Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QOL Modding Suggestion (Favoriting Mods)

Claytronus02

So, hear me out... You know how we can favorite colors for quick access? Why can't we have that for mods? A separate "favorites" mod tab, so we can put all the mods we actually use in their own category. Would make switching out mods a little less tedious, especially as you get further in the game and find your mod list stuffed full of dupes and niche options. Just switch to that tab/section, and slap in your desired mods. The alternative is setting your own "default" for a specific weapon category, but I think that would just encourage cookie cutter builds even more than they are now. What do you think?

I think there’s few enough (if any) mods I’d equip 24/7 to warrant such a feature when I can just search for them, but I know there’s players who want to always equip the same mods in the same way so I think someone would find it of value.

I do wonder how favouriting mods won’t encourage cookie cutter builds as well when we’ve already got players who struggle with the effort of swapping a Bane mod out and how favouriting mods is that different to setting a default?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

Hm. Thinking about it, I wonder if the Favourites system is already present in the game in a way. Players will often keep only certain mods (and even certain Frames and weapons) equipped and then do things like use config or Loadout slots to store minor variations. It’s way more hassle to keep those methods updated than it is to swap a few mods or Frames/weapons around, but because they’ve been quite discerning in their choices it feels like the favourites have already been defined and an extra system may be redundant…?

Personally I don't think this would help me.  While there are certainly some mods that I put in many of my builds, it's never been an issue to find them, either by scrolling (which sorts first by cost, then by alphabetical order) or in the rare cast that I need to find a niche mod by using the search bar to immediately jump to it.

I'm not opposed to it if DE thinks the development costs of such a feature would be outweighed by its benefit, but personally I don't think it would actually make things better.

I would like this for build planning. Before I forma a weapon I screenshot all its loadouts to 1) easily tell which ones were removed later. Then I compare different build polarities on Overframe which allows 2) adding pretend forma and 3) visually going over capacity. It would be nice to be able to do any of these things ingame. I know 3) at least is technically possible because of a certain bug that leaves the mods installed in an inactive state. All it's missing is a visual indicator of which mods are inactive.

10 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I wouldn't mind it , but it digs up the long standing mire muck of useless mods in the system.

I understand why IPS mods can't work like elementals (Then Hunter Munitions would be overthrown, plus Slash becomes way stronger with yet another multiplier), but common IPS mods really have no reason to ever exist. +Zoom mods are almost only ever good for specific riven challenges (also, I would kill for a -zoom counterpart, snipers would be so much better for it). The magazine and reload mods outside of Shotguns are hard-pressed to compete with the commonly-used mods 9thanks to their values being half of what shotguns get), and then you have the "-Insert miniscule bonus here- on inconvenient/tedious condition" mods. Twitch, Proton Jet, Catalyzer Link, ect. These give pitiful bonuses compared to our commonly used mods, yet need a conditional trigger (and an often short time limit). Imagine Proton Jet gave you 120% crit and status chance for 45 seconds after killing an enemy during a wall-latch? It would still be tedious, yeah, but now it can compete with something like Critical Delay. Wildfire could also offer 90% fire damage, and 30% magazine capacity. 

Yeah it would be outclassing Hellfire then, but Hellfire is also one of those mods that is in the running for a Prime variant, so it always has the potential to become relevant again. Not to mention that Wildfire is a nightmare mod, so I do think it is fair for it to be stronger than a common mod. If not though, then at least change the magazine capacity into something like critical chance instead. 60% fire damage and 80% crit chance?