The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feature Request: Option to Inactivate Sniper Scope while Aiming [COMPLETED]

(NSW)Probably_Asleep

Consoles have a disadvantage over PC in that nothing really beats the precision and speed of a mouse. Thankfully, DE provides the option of using motion controls when aiming. With this setup, I can have a high-speed camera rotation when not aiming, and then precise motion adjustment when I am. It's an okay replacement to using a mouse and I'm fine with it.

Except with Sniper Rifles

Going into scope-view is a jarring change for such a high-mobility game. And there doesn't seem to be a lot of missions that reward a careful, distant sniping style of play.

What if instead: We could turn off the Scope-View on Sniper Rifles?

How about something like an accessibility option that gives us choices for sniping weaponry? It could be called "Sniper Scope while Aiming" and have a dropdown with these selections:

• Always Off
  • When Crouching
  • Always On

The "Always On" would be what it is today, while the "Always Off" would let it behave like a typical rifle. On the other hand, "When Crouching" would let you use the Sniper Scope, but only when you are crouched. That should let you still be mobile and effective, and if you find a good spot to snipe then you can still get into your scoped view.

There are other options like maybe if you don't move for several seconds, but I think crouching would be the easiest to get used to.

The funny thing is I actually did like sniping when I first started playing. I calmly crept through Earth, Venus, and Mercury while taking out enemies from a distance. But as I got better, I started to move faster, and it wasn't too long before I just stopped sniping altogether. So I while you're at it I wouldn't mind some levels where sniping was fun. But until then it would at least be nice to use them as rifles.

Thank you

EDIT: Not quite what/where I imagined, but this exists! It's in the INTERFACE menu in Options (see first reply)

Edited by (NSW)Probably_Asleep

5 hours ago, BroDutt said:
  • Menu>Options>Interface>Turn off "Use Sniper Scopes"
  • Use Aero Periphery Mod to reduce zoom while gliding (Rubico had Ambush Optic mod)

WHAT!?

Wow thanks! I didn't even think it was possible that this would already exist so I didn't think to check it.

I've been leveling up a bunch of weapons lately and every time I get to a sniper I think: "Ugh this again..."

Thanks again! I'll edit the subject...