The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 35: Whispers in the Walls

[DE]Megan

I don't see any fixes for riven tasks. Killing dargyn pilots didn't count to progress at all, no matter how you kill them.For some tasks progress could reset mid-mission or after leaving.

and same as before:

• mag, mirage and mesa locking their abilities (and sometimes weapons),
  • ash's 4 showing wrong numbers,
  • slams from operator launching you in the wrong direction or failing,
  • waypoints(not just in duviri), codex/simulacrum scans,
  • yareli bugs,
  • exalts being unmodded in duviri(and even if that's not a bug, that's a very bad feature that isn't explained anywhere).
  • kahl getting stuck in a rampart on a "Junk run mission"
  • not enough enemies spawning in railjack skirmish missions

• Like 4

Here we go again.

Already saw a crash in the first 5 minutes , doesnt bode well.

I have crashed to desktop 4 times so far and considering how long some of the missions take i am not too interested in continuing at this moment.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

42 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Gain +10% (Tauforged: +15%) Ability Damage on enemies affected by Electricity Status. 

Gain +10% (Tauforged: +15%) Ability Damage on enemies affected by Radiation Status. 

Gain +10% (Tauforged: +15%) Ability Damage on enemies affected by Corrosion Status. 

Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks just very bad and pointless?

Let's say we have ability that deals 10k damage. Now I have a choice, I can insert single crimson shard and gain +10% ability strength and deal 11k damage, or I can grind for new resource, combine 2 shards, so now I have to inflict very specific status effect just to deal the same 11k damage?

And, also, ability strength can not only give you damage, it can increase amount of armor you strip, amount of health you recover etc. So what's the point with combining hassle just to downgrade all good 10% ability strength to 10% ability damage that only works within specific condition?

• Like 7

vor 50 Minuten schrieb [DE]Megan:

Fixed Clients being unable to skip mission intro cutscene if the Host skipped it before they loaded in. 

How many years did we wait for this?

I still remember when this broke. Could have just compared the last working build with the first bugged one to find the issue, but this was not on DEs radar.

• Like 5

• To address severe performance issues caused by the unlimited amount of Status Effects stacks that could be transferred by Contagion Bond, we have added a 100x stacks total cap to the Mod. 
  • Enemies can still be inflicted with Status Effect stacks even after hitting this cap. In other words, if 100x stacks have been transferred to an enemy from Contagion Mod, they can still receive more stacks from different sources. 

Ouch, no more 64k heat spreading continuously from my genocidial sentinel. 

• Like 4

no mention of yareli fixes & improvements anywhere?

side note: the frame disappearing thing happened again this monday. Wasn't able to record sadly

look I appreciate the work that went into this update but please improve her. it's been 2 years. there's been plenty of work done, no denying it, but she still needs more.

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 3

Looks like secondary outburst not consuming the correct combo count for clients is not listed here. And still the long lasting bug of projectile weapons punch through not working on transparent textures like railings and glass is not addressed or acknowledged after many updates.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for all the fixes!, but I couldn't help but notice that they fixed offset problems in the Commodore Prime Suit, but they didn't fix the other problems, especially in its texture/lighting of the metallic details :(

10 minutes ago, Agall said:

But Exalted Blade is melee :( It counts as melee damage/kills in every instance I've tried.

I think Skoomaseller's point was, ranged exalted weapons didn't get exilus or arcane slots when those upgrades were introduced.

(I'm neither for nor against exalted weapons getting these upgrades.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I think Skoomaseller's point was, ranged exalted weapons didn't get exilus or arcane slots when those upgrades were introduced.

(I'm neither for nor against exalted weapons getting these upgrades.)

Is this confirmed? I'm hoping to verify it without pulling out my Steam Deck or waiting another 6 hours to check myself.

The Exilus slots in this case are unique since its related to the new heavy attack system yeah?

Edited by Agall

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Added on-hover tooltips to Mods with unique effects. Mods with a special mechanic will now appear bolded in its description indicating that you can hover over it to learn more about it.

I absolutely love this feature! It puts important info exactly in the spot where users need it. I hope to see this expanded in the future, to also apply to abilities, and display more information. For example to label what kind of damage bonus you get from a certain mod (Base Damage bonus (serration) vs. Enemy-Type bonus (Bane, Roar) vs. Final Damage bonus (Eclipse)). This is a major reason for the obscurity warframe's modding system, and this UI is perfectly suited to provide users with the necessary information that's currently wiki-exclusive. If info becomes too numerous, a toggle in the option "show advanced information" could be introduced (off by default) on which these math-related tooltips depend.

Imagine if you acquire a new mod like Master's edge and immediately knowing, ingame shown, how its damage bonus combines. Or seeing on Melee Animosity how the stacks exactly behave: Does acquiring a new stack refresh the other's duration? Do they drop off one-by-one when the timer ends, or all at once? Imagine having an ingame indication about how different Arcane Avenger's +45% Critical Chance behaves from True steel's bonus!

By utilizing the power of keywords (like Overguard, Decaying Stacks, and whatever else we can come up with) and this UI, Warframe can become _so much more_ transparent.

6 minutes ago, Agall said:

Is this confirmed?

It's confirmed that I'm neither for nor against exalted weapons getting these upgrades.  Otherwise, no idea. :P

7 minutes ago, Agall said:

I'm hoping to verify it without pulling out my Steam Deck or waiting another 6 hours to check myself.

You'd have to finish the quest and install the new segment first to verify it yourself, so don't bother unless you've got some time.

I haven't done the quest yet, and there's no hint of a new slots on melee weapons (or Exalted Blade) that I can tell.