Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber, Serration And Ignis

Nerevar22g

I'm not sure but it feels a lot easier when running Palus (solo and rhino) and using maxed Serration and heavy caliber compared to not using them and it looks like I got a lot more dmg numbers but I'm not sure I do also run t3 survival (solo and rhino) 25 min with ignis doing blast and corrosive dmg with no problems so it sounds weird if serration and heavy caliber don't work with Ignis.

I actually was using the Ignis day one of Damage 2.0 and I noticed this "bug" (be honest, we have no idea what it is). From what I understand, Serration doesn't affect Ignis' innate fire damage the way it should, if not at all. It is incredibly frustrating that a clan weapon is so underwhelming even at mid-to-high rank.

Back on topic, I think that Serration or other mods like it affect the Impact/Puncture/Slash values. I tested it via equiping Serration on my Ignis (rank 7, only ~2 damage bonus) and equiping Hornet Strike on my Dual Vastos (rank 5, effectively doubled the damage output per value per shot as predicted). I haven't tested other innate elemental damage weapons apart from the Ignis.

It isn't a bug with elemental weapons, it's with continuous weapons (Ignis, Embolist, Flux Rifle, Synapse). Noteworthy that Flux is NOT elemental and suffers from this.

Serration/Hornet Strike not providing the expected damage boost with these HAS to be a bug. If it they were intended to work on 'physical' base damage only, Flux Rifle would get a damage boost and something like the Lanka (elemental, not continuous) wouldn't. But Flux does not currently, and Lanka does. So it has nothing to do with elements.

Soo, i did a bit of testing and here is my result. I ran on Oro (earth) the sabotage mission as those mining things have a lot of hp and dont move aroung, making actual dmgtesting (not for shown numbers but applied dmg) possible (or at least a LOT easier^^).

Without Serration (meaning a completly unmodded ignis), i used ~85 ammo on the mining machine. With maxed Serration i used ~35. Looks pretty much like the bonusdmg is applied for Serration, although the numbers popping up as dmg do seem pretty much the same. Cant say anything about the other mods (Heavy Caliber/Bane) or Weapons (...) as I didnt test it, but it seems like things work just fine.

Also, I can run elara (Jupiter Survival) solo over 25 mins with my ignis without ammo/dmg problems and without serration I barely scratched the 15 mins and had to switch to secondary.

So yeah, concluding for myself: serration is working just fine on the ignis, although it would be nice to actually have the numerical dmgoutput increase with the mod. 

Soo, i did a bit of testing and here is my result. I ran on Oro (earth) the sabotage mission as those mining things have a lot of hp and dont move aroung, making actual dmgtesting (not for shown numbers but applied dmg) possible (or at least a LOT easier^^).

Without Serration (meaning a completly unmodded ignis), i used ~85 ammo on the mining machine. With maxed Serration i used ~35. Looks pretty much like the bonusdmg is applied for Serration, although the numbers popping up as dmg do seem pretty much the same. Cant say anything about the other mods (Heavy Caliber/Bane) or Weapons (...) as I didnt test it, but it seems like things work just fine.

Also, I can run elara (Jupiter Survival) solo over 25 mins with my ignis without ammo/dmg problems and without serration I barely scratched the 15 mins and had to switch to secondary.

So yeah, concluding for myself: serration is working just fine on the ignis, although it would be nice to actually have the numerical dmgoutput increase with the mod. 

This is invaluable information. Thank you so much.

I personally just did several runs on Xini to test the damage. It looks like the numbers are the same as pre 11.1.2; serration and heavy caliber shows no significant number difference, while hellfire and wildfire mod boosts the damage tick number immensely

I may have to test the weapon on boss and time the results...

Here's how continuous-fire weapons work.

They deal a very, very large number of tiny damage tics. These tics are added up until they reach an arbitrary number and then displayed to the user. Increasing the size and/or number of the tics does not increase the aforementioned number. It simply causes it to be displayed more often.

Base-Damage and Multishot mods are working just fine.

Edited by GottFaust

Here's how continuous-fire weapons work.

They deal a very, very large number of tiny damage tics. These tics are added up until they reach an arbitrary number and then displayed to the user. Increasing the size and/or number of the tics does not increase the aforementioned number. It simply causes it to be displayed more often.

Base-Damage and Multishot mods are working just fine.

So what I gather from this is that multishot, let's say for Ignis, should cause more damage numbers to be displayed.

However, when I tested on mobs using 1 ammo at a time, I only saw 1 damage number popping up.

Now, I don't claim to know precisely how multishot works for continuous fire weapons, but if the mod does work, shouldn't we be seeing 2 damage numbers with 1 ammo?

Since the purpose of multishot is to effectively create another "shot", the mob should be hit twice and thus should show 2 damage numbers. 

I know what I saw in my tests (unless I'm delusional). If someone else could do what I did and prove/disprove my results, that'd clarify a lot of things.

I'm gonna go do more tests.

Edit: So I just went and did a sabotage mission and tested clean Ignis vs Multishot-only Ignis.

In 4 kills, clean Ignis used 80-84 ammo per car-thingy. 

In 4 kills, multishot-only Ignis used 44-46 ammo per car-thingy.

Conclusion? Multishot is working. Though I do not understand why only 1 damage number shows up.

Edited by Loli-kon

I have a flux rifle, ignis, spectra, and synapse, and I can safely say none of them are netting me the damage numbers they ought to be doing according to the stats in the arsenal. So either the arsenal is bugged, or the continuous weapons are. I really wish DE would post more "known issues" threads, we still have no idea of they're even going to "fix" the lack of Ember Prime's polarity slot.

I have a flux rifle, ignis, spectra, and synapse, and I can safely say none of them are netting me the damage numbers they ought to be doing according to the stats in the arsenal. So either the arsenal is bugged, or the continuous weapons are. I really wish DE would post more "known issues" threads, we still have no idea of they're even going to "fix" the lack of Ember Prime's polarity slot.

Try doing what I did and go test the damage on the sabotage car things.

You should be noticing that the ammo use is significantly less when modded vs not modded.

I don't think the arsenal is bugged; it's probably just that the damage you see in-game is not reflective of the arsenal.

Someone above said you see more numbers popping. I personally didn't test this, but my testing with ammo use satisfied me so.

someone should take screenshot and so we can compare the damage. I know you can do it in game but it would help if we have some visual information here not just written.

I just got my maxed Heavy Cal and Serration. I'm gonna test this tomorrow.

Following on from Y4gers's testing:

http://youtu.be/YB3KzRfRinE

(clip still uploading. should be ready in about 20 mins)

Comparing unmodded vs Serration, Split Chamber, Heavy Caliber, Speed Trigger, Speed Trigger + Shred, and for giggles, Serration + Heavy Caliber + Split Chamber + Hellfire + Firestorm.

Serration, Split Chamber and Heavy Caliber do obviously increase damage.

Rate of fire mods, such as Speed Trigger and Shred, have no affect.