The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trumna building - Math wizards

(PSN)RomDog2648

Question

What is the best Trumna build mathematically? With and without a Riven.  If with a Riven, what stats am I wanting for the absolute best result?

And let's say, hypothetically, I play on controller and have bad hand coordination, but still want to use the Trumna despite its high recoil, how would you recommend modding it without the requirement of landing headshots? 

I am ok with the use of faction mods.

3 answers to this question

1 minute ago, (PSN)RomDog2648 said:

What is the best Trumna build mathematically? With and without a Riven.  If with a Riven, what stats am I wanting for the absolute best result?

And let's say, hypothetically, I play on controller and have bad hand coordination, but still want to use the Trumna despite its high recoil, how would you recommend modding it without the requirement of landing headshots? 

I am ok with the use of faction mods.

The "best" doesn't exist, it depends on your enemy faction, what mission type it is, what abilities you have, what level you're planning to reach, whether you have a primer etc.

With the classic viral-bleed build, Trumna is quite underperforming compared to similar weapons like incarnon Braton, so I am going to assume you'd like to build around its alt-fire. In that case, this weapon works better against the infested because it has innate heat and good status chance. So I would recommend:

Galvanized Chamber, Primed Firestorm, Malignant Force, Rime Rounds, Hellfire, Critical Delay, Vital Sense, Vile Acceleration, Stabilizer, Primary Merciless/Dexterity. A good riven should have at least an element among toxin, cold and heat in order to replace a mod, then try to get a combination of critical damage, critical chance, fire rate, multishot, also reload speed and -recoil would be great.

Anyway, I wouldn't say it's an endgame weapon.

52 minutes ago, (PSN)RomDog2648 said:

but still want to use the Trumna despite its high recoil, how would you recommend modding it without the requirement of landing headshots? 

Not a math wizard, but if you want to minimize the recoil there are  mods for that.  Stabilizer or Deadhead by themselves will help a great deal.  If you can get to 100% or more recoil reduction, it will negate the recoil on Trumna entirely.   Maxed Stabilizer and the Deadhead arcane are 110%. 

Your other  mod options are rivens, Vile Precision, Twitch, Reflex Draw, and Gun Glide.  I don't recommend Vile Precision because of its negative RoF, or Gun Glide because it's conditional on sliding and only a ridiculous 20%.  Twitch and Reflex Draw are temporary buffs on weapon switch, so not ideal.  However these are general buffs, so you have the option to use Reflex Draw on your sidearm and still benefit your Trumna, and/or stack them.

I wouldn't really recommend a -recoil riven, but if you find one with other useful affixes for cheap it might be an option.

Edited by Tiltskillet

This shall be yer build little one.

image.png?ex=65774e3b&is=6564d93b&hm=f7e

Briefly explained:

• Bladed Rounds because you asked to not got for headshots due to hypothetically skill issue, triggers on kill giving you more crit, which is always good.

• Viral + Heat is good against Grineer and Infested, the impact will also help you deal with shields of Corpus so can work as an all rounder.

• Deadhead and Stabilizer for 0 recoil and way longer lasting damage bonus, but you need to kill with the headshot.
    Alternatively, use Merciless which will also give you a bit more reload speed and that is very important on the Trumna.

• Vile Acceleration over Shred because shots that detonate on impact behave a bit weirdly with punch through.

• Galvanized Aptitude for close to 100% status per shot // 3 statuses per trigger pull with stacked Galvanized Chamber.

As for a riven, look for critical damage and critical chance or multishot, the usual for guns with good crit.
5 Forma, or 4 if you use a rank 8 Vile Acceleration (I would), 3 V (Madurai) 1 D (Vazarin) in that case.
Primary Frostbite is not as good on this one, but you could replace Bladed Rounds for Serration and let a companion proc cold to activate it.