The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I wish there were more ways to increase warframe ability range

iiReapzx

I was hoping that if we ever got new archon shards they could add one with +ability range, but after seeing the 3 new ones they revealed, I don't think that'll be the case.

Maybe DE could add a new arcane similar to Molt Augmented/Efficiency that gives ability range, or perhaps a new mod.

Does anyone else wish there were more ways to increase ability range? Or would that make some warframes too strong? Let me know.

I think they are pretty cautious about frame range due to nuke frames and stuff like that. Even grouping frames like Nidus/Khora can be a huge momentum swing in high level stuff (like I enjoy Nidus or Khora in Circuit, or even Booben) so I feel like range is one of the things they are less likely to sacrifice on, especially when it would be so easy to make a "primed stretch"

I guess they feel it should be a sacrifice to put overextended on a frame, but I have a couple good power/range frame builds you just have to make sure you have lots of energy and a way to replenish that energy if you have a lower efficiency build.

• Like 5

If they ever did add more ways to get range I'd expect it to be through a Corrupted mod with some massive draw back or a mod/arcane with annoying conditionals on top of only applying to one cast. As otherwise more free range would just be incredibly overpowered.

Personally the only mods/arcanes I'm interested in is more Corrupted mods or modifiers to stats that we've not had modding options for. Like mods that change the headshot multiplier, melee followthrough, or ammo efficiency.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, iiReapzx said:

would that make some warframes too strong?

yes. yes it would.

I can still hear the old echoes of "PriMeD StReTcH WhEn DE?!!", man, that takes me back...

massively increased range on some (not all) frames would be creeping into AFK/low effort nuke territory, which DE don't want to happen. having to get closer to enemeis to affect them with powers is one of the only risks we have to endure anyway, and that can be easily negated with any tanking ability.

• Like 5

Yeah, Archon Stretch/primed mods is the most notorious example of this not happening. All the other mods have a primed variant or something of a higher rarity than a normal one so it takes the new updated stat value off of that yet for archon stretch it is almost double the capacity to get the same range. And all the other archon mods have respective archon shards if you want to boost it's stat.

The other example of frame range being busted is absorb changes, where they had to deliberately change the ability and setting a hard cap because of it but that ability was hardly ever used to begin with.

The values we can achieve with range for some abilities are already pretty OP and to get maximum effort for some of them just requires a ton of work to get to that stage so I feel like it wouldn't become immediately busted for a handful of frames if we got a bump in range in the form of a primed mod with a bump in the archon stretch's range and archon shard stat as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FA22_RaptoR said:

I think they are pretty cautious about frame range due to nuke frames and stuff like that

8 hours ago, trst said:

If they ever did add more ways to get range I'd expect it to be through a Corrupted mod with some massive draw back or a mod/arcane with annoying conditionals on top of only applying to one cast. As otherwise more free range would just be incredibly overpowered.

1 hour ago, Numerounius said:

Yeah, Archon Stretch/primed mods is the most notorious example of this not happening

Yea you all make great points, it probably would be a bit too strong on a handful of frames. It's no wonder we haven't gotten a new source of ability range since Augur Mods (or technically Helminth Invigorations but those are temporary).

I think if they did ever add a new range source, it would probably be a Corrupted Mod as @trst said since that also forces a negative effect on you.

Not going to happen, unfortunately.

Range works differently to other stats. Strength, duration and efficiency are multiplicative, i.e. you multiply the stat with whatever you added on top of it. Range follows the formula of sphere volume that is radius to the power 3, i.e. the equation is not multiplicative, it is cubic. So compared to str dur and eff, the same increase in stat in range will give you an exponential buff out of proportion.

Are we going to see some buff to range? Maybe, but it will never be a straight increase in stat.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Oh, were the bonuses on all of them revealed?

So far just the Green and Orange shards have been revealed but I don't think anyone has been able to find what the Purple shard does.

But based on the stats from the Green and Orange, I'm guessing the Purple will also be based around elements. Like the Green one for example gives buffs to toxin and corrosive damage, and the Orange deals with blast, radiation, and heat. So I'd imagine a purple shard would probably be based around electric and magnetic and maybe even cold.

Edited by iiReapzx

I would definitely like a little more range on my Voruna but I can see why it would be problematic with others. I’m at 16m on her (2) spread but would really like it at 20-25 since there’s no grouping. Isn’t really a problem but more “boom” would be fun.

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, FA22_RaptoR said:

Booben

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

380 range with invigoration.

Max range Vauban (280%), plus invigoration (380%), plus relic crack (760%), makes for one hell of a group suck.

image.png?ex=65814b7c&is=656ed67c&hm=623

Oh, and +75% efficiency was the other side of that invigoration, because why the hell not spam a dozen of them at a time? lmao

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

Theres a reason why Range wasn't an option in the Archon Shards.

They're worried about making things just absolutely busted.

I think 90% of DE's history with Warframe is them not caring at all about stuff being busted.

I cannot look at the Torid incarnon or Revenant's mesmer skin or any of a half-dozen other things in just the last year or two and say with a straight face that DE gives two sh*ts about balance. Like, the one thing they did to tamp stuff down was nerf AoE spam, but that ended up barely mattering because a few months later the incarnons arrived.

This game is a silly power fantasy, and is so broken you'd have to be foolish to take it seriously. A few range archon shards isn't going to change that one way or another. 

5 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

I think 90% of DE's history with Warframe is them not caring at all about stuff being busted.

I cannot look at the Torid incarnon or Revenant's mesmer skin or any of a half-dozen other things in just the last year or two and say with a straight face that DE gives two sh*ts about balance. Like, the one thing they did to tamp stuff down was nerf AoE spam, but that ended up barely mattering because a few months later the incarnons arrived.

This game is a silly power fantasy, and is so broken you'd have to be foolish to take it seriously. A few range archon shards isn't going to change that one way or another. 

You clearly weren't here when 20m World on Fire was a thing. Reactant buff made it to 50m.

• Like 2

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Hexerin:

Volt exists, which renders that argument irrelevant. Wiping everything in 78.4m without even having to move.

What do you play, lvl 20 and lower? He can't even put a dent in Steel Path mobs. He can CC them, if he is build for that (massive range).

vor 7 Stunden schrieb ShogunGunshow:

Since Pablo and Reb took over, they really advanced a lot in that department. Imho, if the community would not be angry all the time, the game could even be in a much, much better state, but they are afraid.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

They care when it's actively detrimental. Incarnon's aren't since they're restricted by their ammo mechanics and Mesmer Skin isn't all that special when we have other ways to stay invulnerable plus being damage immune doesn't harm other players. Meanwhile AOE spam was the single solution to all content and was a zero effort/investment method for removing all gameplay from three other players.

If more free range was thrown into the game then low level missions would be even more automated than they are now and nuke builds (really just Thermal Sunder ones) would be even more dominant. Also if DE committed to adding such things then they'd either end up nerfing them which results in huge backlash from players who rushed for them or it'd push them to nerf the problematic abilities which again results in backlash.

• Like 1