The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Detron most difficult weapon to farm

DadPrime

So I've recently maxed out everything in the game, I have completed 720/721 equipment. The last weapon I need is the Detron which is locked behind an absurdly low 1.5% chance of the Zanuka Hunter spawning in (exclusively in the first 4 minutes of a corpus tileset mission as well), and then a further 17.65% chance for the main bp, and the 32% chance for the other components. I've had no issues farming anything else in this game, but this is the only weapon which gets to me since there is no proper way to farm it unless you have a beacon, which Baro has had only twice this entire year. But what really takes the cake is the fact that you cant trade the weapon or buy it either, and it's not like its an over powered weapon either. I just think that some changes should be made to its' drop chances or perhaps another way to farm it. 

Also after scouring the wiki, I've noticed that plenty of other players also have this issue. 

Edit:
Yes I know how to get marked for death by the Zanuka, yes I know that playing in invasion missions increases the chances of Zanuka spawning in. I would call it bad RNG but with a 1.5% spawn rate I'd rather call the spawn chance incredibly too low.

I'm legendary 3 xd

Edited by Dad.Prime
Update
  • Like 3

hace 1 hora, Dad.Prime dijo:

So I've recently maxed out everything in the game, I have completed 720/721 equipment. The last weapon I need is the Detron which is locked behind an absurdly low 1.5% chance of the Zanuka Hunter spawning in (exclusively in the first 4 minutes of a corpus tileset mission as well), and then a further 17.65% chance for the main bp, and the 32% chance for the other components. I've had no issues farming anything else in this game, but this is the only weapon which gets to me since there is no proper way to farm it unless you have a beacon, which Baro has had only twice this entire year. But what really takes the cake is the fact that you cant trade the weapon or buy it either, and it's not like its an over powered weapon either. I just think that some changes should be made to its' drop chances or perhaps another way to farm it. 

It makes no sense to make the Detron so difficult to obtain, moreover when it is a MR6 weapon.
Most players don't know at that rank or even later how to get it, so asking around is, as per usual, the better source of intel. This should be changed for the Brakk as well.

• Like 1

I can't remember the exact method or maths, but I remember the spawn rate of Zanuka, whilst seemingly low, is actually decent on Invasion missions after getting the nark. Also and OP may already know, but just in case, since they didn't really address it, but you need to do Invasions to be marked. Zanuka won't appear unless you are marked, and its far easy to just get marked via Invasions and being hunted that way, than just waiting for Baro to randomly bring in every now and then, or an excess of months. I also believe supporting Grineer more after the mark, and playing with other players who have been marked all also increase chances. 

Of course RNG is RNG, and I am sympathetic to anyone having bad luck, but also ehhh... It wasn't that bad a farm, for myself personally speaking. Wolf Sledge on the other hand, prior to that Anniversary Alert or post its original run and probably in a few months... Not just subject to being very rare and RNG based, but time and currency gated as well (also Baro beacons, but more parts to get, and they are far rarer. You can trade for them, but they use to be very expensive. Not sure if those dropped since the Alert we had, but thats my nomination for hardest weapon to farm.)

I get this weapon when I'm still doing Invasion for the wraith/potato/exilus blueprint from random Zanuka spawn. Lately I've never get visit from either Zanuka or Gustrag Three. 

DE need to rethink the RNG % for this MR junk weapon, the same situation goes for the Braton/Lato Vandal.

10 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

IDK there are definitely harder ones to actually farm imo, but it is definitely up there. Not being able to trade it is the clinching point for sure.

I've always been just fine with farming every other weapon or warframe in the game, never have I had a real issue since farming Nidus like 3 year ago where I had such bad RNG that I had to farm him for a week straight. It's just the low spawn rate combined with not being able to trade or purchase the Detron which gets to me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-12-07 at 3:09 AM, Dad.Prime said:
On 2023-12-06 at 5:02 PM, CrownOfShadows said:

IDK there are definitely harder ones to actually farm imo, but it is definitely up there. Not being able to trade it is the clinching point for sure.

I've always been just fine with farming every other weapon or warframe in the game, never have I had a real issue since farming Nidus like 3 year ago where I had such bad RNG that I had to farm him for a week straight. It's just the low spawn rate combined with not being able to trade or purchase the Detron which gets to me.

First, I guess it's completion issue. So it's more "you" problem. We have already few version of Detron.

Secondly, why not use Beacons? I mean, for some not old and not completionist it would be problem. But for you? Grab a lot of prime junk and millions of credits and buy bunch of Beacons. After that you can probably pretty easily farm it. Drop chances are big (32 x2 and 17). Unless you have bad luck (it happens) you should have Detron in short time. There are honestly worse grind like Tenet melees. If you not lucky you are wasting lot of time. Using zanuka beacons you can do any mission (that Zanuka can spawn). That's honestly great (after all money & prime junk cost).

When I was on my big mastery rank climb, Detron was one of the last things I ever got. Literally took me years before I finally got it. Hate it. Hate the beacons. It really needs a pity system, or the blueprints need to be tradeable, or something. Anything.