The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slime Themed Warframe?

(PSN)Lunar_Warp

Something I've been wanting to see for a while is a Slime Warframe. Here's my idea for its abilities. I'd love to hear others thoughts on this. This is just a draft I put together in a few minutes so I could get this topic out here. I really want to hear other people's ideas on how a Slime Warframe could work. 

●Passive: Caustic slime covers its body dealing damage to any enemies who touch it. Basically deals damage and leaves a status on any enemies that melee you.

The color of the slime determines the damage type of Passive and Abilities. Similar to Chroma. 

●First Ability: Its arm liquefies into a Slime tendril that stretches forward. If it hits and enemy it pulls them to you, if it hits a surface it pulls you to it.

●Second Ability: This liquefies its whole body and wraps itself around the target dealing damage and restoring health

●Third Ability: Leaves a puddle of Slime in where we stand, or at the target if held. This slime acts as a glue trap stopping enemies in their tracks and deals scaling elemental damage the longer it's active

●Fourth Ability: This frame fully liquefies into a blob of slime, sends multiple tendrils out in every direction grabbing any nearby enemies. Then pulls these enemies into its body where the slime eats them alive. Perhaps it can gain buffs through this.

Edited by (PSN)Lunar_Warp
Just to better clarify intentions for post
  • Like 4

The passive is basically just Frost's passive, and Frost's passive is terrible.

1 is identical to Valkyr's 1, and Valkyr's 1 is terrible.

2 sounds a lot like Inaros' 2, and Inaros' 2 is very likely the literal worst ability in the entire game.

3 seems like it could almost be a functional ability, but it's still low impact best case, and detrimental worst case.

4: Do you know Grendel?

With all due respect, it appears as though you've collected all the worst abilities that already exist in Warframe, and consolidated them into the single worst frame ever. Should it also have no shields for good measure?

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

2 sounds a lot like Inaros' 2, and Inaros' 2 is very likely the literal worst ability in the entire game.

3 seems like it could almost be a functional ability, but it's still low impact best case, and detrimental worst case.

With all due respect, it appears as though you've collected all the worst abilities that already exist in Warframe, and consolidated them into the single worst frame ever. Should it also have no shields for good measure?

Shh, this was actually a stealthy way to make devs buff these abilities. Cant ignore them when theyre concentrated in one warframe. Also Id advocate for no health rather than no shields because we dont have any frame like that yet and it would be just as bad as no shield ones.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

This was just meant to be an initial draft in essence. Cut me some slack seeing as I literally just came up with the abilities in a few minutes just so I can get the Slime frame idea out there. Something to start with and build off of. 

That being said if you've got better ideas of how a Slime frame could work I'm all for it. I want to hear how others think a Slime Warframe could be done.

I'll even edit the post to better clarify my intentions. I tend to forget to mention details when typing, especially later at night. (Posted this around midnight) 

I like the idea of the theme, but I think you don't go far enouth with the theme with your current abilities.

You know what a Slime can do in most video game ? They can divide

[insert warframe name here] can make a copy of himself by cutting in half his max HP. The copy have the same weapon as you and you both have 50% dodge chance when the ability is active. If your copy die, it drop a pile of slime than you can take to go back full life and recast this ability. If you die when your copy is alive, you take control of your copy and the pile of slime drop where you died.

Yeah, I just realise when writing than it's very similar to Wukong's clone, but you can't say it doesn't fit for a Slime frame.

Edited by Okaazkul
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Okaazkul said:

I like the idea of the theme, but I think you don't go far enouth with the theme with your current abilities.

You know what a Slime can do in most video game ? They can divide

[insert warframe name here] can make a copy of himself by cutting in half his max HP. The copy have the same weapon as you and you both have 50% dodge chance when the ability is active. If your copy die, it drop a pile of slime than you can take to go back full life and recast this ability. If you die when your copy is alive, you take control of your copy and the pile of slime drop where you died.

Yeah, I just realise when writing than it's very similar to Wukong's clone, but you can't say it doesn't fit for a Slime frame.

Well basically a slime warframe would be a mix of hydroid and wukong anyway. You need to be able to become a puddle and go under doors or something and then ofc duplicate and reform yourself.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

Let's... hmm...

Other players have taken apart the concept as proposed. How about I take a crack at a Slime theme too, see what you like about it?

Spoiler

Slime Warframe: Demulcent (means 'soothing', like a soothing ointment)

Passive: Direct contact with enemies staggers them and inflicts one stack of Corrosive Status to them. Direct contact with allies grants them temporary Status Immunity. While moving, leave behind a trail of slime for a few seconds that has the same effect to allies and enemies that make contact with it.

1. Mordant Strike.

Hurl a wave of caustic slime towards your enemy. Cast in a cone of effect, deals low damage, all enemies affected instantly gain stacks of Status based on their current Health type (such as Magnetic and Electric for Shields, Gas and Radiation for Infested Flesh/Sinew and Corrosive and Viral for base Health or Armour). Marks enemies on cast for 50% chance that enemies will spread their remaining stacks of Status to other enemies in range once per second (this also applies to status effects that are placed on them by other methods). If Allies are in the cone of effect when cast, all effects of Mordant Strike (damage, stacks of Status, radius of Status spreading) are doubled.

