The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ephemera never drops from Kuva or Parvos

KIZAGAN0

Question

6 answers to this question

Yup. Nowadays helping my best friend while fusing additional kuva/tenet weapons to reach 60% and desired elements. Have been getting several ephemeras despite the fact I already have pretty much all of them.

I did have to buy some, but that was at the beginning when Liches were much more of a pain in the behind to grind. It be like that. 

*Cue massive tinfoil hat for algorithm lowering the rates of desirable stuff for people showing tendencies of searching for them. Aka the printer algorithm* *dramatically vanishes from the conversation*

My most recent was the Vengeful Chill Ephemera about a week ago. I only have like two Kuva/Sister Ephemera to get now. 

You have my sincerest sympathies OP. You just have really bad luck. Like extreme levels of bad luck. Have you genuinely "almost killed 100" Kuva Liches without any Ephemera? Like in the Codex, there is a section for Kuva Liches, so its the kind of thing that we can track, and prove. Your experience isn't impossible, just quite the outlier. It would also be completely understandable if you were frustrated and exaggerating a little. 

My best advice as someone who has hunting over 100, is that.. you try to streamline the process to be as fast as you can, whilst still being as enjoyable as you can make it. Also remember if you have some favourite Kuva and Sister weapons, to get them to 60%. Try to avoif getting frustrated or burning out. It just makes each new Lich/Sister without an Ephemera a worse experience that just gets worse and worse. If you can maintain a neutral to positive attitude, its more like a pleasant surprise when it does come with one. 

Also and maybe most importantly for you at least, you can buy these Ephemera from other player. You can get Liches from other players and if they have an Ephemera you will get it too. Granted, I don't know what the current rates Plat wise on the Ephemera are, but probably cheaper if you don't care about the actual weapon or percentage. 

I would guess that my combined Lich/Sister count is around 20, and I've had somewhere around 5 ephemera.

To do 130 of them without any ephemera is technically possible, but is incredibly improbable.  My best guess is that you either have missed the fact that you have been getting ephemera, or that you have somehow gone about hunting Liches in a way that guarantees you won't get an ephemera.

The only way I can think to do that last part is if you traded for Liches.  It's determined whether a Lich has or doesn't have an ephemera the instant they spawn.  So if someone trades you a Lich and that Lich doesn't have an ephemera already (you would be able to visibly see it on them) then you have a 0% chance of getting an ephemera from them.  Same for Sisters.

Also, you say you've killed "Kuva" and "Parvos".  I'm guessing everyone here assumes you mean Kuva Liches and Sisters of Parvos, so hopefully that's what you mean?  If not, it's possible you are killing the wrong enemy?

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
added last paragraph

On 2023-12-05 at 8:10 PM, KIZAGAN0 said:

It bothers me that I can't buy the ephemera that other people buy.

I'm confused what you mean by this.

What stops you from buying a Lich / Sister with the Ephemera you want?

If you're far enough into the game that you're doing this content, farming up some Plat shouldn't be a huge issue.