The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework Defense Missions

IceBluetex

Defense missions are realy unsatisfying to play. Every few minutes enemies stop spawning and you have to search the remaining 2-3 enemies and wait for like 10 seconds afterwards. Why don't make it more fun? My suggestion is to make it that you have to kill a certain amount of enemies instead of waves. Make it so that enemies realy rush the objective instead of just waiting for them the whole time. Or even a time limit would be better, but the whole "Clear wave" stuff and waiting till the next wave starts isn't realy fun imo. 

• Like 2

Pertinent:

The core missions, be it exterminate or defense, do you think that they're in a good place right now? Could they also get a rework?

It would be a very strategic choice to touch those right now, they're so ubiquitous in the game. We probably won't. We intend to release an exterminate mission with Whispers in the Walls.
Some people want a very easy game mode, and we're not going to take that away from them.

From here: https://wccftech.com/warframe-whispers-in-the-walls-and-beyond-qa-with-creative-director-rebecca-ford/

I'm not suggesting you shouldn't present ideas for improvements, just mentioning some related context.

I do think it's perhaps notable that when improvements to these modes were mentioned, Reb was thinking in terms of them being too easy rather than needing to be streamlined or QoL'd.  Although in such a brief answer, I wouldn't jump to any firm conclusions either.

Just be aware that if you’re going to ask for a change on behalf of a room-clearing player who’s built themselves way beyond what the mission is designed or asks for specifically because it makes the game mode a breeze (and they could be doing higher-level missions but they opt not to), then that change is going to affect someone else who’s using alternative builds that align more with the content and actually fights.

Some stuff like enemies coming in waves instead of rushing all at once helps prevent someone who’s actually fighting from getting completely overwhelmed, since if enemies start hanging around long enough then they start piling up

Edited by (NSW)Greybones