Ability Synergy: Enemies dealt Status by Mordant Strike will take increased damage from Eroding Wave for every Status type affecting them.

Ability Synergy: Allies affected by Cerate Flow will gain increased Status Chance for a Duration.

2. Cerate Flow.

Burst with a wave of healing slime that can harden into an active shell when health is full. AoE pulse. For every enemy affected, all allies in range are healed for X Health. This affect is increased for every Status affecting the enemy. If Health is full, allies gain Overguard.

Ability Synergy: Allies affected with Cerate Flow gain increased Status Chance for a Duration when hit by Mordant Strike.

3. Furious Embrocation.

Cast living slime to your allies to support their efforts. All allies in Affinity Range gain increased attack speed, reload speed and Parkour speed. Allies affected with Furious Embrocation will restore X Energy to all allies in Affinity Range when they kill an enemy with more than four Status Effects on it. This effect is still valid if allies have an active Drain ability.

Ability Synergy: Allies affected by Furious Embrocation will gain 100% Ammo Efficiency for X seconds when touched by Eroding Wave. 

4. Eroding Wave

Slam the ground and expand an orb of deadly slime. Temporarily turn invulnerable while you send out an expanding wave of slime (energy cost and drain similar to Gara's 4). Enemies hit take high damage, are slowed, staggered and will have their Defenses reduced by 50%. Defense reduction takes effect before damage is dealt.

Ability Synergy: Allies affected by Furious Embrocation will gain 100% Ammo Efficiency for X seconds when touched by Eroding Wave. 

Ability Synergy: Enemies dealt Status by Mordant Strike will take increased damage from Eroding Wave for every Status type affecting them.

So...

Any thoughts?

Team support frame with the option for Ability-based kills as well as some solid weapon buffs for both herself and allies. The personal/team Energy restore function will work well, as long as you have a second Status applicator that can give you that consistent Condition Overload effect. This will also give you even more damage on her 4, even more Healing/Overguard on her 2, and more Status Spreading for enemies marked by her 1.

Group enemies, Mordant Strike, Prime and then blast them with Eroding Wave for pretty fireworks. Meanwhile your entire team is happy and just having a Companion with you will have benefits, too.

Keeps the slime theme, but applies it to methods that will work with Warframe's faster paced movement, but also with the missions that require you to stay in place for a while.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Other players have taken apart the concept as proposed. How about I take a crack at a Slime theme too, see what you like about it?

I like the overall direction but personally I would not gate the buffs behind the combo effects ( just a personal naming convention I call combo any conditional component off a skill only accessible thought another skill cast. I call synergy any skill that just happens to easily fulfill the other skill Condition ( be it number of status effects , gathering enemies , enemy mid air , facilities a head shot ). If I were to gate them o would make the symbiotic Slime some kind of tamagochi that the player has to feed to keep alive and well.

Here my take on your take 

Passive - true omnivore- Slime has no armor but can consume any exesive drop ( excessive munitions , health drop , energy drop ) to gain overguard. Overguard gain scales with current enemy level ( scaling similar to the formula for enemy damage. This barrier decays. This barrier is tracked by a unique hud element to prevent confusion with the decay.

saprotrophism - hurls a have of caustic smiles that digests enemies into health , energy and ammo drops. Drop rate scales with the enemies health , shield and armor respectively.

Note: enterely new skill based on the absorbing the stuff lying around stick.

2. Cerate -cost half of the current barrier.

Brust with a have of smile that will quickly solidify into a protective layer for all allies hit. Gives overguard equal to the barrier spent.

Note: just removed the healing in favor of bigger overguard given that healing is already covered by the drops.

3. Lethal progeny edit ( %o f current barrier )

Divides herself leaving multiple small smiles that will seekout enemies or allies to attach too. Smiles attached to enemies feedupon elemental energy increasing in size and periodically blowing up showering enemies in status effects. Smiles attached to allies feed upon excessive drops and grant buff based on how well they were fed ( whatever buffs you want to shove here)

Edit: Thinking of it might as well make the buffing version a comapanion that rolls around the ally and buff them and react to their behavior like becomeing a translucent wall when the plyaer aims dowsight. Shoves slimes into their barrel belt feeding the gun. given that their hp woul also scale with the barrier that scales with enemy level they would have no issue surviving

4. As is.

22 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

frame with the option for Ability-based kills as well as some solid weapon buffs for both herself and allies. The personal/team Energy restore function will work well, as long as you have a second Status applicator that can give you that consistent Condition Overload effect. This will also give you even more damage on her 4, even more Healing/Overguard on her 2, and more Status Spreading for enemies marked by her 1.

Flavour wise I just tought it was missing that growing smile that eats feeling so reworked the passive. It had a lot off digestion ( acid ) but no absorbing. Them I rolled the 1 and 3 functionality into just one skill , moved the energy support to the new 1. The conditional buffs where rolled into the tamagochi thing ( helps to sell the whole living thing for the supporting smile ). The ult did not change it all because I saw no need for any change ( the synergies would need to be reworked but that's it)

Edited by keikogi