The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could a disable Warframe's passive mod work?

Numerounius

I am just curious how well a warframe mod that states, Warframe's passive is disabled, could be introduced into the game.

I think there is a couple of reasons how this type of system can be used:

Some passives are a hindrance to certain playstyles, Limbo is one of them. Nezha and Zephyr also exists.

Disabling the passive to provide a more vanilla experience is another. For weapon showcasing if you wanted to keep the playing field level but you want to use the most suited frame purely for fashion purposes you can run into this issue. Mesa or Excalibur are some examples where this would be beneficial.

Now, for some frames it might break their entire kit so that might need to be taken into consideration. So maybe it might need to only be one aspect of it or not able to affect certain frames.

And if such a system would be included I'd say that it would be only for the stated passive in the ability screen so you'd still have to deal with other nuances that are present in the frame such as how squishy they are or how slow they move.

I'd say that this would likely be an warframe exilius mod/augment similar to controlled slide and other passive-disabling augments but I can also see this being considered as a dragon key or even as a corrupted exilius mod with this effect being the negative since it is more of a universal mod.

Thoughts?

44 minutes ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Controlled_Slide

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Anchored_Glide

these mods exist, so it is possible

also, Voruna exists who has no passive by default, so its definitely possible

Thank you for this, I need to pick them up now.  Zephyr's passive is one of the biggest reasons I don't play her and this fixes that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Thank you for this, I need to pick them up now.  Zephyr's passive is one of the biggest reasons I don't play her and this fixes that.

Your welcome!

Ya, the low gravity can be fun, until you try to get through small areas or through areas with 1000s of things you can get stuck on.

I hope your able to get the mod! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

Your welcome!

Ya, the low gravity can be fun, until you try to get through small areas or through areas with 1000s of things you can get stuck on.

I hope your able to get the mod! 

I'm Max with Loka, picked it up as soon as I logged in. :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MagPrime said:

You take that back...

Zephyr's passive is beautiful, and the original Passive given to any frame, ever. I will not hear such derogatory comments used against her.

(The fun of 'Birdframe_Prime' shouting at 'MagPrime' about her passive is so much fun, since Mag's passive is... well... at least Mag has something, right?)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

You take that back...

Zephyr's passive is beautiful, and the original Passive given to any frame, ever. I will not hear such derogatory comments used against her.

(The fun of 'Birdframe_Prime' shouting at 'MagPrime' about her passive is so much fun, since Mag's passive is... well... at least Mag has something, right?)

Mag has had 2 Passives.  Her first was innate vacuum on bullet jump, now it's gathering fragments generated from Polarize that turn into projectiles for Magnetize.

And I wont take it back.  I've spent a decade playing heavy 'frames, it's so disorienting to suddenly be floating back down lol

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Mag has had 2 Passives.  Her first was innate vacuum on bullet jump, now it's gathering fragments generated from Polarize that turn into projectiles for Magnetize.

And I wont take it back.  I've spent a decade playing heavy 'frames, it's so disorienting to suddenly be floating back down lol

It always reminded me of Super Mario Brothers 2 and Princess Peach's jumps.

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

It's a terrible passive given that no matter how wide open the tiles in this game might seem, they all connect to the next one through narrow corridors.  All that freedom to float and glide... only to have to drift slowly back down to the ground to progress.

It has its uses in camping or in the open world I suppose, but I find it cumbersome.  I wouldn't waste a mod slot getting rid of it though.

27 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It's a terrible passive given that no matter how wide open the tiles in this game might seem, they all connect to the next one through narrow corridors.  All that freedom to float and glide... only to have to drift slowly back down to the ground to progress.

It has its uses in camping or in the open world I suppose, but I find it cumbersome.  I wouldn't waste a mod slot getting rid of it though.

it's pretty much the same as power drift otherwise, so you aren't technically wasting a slot.

8 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Make it an Exilus Mod like Mesa's Waltz. Titania has Exilus Mods that disable the vacuum while Razorwing. This is going to be a case by case basis. Only certain frame's passive needs to be disable.

It is an exilus mod, y'goober.

What OP's asking for exists already for several frames, one of which you named (Titania), they were all brought out at the same time.

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

It is an exilus mod, y'goober.

What OP's asking for exists already for several frames, one of which you named (Titania), they were all brought out at the same time.

I'm saying make this theoritical mod an universal exilus mod for ANY warframe to disable the passive instead of what we have now.

11 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'd like one of these for Valk, specifically the hard landing immunity.  I don't ever expect to get it though, as I doubt enough people  would see the point.

Might I ask why?  I’m trying to think of a situation where you’d want a hard landing, and I’m drawing a blank. Please explain, if you care to.

5 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Might I ask why?  I’m trying to think of a situation where you’d want a hard landing, and I’m drawing a blank. Please explain, if you care to.

Hah, well, there's not any esoteric mechanical benefit to understand. I just enjoy using maneuvers to avoid hard landings--or fail at avoiding them--and Valk takes this pleasure away from me.   She's got the passive because she's cat-like (And because it's mighty convenient with Ripline.) and cats are some of my favorite things.  But I feel less cat-like playing her because I can just land like a galoot and it doesn't make any difference.

It's kind of parallel to how I feel about Mesa's Peacemaker.  Cool, I love gunfighter themes!  Too bad her ultimate takes away my opportunity to demonstrate gunfighter skills...