The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pretty disappointed that a login reward rework wasn’t talked about in devstream.

(XBOX)Caelum6613

9 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Have you played Warframe? That's not how it works in this game. Did you forget what we were talking about?

Fairly sure self damage has been part of Warframe longer than no self damage has. By a lot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Simply put, you can fix any and all concerns about Primed Sure Footed by making the base knockdown not absolutely atrocious.

I'm pretty sure there is a large contingent of players who will complain about any form of knockdown until it's so fast they can't perceive it.  And probably even then.

Personally I'd love it if the jump counter mechanic was easier to use and, even more importantly,  actually worth practicing.   Something roughly comparable to Handspring's effect. But even if this were to happen, I don't see the angst over PSF dialing down that much.

6 hours ago, Frendh said:

Fairly sure self damage has been part of Warframe longer than no self damage has. By a lot.

Good point I'll give you that.

13 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

It's funny to look up video and build guides finding out that Primed Sure Footed is recommneded on every frame for "Endgame" setup. Poise exist but people rather use Zenurik for energy regen. Cautious Shot exist as well but "my ammo mutation is recommneded." It's all or nothing for a lot of newcomers when it comes to build diversity.

I disagree. It shows how much diversity psf opens up when you don't need to use a specific school tree or frame. It does the exact opposite.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
  • Like 1

10 часов назад, (PSN)Joylesstuna сказал:

No it's not most people will not login every day therefore it takes years to get. If you think that's realistic, remember some people touch grass and have lives.

most people who casually login once a week shouldn't even care about this mod since they definitely don't need it for their casual content

• Like 5

If it's going to be available, the price should involve something you can only get on Steel Path content (i.e. not credits or ducats, which are the currencies Baro deals in), because I'm pretty sure a good player can clear the SP starchart without it.

21 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Good point I'll give you that.

I disagree. It shows how much diversity psf opens up when you don't need to use a specific school tree or frame. It does the exact opposite.

Wait a minute... what Loadout are you using that requires Primed Sure Footed and no other alternatives? Build diverstiy is one thing but personal mandatory mods are a different order. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am not sure but I don’t think anything about this was said at tennocon. To me this is the most blatant example of unhealthy FOMO that this game does. I don’t care how much they’re not needed, it should not be expected of any player to log on every day for ~2 and a half years (900 days) to get these items that affect GAMEPLAY. Replace those milestones with cosmetics or something that rewards the long term player in a different way, not with features that change gameplay.

It's hardly FOMO when you're guaranteed to get them, with no chance that they're going to be removed from the game. If you had to log in every day consecutively, then it would be FOMO.

The game is designed so that the average player that wants to complete all the content and reach the current Mastery Rank caps takes around a year of normal gameplay (not the no-life challenge) anyway.

If you're not sticking around for 900 logins, then you aren't missing out on the gear.

• Like 3

They are already removed. When you get past I think 1000 days or so.

I honestly can't remember the last time I got a weapon or mod from the daily login, other than Rivens.

I consistently get boosters, plat discount, resources or endo. It's just a matter of sticking with the game long enough so it stops thinking you're a new-ish player.

• 5 weeks later...

Got into this game in duviri. Finished new war and am mr23.

they are fixing grind in various quests, but they are not reworking what to me is the most egregious grind in this game, the daily login for primed mods/weapons.

I am a player that tends to not play a decent amount every day, but large amounts a certain number of days(weekends). During most weekdays I am frankly too tired to even turn on my console and log on. I feel I am being punished for not logging on every day like a second job.

Frankly, if you want to ease grind and give some of us newer players QOL, ease/rework the grind to get these weapons/mods. This in my opinion is the most egregious “farm” in this game. I don’t care how “necessary” they are, the concept of “oh, if you didn’t log in 1 day you will be getting this gameplay element 1 day later” is borderline predatory. This is FOMO at its worst. I don’t think I’ve ever seen another game that locks gameplay elements behind timegates this outrageously. FFXIV had something similar to this, DE, and they REMOVED IT.

