have a whole game with hundreds, thousands of hours of content for completely free, but you people can't get your heads out of your @sses when DE fixes a bug

The exact same thing happened when they nerfed AOE ammo, the forums were overflowed with these types of threads, & in the end, what happened? Nothing, because you can still play with those weapons just fine

They removed an enjoyable way to build a weapon. The only thing pathetic is your cope and brown nosing. Lol the "free" argument.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

They removed an enjoyable way to build a weapon.

You know you can still build it the exact same way as before right. None of the things you could directly mod for were affected. “On heavy attack:” effects still apply when you launch via heavy (more accurately when you are in a heavy attack animation).

Combo count still only affects the damage done after 30m, and only at 25% of the combo level.
Combo consumed during a heavy attack never buffed Exodia Contagion’s damage.

Edited by (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

You know you can still build it the exact same way as before right. None of the things you could directly mod for were affected. “On heavy attack:” effects still apply when you launch via heavy (more accurately when you are in a heavy attack animation).

what do you mean? i tried it out and the hvy attack projectile wasn't doing anything special, damage was largely reduced. is there something else to it now?

• Like 1