Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eksby

Please Make Editing Decorations Easier To Use

A few ideas on how to make dojo decorations easier to build:

1. Let us move decorations after we have built them.

We did pay for them already, why can't we move them around? Let's say I built a statue, and decide later on that I want to move it, right now we have to destroy the statue and build a new one to "move" it. Or let's say I built a drum set and found out that I built them all backwards. It would be pretty frustrating to have to destroy them and build them all again.

2. Let us move decorations after we place them but before we have built them.

Right now, you have to set it down and cancel the build before placing it again. If we set it in the wrong place it's very frustrating to have to go back and forth, destroying and replacing, until we finally get it right. Allowing us to edit our placement before contributing materials would solve this issue.

3. Let us edit the decorations that have not had contributions without having to go to the console and clicking "edit decoration."

This would let us save time while editing decorations by allowing us to stay next to the decoration and edit it rather than having to run back and forth between the decoration and the console. Maybe put a pop-up that appears when we get close to an unfinished, uncontributed decoration that says "edit decoration". 

4. Give us a top-view editor.

I've spent a frustrating amount of time trying to center a medallion piece, because it's hard to tell if it's exactly in the middle or not with a side view. While a top-view editor isn't needed, it would be much appreciated. I'm not entirely sure how this would be done though, so suggestions would be welcome.

I'm finally messing with my Dojo and I'm getting frustrated at the clunkiness. I can't even stop a room after I've started building it.

I'm finally messing with my Dojo and I'm getting frustrated at the clunkiness. I can't even stop a room after I've started building it.

I'm glad you mentioned this. It would be nice if we could cancel a room after we started building it...I can't tell you how many times I've built a room and then realized that I built it wrong/built the wrong room and had to wait 12 hours before I could destroy it, and then wait another 2 hours just for it to destroy. Why does it take so long to destroy a room in the first place? You can't even speed it up with plat...