Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Save Rollout Information & Status

[DE]CoreyOnline

il y a 3 minutes, (PSN)IGothBoi-I a dit :

attends mon pote, tu pourras probablement sauvegarder-fusionner-lien dans quelques heures, ou cette semaine !!!

I'm going to wait until tonight, but I'm fed up with it, and it suits me to take the pack in any case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jnuh said:

wait. so, just because someone copied a PC account to switch *just* to try it out on switch, they're no longer able to merge PSN and PC accounts?

YOU should've mentioned that BACK then. you're punishing a LOT of players for trying to play your game on a new platform. there has to have been a smarter, fairer way to do this without punishing players wanting to see warframe played on different consoles.

They did.  They always had it listed as a 1-time copy and it warned you that you wouldnt be able to do it again.

il y a 2 minutes, (PSN)IGothBoi-I a dit :

I'm going to wait until tonight, but I'm fed up with it, and it suits me to take the pack in any case.

But for my question, if I take prime access now, will I be able to do it or not?

2 minutes ago, ElKowek said:

They've said they're trying to get everyone in before the end of 2023.  Chill.  I had back surgery and can't use my PC for extended lengths of time and would love to be able to use cross save on my PS5, but I'd rather that process go smoothly than have a bunch of bugs and end up losing a ton of stuff.  People trying everything they can to jump the process is just gonna make it take longer.

So far they've added new waves of people each day but now that they're through founders and prime access I bet they'll get everyone else pretty quick.

• Like 1

hace 3 minutos, Drhalkur dijo:

They did.  They always had it listed as a 1-time copy and it warned you that you wouldnt be able to do it again.

Copy and merge are far from be the same, that warning is you were not going to be able to copy that PC account ever again, i don't belive when they do that were even thinking merges in the future, whats more starting cross save they don't need to allow copies ever again, since now you are going to be able to use one account everywhere.

for me the merge allows unify things and even clear data, in my case there's 3 accounts using space and resources and merge maybe allow me to get only one to mantain, but only for the restriction for "migrate" one time well thats a no cleanup option.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reknil said:

Copy and merge are far from be the same, that warning is you were not going to be able to copy that PC account ever again, i don't belive when they do that were even thinking merges in the future, whats more starting cross save they don't need to allow copies ever again, since now you are going to be able to use one account everywhere.

for me the merge allows unify things and even clear data, in my case there's 3 accounts using space and resources and merge maybe allow me to get only one to mantain, but only for the restriction for "migrate" one time well thats a no cleanup option.

Yes, copy and merge are different however expecting to be able to merge your account back into the account it was duplicated from just doesnt make sense.  I have 3k plat right now.  Say I'd done the account copy thing back then and hadnt touched my PC account since.  Would it make sense to you for them to allow the merge and give me 3k plat just because I didnt use it on pc after transfer?  It doesnt merge anyone's copied account for any platform.  If anyone took part in the one time account transfer for stuff I think they're ineligible for the merge according to the FAQ.

Its understandable for them not to want to give people doubles of stuff or extra plat just because they swapped platforms, spent the copied plat, and then merged their accounts and got it back.

1 minute ago, Drhalkur said:

Yes, copy and merge are different however expecting to be able to merge your account back into the account it was duplicated from just doesnt make sense.  I have 3k plat right now.  Say I'd done the account copy thing back then and hadnt touched my PC account since.  Would it make sense to you for them to allow the merge and give me 3k plat just because I didnt use it on pc after transfer?  It doesnt merge anyone's copied account for any platform.  If anyone took part in the one time account transfer for stuff I think they're ineligible for the merge according to the FAQ.

Its understandable for them not to want to give people doubles of stuff or extra plat just because they swapped platforms, spent the copied plat, and then merged their accounts and got it back.

