The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts/input on new shield gating?

mubsmubs

18 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

With higher shields we have less control over how much gets taken away from a hit and augur mods/brief respite are not going to regenerate enough to hit even the 325 shields for the original 1.3 secs in some cases even with tanked efficiency. How are we supposed to recover that much shield without condemn or pillage. Perhaps you misunderstood my questions/ concerns.

I really dont see the problem or what it is you think is different from how it was before. Or which part of the new system makes you think the following.

17 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Maybe I haven't played with it enough but shield gating feels alot less reliable and some of that feels completely out of our control unlike original shield gating. Meh, maybe we just have to get used to it.

1. Equip new mod instead of the old key and you are back to the old shield gate. With the benefit of scaling gate time instead of just 0.33 or 1.3 seconds.

2. Dont slot the new mod and instead makes use of pillage/condemn as before. With the benefit of reaching up to 2.5 sec instead of just 1.3 sec of gate if your shields are high enough (1150).

3. Dont slot the new mod and just rely on the 0.33 second shield gate whenever you use a skill if you have some form of energy to shields active. 

4. Stack shields, regen and delay reduction mods while avoiding damage off and on so to get some shields back.

I just dont see the out of control anywhere, since it works the same as before but with additional beneficial scaling for more shields and with the corrupted mod. The only real difference is for those that used the dragon key since they now need to use a mod slot for it for balance. Skip some offense or maybe rethink how much shields per energy you actually need now that reduced shields also have a scaling gate and not only 0.33 or 1.3 seconds.

• Like 2

Le 21/10/2023 à 01:08, Qriist a dit :

Your grasp of the English language is not nearly as strong as you think it is.

And...

I never said my english is good. On the other hand, logic-specific vocabulary is one of my fields of study.

By the way, back to topic, I'm still waiting your arguments. I would love to refute them, but I see none...

6 hours ago, Nira said:

I like the shield gating changes. I mostly play Harrow so it's nice to feel all dat shields is more meaningful! I'm sure Hildryn mains are digging it too. 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

Haven't broke out my Harrow yet, but Hilders is certainly enjoying herself.

Mag is also having a grand ol' time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

Is Mag better with redirection now or not?  

Redirection is unneeded, because Mag can reach max shield gate with shards alone. As she doesn't care about most of what shards can offer other than that, it's an easy choice to just use shards for the purpose of bolstering her baseline shields. Overshields don't count for shield gate (that's a bug that DE has already explicitly stated will be fixed in the next update), so bolstering base shield capacity is important so she gets the full 2.5 second shield gate.

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

Yeah, be a long time before I get anything near a shard surplus that can go to Mag.

Newer player.  Can't stand Kahl missions and have an intense dislike of Archon hunts, so I only bother when I'm in the mood.

A way you can kind of work around that is by replacing Magnetized Discharge (augment that causes Magnetize's explosion to disarm enemies, while also granting +45% ability range to Magnetize specifically) with Redirection. Your Magnetizes will be significantly smaller, but you can work around that with more usage of Pull. You'll also just be more energy hungry, but you can mitigate that with liberal usage of energy pizzas. None of this is ideal, but you work with what you have access to, you know?

Archon hunts are significantly less tedious now with the changes to their damage attenuation. As for Kahl's missions, the speed increase they gave to him has made things significantly more tolerable (I also disliked his missions before, primarily because of how slow he was). Might be worth poking at to see if your feelings on them have changed with the updates.

• Like 2