The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultimate Forma - does anyone talk about it?

Ira_Sanguinos

Has anyone talked about it?
Imagine you are in such scenario. You have Volt and you want to have two builds for him but they are completely different and require different polarities.
Am I the only angry person who hates that Aura Forma exists but DE did not add something like Aura Forma for regular slots?
I mean Aura Forma is cool and easy to get, but why is Umbra Forma so difficult to get if it's not as useful?
Wouldn't it just be better if DE added something like Aura Forma but it required all other formas? We have 4 Forma types so it's a perfect foundry ingredient list...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ira_Sanguinos said:

Probably, a long time ago. Usually it's getting only BPs from relics or the crafting time that i've seen people moaning about.

why is Umbra Forma so difficult to get if it's not as useful?

Excellent question, especially after not getting a place to fully utilize umbral builds post new war. It's arguably the least useful of all Forma types now..

Wouldn't it just be better if DE added something like Aura Forma but it required all other formas? We have 4 Forma types so it's a perfect foundry ingredient list...

I think they'd prefer to keep something like that strictly monetized, and rarely available any other way, much like Riven Slots. Also itd take like 4-5 days to make one from scratch, so i don't think people would approve of that either.

IMO We already have too many forma types, and if this suggestion were to happen, i'd prefer it to simply replace all other Formas and streamline the process completely.it's a bit too convenient though lol.

13 minutes ago, Ira_Sanguinos said:

Imagine you are in such scenario. You have Volt and you want to have two builds for him but they are completely different and require different polarities.

In that scenario I build another Volt.  :P  (For real too: I'm not into Volt, but I've got four Banshees, three Nezhas, and two Kullervos. :P  Not that this is a lot compared to some obsessed people with more than a hundred duplicates of one frame, lol.)

Anyway, I've been predicting a multi-polarity system of some sort for years.  I still think it may come.  However if it does,  I expect it to be only somewhat easier than building a duplicate frame and polarizing the hell out of that.

Its talked about plenty. It doesn't have a concrete way of describing it and is muddled with other "convenience" forma tricks that people try to suggest.

For me, keeping one to two slots open is enough to complement multiple builds given you are okay with losing out on 20% strength and not trying to min-max every build to its fullest potential.

4 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

In that scenario I build another Volt.  :P  (For real too: I'm not into Volt, but I've got four Banshees, three Nezhas, and two Kullervos. :P  Not that this is a lot compared to some obsessed people with more than a hundred duplicates of one frame, lol.)

This just FEELS wrong even though I'm trying to get used to it.
To me these warframes are just like people wearing the same clothing over and over again to the point they eventually need to be replaced (uh that phrase was pretty epic ngl xD)
Even if DE decided to make this idea real but cost like idk 100 platinum for one forma I would still buy it. it's just convienience, which is not common for DE to bring us.

• Like 1

This just FEELS wrong even though I'm trying to get used to it.

Even if duplicate frames were less punishing in terms of time, resources, plat, whatever compared to multi-polarity, there are some things about handling it that are definitely clunky.   Especially when there are more than 2 duplicates.

Edited by Tiltskillet

In my opinion an easier way to handle this would be to simply allow for separately forma'ed slots in different builds ("upgrade slots"). Which in turn could be handled by a "forma dislocator adaptor" or something, making that build slot separate from the other builds slots and allowing you to re-sort and forma slot without affecting the other builds. And vice versa, of course.

It's not more elegant or anything, compared to a "universal forma". I think it is a better approach since it would affect the current systems less. Logically it is just like having two warframes in one, the function is almost exactly like building another copy of the same warframe and forma'ing that differently. Which you can currently do (however, having all those warframe copies REALLY is a chore).

And while DE is at it, they could improve the warframe handling with a system that allows us to lock an "upgrade slot" and an appearance slot together, so that a certain build ("upgrade slot") would look the same way when you select it.

1 hour ago, Ira_Sanguinos said:

Yes, countless times...

Then make a Second Volt.

Am I the only angry person who hates that Aura Forma exists but DE did not add something like Aura Forma for regular slots?

Far from it, im not one tho.

I mean Aura Forma is cool and easy to get, but why is Umbra Forma so difficult to get if it's not as useful?

Honestly i see Umbral Forma as mostly unnecessary as most builds that use Umbral mods can be done with only 2 of them and dont require Umbral Forma.

Really wish DE added more Umbral mods into the game to give more value to the Forma.

Not sure how i would feel about it, most likely dont bother as im already used to the current system after a decade playing.

My only grudge with the whole Forma system is the long crafting time and the inability to craft multiple simultaneously.