Honestly I say... Do it.  Bite the bullet.  These are people who stuck with the game long enough to go through this.  Treat it as an early adopted bonus.  I'm not mad if they don't.  So what if someone gets some extra plat.  However much they get shows how much that person is dedicated... Right?

hace 1 minuto, Drhalkur dijo:

yeah but for me i don't expect duplicates also i'm not trying to merge the copied switch account, i wanna merge my PSN account that i created directly in my PS4 and a PC account that i create sometime later directly on PC, i don't even need copies of my stuff, if they decide to let me only with one copy of what i got it's fine for me, as i mentioned i only whould like got some prime consmetics that i got on PC and not in PSN and take advantage to get rid of multiple account generated over time.

if they decide this is final well that's it, it's more like a wishful thinking they allow me some kind of migration.

1 minute ago, Drhalkur said:

PC players who migrated to PS/Xbox/Switch are in general not asking to now merge them two accounts. They are stuck with the fact they created new accounts back in the day on say PC & Xbox, then they migrated the PC to PS/Switch, that migration now stops them merging the two accounts that where never linked PC & Xbox.

That to me seems harsh as both are seperate play throughs never linked or merged but are blocked by a PS/Switch migration. Now they have to chose to lose all progress on one or play the game with a very small market as they won’t be able to trade with a massive chunk of the player base if they stay seperate. 

• Like 2

hace 3 minutos, ScouserChris dijo:

PC players who migrated to PS/Xbox/Switch are in general not asking to now merge them two accounts. They are stuck with the fact they created new accounts back in the day on say PC & Xbox, then they migrated the PC to PS/Switch, that migration now stops them merging the two accounts that where never linked PC & Xbox.

That to me seems harsh as both are seperate play throughs never linked or merged but are blocked by a PS/Switch migration. Now they have to chose to lose all progress on one or play the game with a very small market as they won’t be able to trade with a massive chunk of the player base if they stay seperate. 

what i undestand from this whole process, the expectation is every account ends "linked" to an email and be more like a PC account this to be "cross save" compatible, so if they do the process to create a new email account and use it to create a new PC account and link it to the account they are going to be able to trade with everyone else.

The miss here is for the ones who want "Merge" accounts, in my case for trying to end with 1 account instead of the 3 i currently have, since i'm only able to link them then i remain with 3 accounts, which is a bummer but well i'll wait to see how this evolves.

2 hours ago, testwizard said:

we wouldn't be so mad if it was only recent.

Some of us migrated their account to Xbox or PS4 back in 2013/2014 , that is a long long time ago , triple dip ? You mean exactly what merging is for someone with 3 accounts , or 4.

Someone who did the merge 9/10 years ago gets completely blocked out from merging, meaning if they now have a switch or a different platform, those cannot be merged to the main account anymore.

In short, we are losing out merging any account and are stuck with the one.

There is a significant difference between managing multiple accounts over the years and duplicating or copying accounts via migration. When players manage multiple accounts, they typically play and progress on each account individually. On the other hand, duplicating or copying accounts through migration involves transferring the progress and items from one account to another, which is not the same as managing multiple accounts.

Additionally, migrating an account in the past often indicated that the player intended to play Warframe on a specific platform. It does not necessarily mean that starting from scratch was the desired outcome. When migrating an account, all the progress and items are transferred to the new platform, allowing the player to continue playing with their existing assets.  

No matter how I look at it it’s people trying to cheat a system and DE is not having none of it for the new era of there game and I’m here for it

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ScouserChris said:

i dont think you have heard of cross play. if its enabled you should be able to use switch to play with pc, xbox, or psn. aslong as you got the box checked in settings.

1 minute ago, Reknil said:

what i undestand from this whole process, the expectation is every account ends "linked" to an email and be more like a PC account this to be "cross save" compatible, so if they do the process to create a new email account and use it to create a new PC account and link it to the account they are going to be able to trade with everyone else.

The miss here is for the ones who want "Merge" accounts, in my case for trying to end with 1 account instead of the 3 i currently have, since i'm only able to link them then i remain with 3 accounts, which is a bummer but well i'll wait to see how this evolves.

