The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slow status should slow down enemy's actions instead movement speed

quxier

Like in defense you get Sevagoth/Gloom active. Enemies runs towards you with normal speed but their actions (e.g. shooting, reload, melee attack) are slowed.

Only exceptions are some "leap attacks" like Thrax jump melee attack.

Not sure why…? Slowed enemies can be really helpful to keep them in a certain location or prevent them from arriving on the scene and overwhelming the player

Is this a For the Sake of Optimal Grind change or something?

edit: Doesn’t slow already slow actions?

double edit: Oh wait, for some reason I was thinking cold all this time

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Not sure why…? Slowed enemies can be really helpful to keep them in a certain location or prevent them from arriving on the scene and overwhelming the player

Is this a For the Sake of Optimal Grind change or something?

edit: Doesn’t slow already slow actions?

double edit: Oh wait, for some reason I was thinking cold all this time

First, yeah, I meant cold status (from e.g. weapons)

It's in case you are e.g. with team doing some defense. You can kill enemies fast enough but someone slows enemies down. It makes defense much longer. If their action were slowed down both parties would be happy (more or less).

1 hour ago, quxier said:

First, yeah, I meant cold status (from e.g. weapons)

It's in case you are e.g. with team doing some defense. You can kill enemies fast enough but someone slows enemies down. It makes defense much longer. If their action were slowed down both parties would be happy (more or less).

Yuck. How about we not cater to a bunch of optimal grinders? If they’re so concerned about efficiency, they’ve got Speedva they can use.

Otherwise if enemies last for any amount of time, they can potentially start overwhelming the player and objective without some kind of slowing effect. Slowing down both movement speed and actions can make a difference between being able to prioritise targets and being overwhelmed. (yes I know the average player builds all that away, I’m saying let’s not further their mentality, especially if it starts impacting someone else through changes to fundamental system designs)

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
added “potentially”; slow isn’t absolutely necessary, as there are situations where alternative forms of CC, even basic ones like knockdown or impact procs, can be sufficient

I much prefer it the way it is. I rarely use slowing abilities anymore, but I still like sources of cold, largely for making it easier to shoot targets accurately.

As far as slowing down Defenses and the like, this is a case where I think people need to lighten up about perfect efficiency in random squads, or communicate with their squad mates, or form their own "no slow" groups, or play solo.

Only thing I'd like changed is enemy transformations/death animations being slowed down, which it seems like DE does fix.  (Eventually.)