The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The addition of several Archon Shards has to come with an overhaul to the massive gating to earning them

Voltage

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

Let me guess, there were several people declaring that the shard system was perfect as is, since it used to be even worse?

The usual "you're just entitled", "it'll never happen", "it's fine how it is", "stop asking", etc. that gets thrown around any time anyone suggests anything be improved in any way. And lo and behold, the people so insistent that nothing would/could/should be done about it are wrong yet again.

• Like 5

Figured that this would happen eventually, just like it does for... pretty much every intentionally obnoxiously designed system DE puts out. Let it sit for a while, then patch out most of the obnoxiousness once it's no longer the hot new thing.

1 minute ago, PublikDomain said:

The usual "you're just entitled", "it'll never happen", "it's fine how it is", "stop asking", etc. that gets thrown around any time anyone suggests anything be improved in any way. And lo and behold, the people so insistent that nothing would/could/should be done about it are wrong yet again.

Well sometimes they're right about the "never happen", or at least they've been right about certain things for a long time.  And I can understand thinking some obviously flawed systems are ...fine, even when my categorization of "fine" is different than theirs.

What I really can't fathom is the satisfaction some people seem to get from arguing systems are as good as they can get, and that somebody who asks for improvements is entitled and should shut up.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Well sometimes they're right about the "never happen", or at least they've been right about certain things for a long time.

Temporarily right*. Everyone that says "no" to feature requests is right - until they're not. And with improvements like these which tend to blow up so much, whether it was Lich RNG or Tau RNG or now Tau Fusion, more often than not they do eventually get improved.

14 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

And I can understand thinking some obviously flawed systems are ...fine, even when my categorization of "fine" is different than theirs.

What I really can't fathom is the satisfaction some people seem to get from arguing systems are as good as they can get, and that somebody who asks for improvements is entitled and should shut up.

What I see a lot of is that "it's fine for me" - which is totally OK on its own - tends to then be used as a justification for why nothing should happen for anyone else. It's the "it's fine for me and surely I speak for everyone when I say that, therefore everyone who doesn't agree with me is a spoiled whiny entitled millennial" mentality that I just don't get. It's so unconstructive, mean-spirited, and selfish. Especially when it's over optional systems like these where the addition or improvement wouldn't even affect them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

How many months have you had since release to acquire them?

Don't forget that advocates for better shards acquisitions uses new players as one of their reasons for it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

To be fair it was more like.

"the system is designed to be a long grind.  So any improvement is likely to have that intent"

Meaning they were always going to do something but DE doesn't want this to be an endless farm you can just no life to completion. 

At least that has always been my position on this.

I think 4 to 1 is cool.  I'm sure 2 to one was the preferred exchange but who knows.. Maybe they'll change that before release or if enough people complain.

28 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Aren’t they more or less guaranteed for Kahl missions? 

You can get 105 challenge stock per week, not including the stock you can pick up in the mission itself.  Shards replenish weekly and cost 90 stock.

It's great that we're finally getting a way to upgrade our shards, but can we please look at how awful Kahl is?  Yes, he's come a long ways since his launch, but he's still a weekly chore with three missions and maybe a single droplet of meaningful variety in his gameplay.  He still untoggles sprint every time he uses his jetpack.  He still has the single worst on-rails turret segment in the history of video games.

Let us burn star chart resources to skip the Kahl chore.  How many weeklies do we really need?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

"the system is designed to be a long grind.  So any improvement is likely to have that intent"

Meaning they were always going to do something but DE doesn't want this to be an endless farm you can just no life to completion. 

At least that has always been my position on this.

I think 4 to 1 is cool.  I'm sure 2 to one was the preferred exchange but who knows.. Maybe they'll change that before release or if enough people complain.

I think 3 to 1 would be the best approach.

4 to 1 feels a bit overkill even with Netracells in play imo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

I'm sure there were people saying this, but they're not at all who I'm talking about. I'm talking about the people who proudly proclaimed how they "find it entertaining to watch them squirm", who whined about "entitled millennials", and who act like any suggested reduction to the original 25-whatever-year grind actually meant they were asking for everything instantly for free. And not, y'know, people asking for a long but not unreasonable or literally impossible grind.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

How many months have you had since release to acquire them?

Horrid take that shows you still somehow don't understand the core issues with the system as a whole.

I'll even spoonfeed you a droplet: Not everyone has been around since the archon shard system first released.

• Like 3