Yeh I wanted to merge my PC (MR21) and Xbox (MR18) both with plenty of prime purchases and plat but unfortunately I’m in the line of blocked accounts from doing it due to trying out the PC>Switch port. Now seems a big mistake supporting that as it means I miss out on linking the two main platforms and accounts progress I enjoyed all my hours on.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Reknil said:

just to be clear, you create one PC account, that you migrated to switch, played some there and thats it,
then you created a new account in PC and it's the one you currently use:

so what you want is merge the Switch and the new PC account togheter.

if this is right, then yeah you are the same as me, you cannot merge that switch account only for the fact is started as a migrated account.

Yes I’m hoping that I did not first create a pc account but I’m not sure. We will see. :)

And even so there are “ok” workarounds like trading stuff from your old account to the new account (in a way that won’t violate the rules I guess).

Even just cross save will be incredible. I won’t have to lug my laptop, cables, and dongles around when I just want to sit and play on the couch. I can use Switch, or, play on my Xbox which is upstairs on the largest tv. :)

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Jokerfadew said:

No matter how I look at it it’s people trying to cheat a system and DE is not having none of it for the new era of there game and I’m here for it

I don’t get the look of players trying to cheat the system, these players supported DE by playing across all platforms. Majority would have bought plat/cosmetics/prime access across all platforms so put in a lot of investment into the game. There not really asking for much with the support they have gave over the years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ScouserChris said:

Yeh I wanted to merge my PC (MR21) and Xbox (MR18) both with plenty of prime purchases and plat but unfortunately I’m in the line of blocked accounts from doing it due to trying out the PC>Switch port. Now seems a big mistake supporting that as it means I miss out on linking the two main platforms and accounts progress I enjoyed all my hours on.

See this is valid unfortunately for him he did a PC to Switch Migration… 

he had two separate playthroughs but since he migrated one he’s ineligible.I find this tragic because I don’t know if DE gave a disclaimer for the players that they won’t be eligible for future migrations but I will say this. Before you link your accounts trade everything to the one you wish to main

hace 1 minuto, Gerlon. dijo:

Yes I’m hoping that I did not first create a pc account but I’m not sure. We will see. :)

And even so there are “ok” workarounds like trading stuff from your old account to the new account (in a way that won’t violate the rules I guess).

Even just cross save will be incredible. I won’t have to lug my laptop, cables, and dongles around when I just want to sit and play on the couch. I can use Switch, or, play on my Xbox which is upstairs on the largest tv. :)

yeah for the plat and some stuff are not a problem maybe we can ask a friend help to trade it from one account to another, my real bummer is the cosmetics that get "attached" to the account and are not tradeable, i whould love to get them in my main account since from years was cheaper get PL on PC and in PSN is very expensive

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Jokerfadew said:

There is a significant difference between managing multiple accounts over the years and duplicating or copying accounts via migration. When players manage multiple accounts, they typically play and progress on each account individually. On the other hand, duplicating or copying accounts through migration involves transferring the progress and items from one account to another, which is not the same as managing multiple accounts.

Additionally, migrating an account in the past often indicated that the player intended to play Warframe on a specific platform. It does not necessarily mean that starting from scratch was the desired outcome. When migrating an account, all the progress and items are transferred to the new platform, allowing the player to continue playing with their existing assets.  

Sorry but your last sentence is just wrong. There are plenty of people in this situation just asking for the same as what others will get and nothing extra or cheating. Sure there are those who could be using this to “cheat” but saying it’s all those asking for this is just not correct. 

5 minutes ago, Gerlon. said:

Sorry but your last sentence is just wrong. There are plenty of people in this situation just asking for the same as what others will get and nothing extra or cheating. Sure there are those who could be using this to “cheat” but saying it’s all those asking for this is just not correct. 

Wether your doing it intentionally or not doesn’t matter it’s a potential exploit that’s not worth it for the game’s economy