The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removed Mastery Rank restriction and yet why Vay Hek is still locked until MR5?

--CF--Tonfo

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)zThulsaDoomz said:

Is this really an argument about who gets to participate earlier in one of the most annoying activities in the game?

No, it’s about why that is the deciding factor of if you can unlock steel path or not. You need all nodes completed, Vay Hek is MR locked so you can’t complete all nodes, so no steel path. See the correlation? 

17 hours ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

MR is pointless. 

Yes but my point was, the only reason you would ever even be below MR 5 by the time you have a fraction of a chance against steel path, is if you intentionally avoided gaining mastery. It's downright difficult to get to steel path without stumbling over enough mastery along the way unless you specifically know how to avoid doing it.

The missions you need to get there alone cover nearly half the mastery needed. Two warframes, two sets of weapons, a sentinel, and it's weapon cover the rest, give or take a bit. Basically any attempt to replace your starting gear and fill your companion slot guarantees MR5 by the time you can access steel path. Bear in mind, after the starting gear, the main story gives you a warframe (with an exalted weapon), 5 weapons (Broken war, Broken scepter, Skiajati, Rumblejack, and nataruk), and gives you an amp (sirrocco); And forces you to get an amp before the sacrifice, an arcwing (with two additional weapons), railjack, and a necramech (with one additional weapon and an exalted weapon). You literally can't even get to steel path without getting enough gear to hit MR 5.

So it's a pointless complaint. If you get to a point where you want to access steel path and you're not already MR 5, you're ether not increasing your MR on purpose for some dumb arbitrary reason that is 100% on you, or you've been playing the game for months without realizing it's possible to equip new weapons.

The game doesn't need to accommodate players that deliberately refuse to engage with it's core progression.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

On 2023-12-19 at 4:17 PM, (PSN)Unstar said:

Vay Hek is a tedious and frustrating boss even when you're overpowered.  The later that new players get access to this mess of a fight, the less frustration they'll experience, and the less likely they'll be to quit the game because of it.

On 2023-12-19 at 4:28 PM, Kadingir said:

Players  with MR5 is still  new. DE can rebalance Hek if there's a problem.

I used redeemer to fight him because infinite ammo barely exists to newbies...

Of course you could beg in recruiting chat for a carry but that's not really advertised to newbies

11 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Yes but my point was, the only reason you would ever even be below MR 5 by the time you have a fraction of a chance against steel path, is if you intentionally avoided gaining mastery. It's downright difficult to get to steel path without stumbling over enough mastery along the way unless you specifically know how to avoid doing it.

The missions you need to get there alone cover nearly half the mastery needed. Two warframes, two sets of weapons, a sentinel, and it's weapon cover the rest, give or take a bit. Basically any attempt to replace your starting gear and fill your companion slot guarantees MR5 by the time you can access steel path. Bear in mind, after the starting gear, the main story gives you a warframe (with an exalted weapon), 5 weapons (Broken war, Broken scepter, Skiajati, Rumblejack, and nataruk), and gives you an amp (sirrocco); And forces you to get an amp before the sacrifice, an arcwing (with two additional weapons), railjack, and a necramech (with one additional weapon and an exalted weapon). You literally can't even get to steel path without getting enough gear to hit MR 5.

So it's a pointless complaint. If you get to a point where you want to access steel path and you're not already MR 5, you're ether not increasing your MR on purpose for some dumb arbitrary reason that is 100% on you, or you've been playing the game for months without realizing it's possible to equip new weapons.

The game doesn't need to accommodate players that deliberately refuse to engage with it's core progression.

Umm, yes. That’s exactly what I did. And if I could show you my MR0 account, you’d probably take back half the stuff you just said, if not all. Nothing you said is an issue. 

But to each their own. 

7 minutes ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

Umm, yes. That’s exactly what I did. And if I could show you my MR0 account, you’d probably take back half the stuff you just said, if not all. Nothing you said is an issue. 

But to each their own. 

Bruh, I mean no disrespect but you have no idea what you’re talking about. Getting warframes and weapons isn’t an issue. Even at MR0. Now how you get them is the real question. Which I have the answer to because I did it, and I would gladly provide screenshots. 

21 hours ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

But to each their own. 

Let me just TLDR my point so you understand.

The game does not need to accommodate your self-imposed challenge run

Requiring MR5 to reach steel path is not even remotely problematic. Because the game ether outright gives you, or forces you to get, all you need to get that much mastery by the time you have access to all the nodes anyways.

That's it.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, PollexMessier said:

Let me just TLDR my point so you understand.

The game does not need to accommodate your self-imposed challenge run

Requiring MR5 to reach steel path is not even remotely problematic. Because the game ether outright gives you, or forces you to get, all you need to get that much mastery by the time you have access to all the nodes anyways.

That's it.

Bruh.. you missed the point. You think I’m here because I’m having trouble reaching MR5? And shows how much you know, the game doesn’t force you to do anything. So stop talking about things you know nothing about. 

...I truly don't see the issue here, hitting MR5 is such a low asking point that most people might hit that by accident if they even remotely build out an arsenal,

I mean every weapon that goes to 30 will give 3k, every Frame, Archwing and Companion gives 6k and you get 1k per junction completed.

So if we factor every Credit buyable MK1 weapon alone that's 21k, which is just short of getting to rank 3, which leaves 40k left to hit MR5.

If we also consider that the player's starter Warframe, free Taxon (which also gives another 3k for the weapon) give 15k and the Odonata+Archweapons from the Archwing quest (which is another 12k fully leveled) you wind up with 27k from all of that (leaving 13k if you've leveled every MK1 weapon).

The amount of Mastery points you can get starting from zero is positively nuts.

