The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 Nataruk's build has no fire rate

Perry53

Question

12 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Perry53 said:

he said "reload rate bugged (0.5s instead of 0.05s), so fire rate builds are less efficient than they should be" but I don't understand what he means

From Wikipedia:

Despite listing 0.1s reload time (0.05s rounded up), the reload time is actually 0.5s.

20 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

No, you should use Primed Shred rather than faction mods and Critical Delay instead of Point Strike, possibly with the addition of Roar, or alternatively use that build plus Arcane Acceleration. 

primed shred? Why would you pick that one? the punch through is useless on nataruk.

7 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

Absolutely yes. If you have Critical Delay, Primed Shred is the best option whereas Vile Acceleration makes it hard to do perfect shots. 

So I copied that build and edited it as you said. Is there anything else I need to edit?

1 hour ago, Perry53 said:

So I copied that build and edited it as you said. Is there anything else I need to edit?

When it comes to the Steel Path, Primary Dexterity is certainly better than Primary Merciless on almost every weapon in the game, granted that you have a decent melee like Glaive Prime. Unless you're going to play against very high levels where headshot kills are nearly impossible to achieve without armour strip, Primary Deadhead is also better than Merciless.

The main reason behind this is the very low duration of merciless' stacks, such that it can be hard to keep them maxed, whereas Dexterity's stacks last much longer both individually and together. The other reason is that Dexterity requires kills from a different weapon - your melee -, meaning that the first stacks of Merciless are harder to get without other sources of base damage (Serration and Vigorous Swap).

32 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

overframe builds are overrated, outdated and generally full of misinformation, learn to build and test for yourself.

deep-rock-galactic-this.gif

Although the build linked in the OP is definitely one of the more tame examples.

Here's that build, but with the issues resolved:

Spoiler

199e65efdd79d90685254b6743c206a6.jpg

Replace Bane of Grineer with Primed Bane of Grineer, and then change for Primed Bane of Corpus/Infested/Corrupted based on what faction you're fighting.

Also, replace Shred with Primed Shred.

I couldn't slot the Primed mods for this example, because my polarities aren't setup for that build.

Here's the build I currently use, which is similar but doesn't use a faction mod (because those are tedious as hell, and ultimately unnecessary):

Spoiler

03882db91f82fd0b48061e2f96e72dcb.jpg

I'm eventually going to replace this build, however. Primary Deadhead, Galvanized Aptitude, and Primed Cryo Rounds, will be swapped out for Longbow Sharpshot, Serration, and Rime Rounds respectively. That'll grant me significantly higher potential damage output, while sacrificing nothing.