The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ballistica Prime] PASSIVE: 7seconds Ghosts needs a raise in duration.

Dr.Membrane

I do like the idea of this passive, but to be completely frank here... 7 seconds trash-mobs ghosts helps no one. As soon they spawn, they have like 1-3 seconds to become offensive and then just vanish before they even be remotely helpful. To make this weapon serves the real purpose of its passive it should be at least 20s, or even better 30s. Those spectres are dealing no damage anyway, so the only logical way to make them useful would be (at least) quantity and duration. I mean iff we compare it to [Pyrana Prime] passive, where you get like double the damage and rate of fire this Ballistica Prime Passive is hardly a “passive”... its a gimmick at best. Why not give it some utility factor that's worthwhile to build around, an actual tool for CC when you have none in your Frame. "Prime" should mean something more than just MR fodder. A good design should always open a door for more opportunity, not less. Come on DE give those Ghosts some love. 

• Like 4

To me, this is by far one of the most interesting and strongest prime weapons passives.

Aside from being offensive, ghosts are a non-negligible attention drawer and do block projectiles (contrariliy to what the wiki says), which can be a super strong survivability tool if used properly.
Additionally, multiple kills from the same shot can generate multiple clones, which is greatly benefit from the high innate multishot and punch through. Without a specific setup to stack enemies, you can reliably get around 10 clones in Steel Path, which is enough to get high value from it.

The only change that need to happen is the condition to trigger the clone. Right now, it triggers on direct kill from the charged shots, which exclude DoT triggered by said shots and make the effect less reliable when modding for high status chance, which is highly recommanded to get value from the weapon.
The solution would be one of the following :

• DoT kills from the charged shots will trigger the effect as well. The ideal solution, but might be more complicated to implement depending on how the game keep track of status sources)
  • Charged shots applies a unique effect for 6s, that will convert the target to a ghost if killed. This a much simpler solution to implement, but it hold the risk of making the weapon a tool that don't need to kill to trigger the effect, which might be too strong in combination with other equipment.

But overall, great effect and much stronger than anything else prime weapons have.

il y a 21 minutes, Dr.Membrane a dit :

"Prime" should mean something more than just MR fodder. A good design should always open a door for more opportunity, not less. Come on DE give those Ghosts some love. 

The weapons is already a huge upgrade in stats to both regular and Rakta versions of the weapon, so the weapon would already be strong without the passive.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr.Membrane said:

I mean iff we compare it to [Pyrana Prime] passive, where you get like double the damage and rate of fire this Ballistica Prime Passive is hardly a “passive”... its a gimmick at best.

Meanwhile, if prime weapons could talk, most of them would be like:  "Prime passives?" Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

Also  Pyrana Prime's gimmick is extremely impactful not to mention fun...absolutely.  But some time look at the stats without the buff compared to the original Pyrana.  You'll notice something funny. :P

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

ghosts are a non-negligible attention drawer and do block projectiles (contrariliy to what the wiki says)

I'm going to guess the wiki is talking about friendly projectiles there.  Although if that's so, I think whoever put that note in was looking at the charged shot, and forgot that it has punch through.   The ghosts definitely block my movement, as well as uncharged shots without a PT mod.  So they'd better block enemy projectiles.

And yeah, I agree with your idea that DoT kills being able to produce ghosts (in some fashion) would be a nice improvement to them.