• Like 1

Just now, Aldain said:

...I truly don't see the issue here, hitting MR5 is such a low asking point that most people might hit that by accident if they even remotely build out an arsenal,

I mean every weapon that goes to 30 will give 3k, every Frame, Archwing and Companion gives 6k and you get 1k per junction completed.

So if we factor every Credit buyable MK1 weapon alone that's 21k, which is just short of getting to rank 3, which leaves 40k left to hit MR5.

If we also consider that the player's starter Warframe, free Taxon (which also gives another 3k for the weapon) give 15k and the Odonata+Archweapons from the Archwing quest (which is another 12k fully leveled) you wind up with 27k from all of that (leaving 13k if you've leveled every MK1 weapon).

The amount of Mastery points you can get starting from zero is positively nuts.

No need. You can progress without doing any of that. That’s my point. 

12 hours ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

Bruh.. you missed the point. You think I’m here because I’m having trouble reaching MR5? And shows how much you know, the game doesn’t force you to do anything. So stop talking about things you know nothing about. 

YOU missed the point.
I don't think anyone's having trouble reaching MR 5. That is my entire argument. The game hands it to you on a silver platter. It requires 0 extra effort aside from just progressing through the story. So the inclusion of an MR 5 requirement to progress isn't any sort of issue, or frustrating grind wall. Not even a mildly inconvenient grind wall. It's just there. It's entirely inconsequential to anyone playing the game normally.

You're here, because you don't want to increase your MR. Because you have some self-imposed restriction to not do that, and the game isn't allowing you to progress because of it. Which isn't the game's fault. It's yours. And not in a skill issue kindof way that you seem to be interpreting my words. Just pure unreasonable stubbornness and refusal to engage with the game's core mechanics. You've hit a wall because of it, and you want that wall removed so you can continue your self indulgent circle-jerk session with the rest of the people that think they're impressive for staying MR0 through the whole game, when nobody else thinks it is.

It's about as stupid as complaining the game doesn't let you progress past a certain point without using a gun, something I started out wanting to try because I initially hated shooters; Or complaining a Mario game doesn't allow you to progress without pressing jump. Which, in contrast, is actually an impressive feat to do when possible.

The game put a key directly in your path needed to open a locked door later, you jumped over it, and now you're complaining you don't have the key when all you need to do is go back and get it. Get over yourself.

Normally, I hate when people argue against a little inconsequential change that wouldn't negatively impact the playerbase at all. It's one of the most frustrating things I encounter when trying to make any suggestions on the forums. There's always that one guy that thinks something genuinely useful like an always sprint toggle is too inconsequential to be worth the development time. But this. This only impacts a microscopic fraction of the playerbase that are only being impacted by it because they're choosing to be. This is stupid.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

YOU missed the point.
I don't think anyone's having trouble reaching MR 5. That is my entire argument. The game hands it to you on a silver platter. It requires 0 extra effort aside from just progressing through the story. So the inclusion of an MR 5 requirement to progress isn't any sort of issue, or frustrating grind wall. Not even a mildly inconvenient grind wall. It's just there. It's entirely inconsequential to anyone playing the game normally.

You're here, because you don't want to increase your MR. Because you have some self-imposed restriction to not do that, and the game isn't allowing you to progress because of it. Which isn't the game's fault. It's yours. And not in a skill issue kindof way that you seem to be interpreting my words. Just pure unreasonable stubbornness and refusal to engage with the game's core mechanics. You've hit a wall because of it, and you want that wall removed so you can continue your self indulgent circle-jerk session with the rest of the people that think they're impressive for staying MR0 through the whole game, when nobody else thinks it is.

It's about as stupid as complaining the game doesn't let you progress past a certain point without using a gun, something I started out wanting to try because I initially hated shooters; Or complaining a Mario game doesn't allow you to progress without pressing jump. Which, in contrast, is actually an impressive feat to do when possible.

The game put a key directly in your path needed to open a locked door later, you jumped over it, and now you're complaining you don't have the key when all you need to do is go back and get it. Get over yourself.

Normally, I hate when people argue against a little inconsequential change that wouldn't negatively impact the playerbase at all. It's one of the most frustrating things I encounter when trying to make any suggestions on the forums. There's always that one guy that thinks something genuinely useful like an always sprint toggle is too inconsequential to be worth the development time. But this. This only impacts a microscopic fraction of the playerbase that are only being impacted by it because they're choosing to be. This is stupid.

Bruh.. and this is exactly what’s wrong with the warframe community. It’s gatekeepers like yourself that have no idea what they’re talking about but still wanna chime in their two cents. 

No one said I can’t progress. I’ve done everything there is to do before steel path, it’s just steel path that I don’t have access to. Minus some MR locked quests but they’re not necessary to progress either. So you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. Again. 

6 hours ago, Kronxito said:

MR5 isnt that difficult to achieve, is it?

Unblock Sedna.

Level up all the weapons and frames u got so far thanks to a mission in that planet called Hydron. 

Profit!!!

That’s not the issue. I don’t even care about MR restrictions, keep them, just make Oro node accessible another way. 

4 hours ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

That’s not the issue. I don’t even care about MR restrictions, keep them, just make Oro node accessible another way. 

Of course MR5 isnt the issue here.
It is actually a “you” issue. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, (PSN)MCSOLO_808 said:

Oh great. Another no name. 

Geez dude feels like you're completely missing the point, everyone here understands what you're doing but it's just pointless and not impressive to stay at Mr 0. 

The restriction is fine, it prevents new players from accessing a fight and content they can't handle early on, not like reaching Mr 5 is too difficult and it'll come naturally for someone playing the game normally.

If you want to stay Mr 0 for clout then go ahead, you were completely aware of what you were getting into when you decided to do that.