In general, I don’t think gameplay elements should be locked behind timegates like this.

I honestly think I am going to quit the game over this. The expectation that I have to login for years, everyday, to get these rewards as soon as possible is an unrealistic and borderline predatory expectation.

Edited by (XBOX)Caelum6613
  • Like 1

Got into this game in duviri. Finished new war and am mr23.

they are fixing grind in various quests, but they are not reworking what to me is the most egregious grind in this game, the daily login for primed mods/weapons.

I am a player that tends to not play a decent amount every day, but large amounts a certain number of days(weekends). During most weekdays I am frankly too tired to even turn on my console and log on. I feel I am being punished for not logging on every day like a second job.

Frankly, if you want to ease grind and give some of us newer players QOL, ease/rework the grind to get these weapons/mods. This in my opinion is the most egregious “farm” in this game. I don’t care how “necessary” they are, the concept of “oh, if you didn’t log in 1 day you will be getting this gameplay element 1 day later” is borderline predatory. This is FOMO at its worst. I don’t think I’ve ever seen another game that locks gameplay elements behind timegates this outrageously. FFXIV had something similar to this, DE, and they REMOVED IT.

In general, I don’t think gameplay elements should be locked behind timegates like this.

I honestly think I am going to quit the game over this. The expectation that I have to login for years, everyday, to get these rewards as soon as possible is an unrealistic and borderline predatory expectation.

Fair and valid. 

I agree with some of what you said, just not the extent. Like I don't personally think this is FOMO at its worst, because you can still eventually get items, it just takes time. If you don't want to give time... fair, but thats accurate to a lot of video game systems. I think FOMO that demands money right now, to get something now, that will never return, is much worse. However this is just an example to highlight what I mean, not to actually argue or invalidate your perspective. 

Warframe had already been around for a few years when I started, so when looking at the log in system, I did ask myself, if it would bother me, knowing that I would always potentially feel a bit behind others, who had logged in more days? A little in some ways, maybe? Ultimately I decided not enough, to dissuade myself from wanting to play and enjoy what I thought was an interesting and great game. Now it sounds like for you, it does aggravate and bother you? To such an extent you do not want to play the game? Which again, fair and valid. Can see why you are disappointed. 

That also being said, its the sort of realisation I think you should have already arrived to. Can't just magically expect that developers will talk and address every issue all players may have, that is there make or break issue on the game. Literally all ongoing players at some point had to make a similar decision as far as acknowledging the log in system, and presumably for most, even if many may have ben critical (myself included), it wasn't large enough to mean avoiding the game permanently. 

I don't say any of that to undermine or devalue your issues, just that games will frequently have such systems, that for many are deal breakers. Each persons deal breakers will also be different. I am pretty critical of certain elements of this game, but eh, none for me, personally would want to make me quit, but there are many games I don't play because they have deal breakers for me. Whilst ideally those other games wouldn't be that way... Its also not realistic for me to consider them changing anytime sooner either. 

What you are doing is great though, and I think its important. Might be better in feedback too. None of what I am writing is to discourage it. If a game does something that is a deal breaker and we genuinely and sincerely would play the game without it, its good general feedback. Just unfortunately, sincere there are so many games out there... and games industry is so competitive, well certain trends happen. Like I personally think Prime Accessories is way too expensive, but I also think many FTP models and GAAS elements are silly, annoying, and frustrating. Its also not a deal breaker topic for me either, as far as Warframe, in a relative subjective sense. 

Good luck either way. 

hace 16 minutos, (PSN)FrDiabloFr dijo:

There you are again someone makes a good point on their time with the game, you can’t add anything constructive.

What it's the good point?  The thing is that they announced before what they were going to talk about in the devstream in the tennocon and secondly, why is this topic an important problem?

go away GIF

29 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

What it's the good point?  The thing is that they announced before what they were going to talk about in the devstream in the tennocon and secondly, why is this topic an important problem?

go away GIF

What are you talking about lol? I was addressing hexerin because they were trying to downplay someone else’s experience of the game you obviously piped up not understanding no biggy move on:)

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr