Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Slots And Inventory

Mhyrria

I am really enjoying the game, I was already thinking of buying the Starter pack in Steam. Then all of the sudden, after crafting several weapons to test, it says that inventory is full. WUT? I checked it, 9 inventory slots. 9!! For all 3 weapon groups! And only 2 warframe slots! I have never seen such limitations in a game, though I dont play F2P often. So for 2USD, we could get 1 warframe slot and 2 inventory slot (32 plat, 15 plat per 1USD) , that's pretty expensive. In another F2P, I could spend 5USD and get 100 storage slots. Though this is still in beta, it gave me a very bad impression. I am not asking for infinite inventory space, but 9 is ridiculous. I am not even gonna bother with the warframe slot. 2 slots(4 if free plat is spent) that is just... 

You can trade for plat by selling mods, so then you don't actually need to spend a cent in game. I think you have to be rank 2 though, to trade. 

Oh and, rank up your weapons to 30, then sell off the ones you don't like. Never sell a weapon unless it's been ranked to 30.

Edited by kuliise

Adding to kuliise's reply, Warframe is different to your usual MMORPG in that inventory works differently. You will notice that while your weapon and warframe selection is limited by the number of slots you have, the things you pick up while running missions can be stocked infinitly.

So for comparison, in Dungeon Leet Looter (fictional name) you want to collect the much needed resources for crafting? You need to spend dosh in inventory space. Not in Warframe. Also, with how the mstery rank system works, you can build an "entry level" weapon, level it to 30 while ranking up in Mastery, and sell it when you get a new mastery level, as some new weapons previously not available to you will now be.

And as kuliise said, try to sell a couple MODs while doing so and you are sure to have some extra plat for slots.

Hope it helps.

Think of warframe slots as character slots in a standard MMO and I bet you'll suddenly find plent of FTP MMOs where you are limited to a few characters only.

Further the weapon slots are more akin to shared staches in other MMOs, again something that is usually very limited in FTP games and that you have to pay for if you want more slots.

So really it isn't that far out of place for a FTP game.

Further, you can see your frames/weapons after you level them up to 30 and dont have a need for it.

I suggest you buy 1 more WF slot and 2 weapon slots so that you have some room to keep a frame or weapon you really like, but cycle through the rest and sell them as you finish leveling them up.

Also, as others have suggested, you can try getting into trading and making some plat that way.

I dont have any concerns spending money on a F2P game, provided it is worth the spend. The content is repetitive, that is a fact. Playing with different warframes and weapons make you run the same content but on a different gameplay, this is the only longevity of the game. And that is the only thing they gate with plat, cosmetics aside. Trading while earning you plat, deducts from another player. How long will the spenders stop spending, and plat is no longer coming into the economy? When that happens, I dont think players are willing to run the same content with the same warframes they have, max of 4 for none payers.

Yes, weapons can be sold, but only for the low tiers. I do not think anyone would be selling high tier weapons, considering it is hard to acquire one. And for each type of weapon (rifle, bow, axe, dual swords, etc), there exist top tier ones which you will hold on to. So if you want to have all top tier weapons per weapon type, you will lack inventory space to achieve this. Players can see this early in the game, some may accept this. I for one see this as a limitation to progression. 

I would rather they gate the grind and sell boosts rather than a very limited space for weapons and warframe. Perhaps in the future they might increase this. But I do not think players will sell their warframe they spent hours building so that they can try another warframe that they may or may not like.

I am really enjoying the game, I was already thinking of buying the Starter pack in Steam. Then all of the sudden, after crafting several weapons to test, it says that inventory is full. WUT? I checked it, 9 inventory slots. 9!! For all 3 weapon groups! And only 2 warframe slots! I have never seen such limitations in a game, though I dont play F2P often. So for 2USD, we could get 1 warframe slot and 2 inventory slot (32 plat, 15 plat per 1USD) , that's pretty expensive. In another F2P, I could spend 5USD and get 100 storage slots. Though this is still in beta, it gave me a very bad impression. I am not asking for infinite inventory space, but 9 is ridiculous. I am not even gonna bother with the warframe slot. 2 slots(4 if free plat is spent) that is just... 

The issue is that this is a bad system.

I know where you're coming from, but what no one realizes (and apparently DE doesn't either) is that those slots are tied to your Ranking.  Because every item that you can level (Weapons, Warframes) add to your Rank.  And quite a few weapons are locked behind this.  So effectively, DE has put all these things behind a paywall.  Which, in the long run, is a bad call.

By making a paywall, you're frustrating players, you're FORCING them to pay.  And people hate being forced, so they refuse to pay, even when in other situations they would, and happily.  Slots should not just be plat based.  There should be a mechanism, a blue print, a raid reward, something that allows you to add more slots to either weapons or warframes.  But make them rare, and hard to find.  This way, you can grind your way to them, or you could just pay and get one immediately.

Again, it's a very small price to pay compared to other F2P games. If spending $5 (or less, with login discounts) to buy a couple slots is the worst you have to shell out on a game, I'd say you're doing pretty well.

Here's the thing: "Free" to play games are not supposed to be entirely free. If they were, the model would never stand because... people need to make money. The idea is to arrange those pay walls in the best way possible so that people can play and enjoy the game yet still have inventive to spend money on certain things, and (especially) feel like it's worth it when they do. The latter is where most F2P games fall flat on their face and I really don't feel that's the case with Warframe, not yet anyhow.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I know where you're coming from, but what no one realizes (and apparently DE doesn't either) is that those slots are tied to your Ranking.  Because every item that you can level (Weapons, Warframes) add to your Rank.  And quite a few weapons are locked behind this.  So effectively, DE has put all these things behind a paywall.  Which, in the long run, is a bad call.

By making a paywall, you're frustrating players, you're FORCING them to pay.  And people hate being forced, so they refuse to pay, even when in other situations they would, and happily.  Slots should not just be plat based.  There should be a mechanism, a blue print, a raid reward, something that allows you to add more slots to either weapons or warframes.  But make them rare, and hard to find.  This way, you can grind your way to them, or you could just pay and get one immediately.

you do realize the only thing that you have to spend plat to get is inventory slots and your entire statment is basicly broadcasting that you dont want to A) put effort in the game/ play it and B) support the game and its company so it can make more games or continue to improve this one, not one other thing is gated by a pay wall, most games that are F2P have endgame content locked behind pay walls, or worse endgame Gear needed to play endgame content. DE cant just make a game for free they need somthing that generates revenue. its just like any pay to play/ payed game. this is unless you want them to start acting as an online add company and post adds all over there game(which would enrage more people then the inventory slot). by what your saying Why not say WOW(the most popular MMORPG) is a bad system because the whole game is behind a pay wall( I have to pay money to play the game each month) or call of duty is a bad system cause I have to buy the game. you are clearly a person who just doesnt want to pay for anything, and even more so doesnt want to support any game companys.

this is pure speculation, but i think i know why slots exist

DE releases helmets. they give them stats (mistake) so they have to release them for the free players. future statless helmets can still be aquired for free because if not it would be kind of unfair

they lose income, because people wont buy helmets.

DE has to keep the slot system to have some income.

Welcome to the Paywall.

• 1 month later...

I try to trade but nothing really happens. I'm sortta new and I'm pretty far ahead on in the game with oberon and equiped with paris, dex furis, and orthos. I would really like some more slots to put my weapons and warframe in but im still confused of how to trade. Do you like talk to people to trade or do you have to like go to your mod section and sel it from there? so confused plz help :(

• 3 months later...

THIS. don't give me that "You just don't want to pay and support the developers" bullS#&$. i happily grind hours for 1 extra warframe slot because it would be worth it and just buying it seems boring and it's just like click, yay i have it.. don't get me wrong sometimes that a good thing. for instance take formas they are extremely hard to get, even the blueprints so everyone just buys them but DE doesn't FORCE people to buy them if they want to grind for hours, that's ok too! this is what they should do on the warframe slots and weapon slots... especially the weapon slots. I would grind for 2 weapon slots and then buy 2 weapon slots probably

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yeah i crafted some weapons then all of the sudden i try to claim no more inventory slots left -.- and i only crafted 2 weapons its really Bad they should make this at least ranked like if you reach rank 4 you get 2 more slots or 1 for warframe slots but not credits Credits is too easy to make in 1 day you can make 100k just doing survival unlike Ranking your mastery its hard takes so long time cause you need to rank up Weapons and Warframes and its not enough we need to spend real money on formas and orokin reactors? no i know you can build them but its Extreamly Rare only in alert missions you get 1 orokin reactors or a forma blueprint im not saying they should make everything free its just that they put a price on Plat In ridiculous ways like slots they can make a really good Weapon with No blueprint just Platnium you can forget the orokin reactors and formas if you add Free inventory space warframe slots and weapon slots should be free in my opinion i played alot of Free to play MMo games and most of them i know for Boosters or rare items you need real money to buy them but not inventory space I really hope they change the inventory space cause its really going to &!$$ people who played the game and having fun all of the sudden Inventory is full please buy 12 platnium for 2 slots its like Surpise! you have to buy our platnium for more space! its like slaping your face after saying your game is good and great i have to say this is a beautiful game i know they worked hard for it but they really need to change this inventory space really im not joking i know you can trade but who trades Mods for platnium? i tried this no one even bothers now cause they rather keep hunting for super rare mods then use there platnium in trade dont forget scammers if they fix this inventory space and add it free or more at least more slots Not 2 come on at least 10 for weapons and 4 for warframes then just make the amount high once reached the limits like 40 plat for 2 spaces since you have 10 weapons and 4 warframes its still better then 2 warframe slots and 3 weapon slots -.- if they do this the game will be much fun and im telling you i played alpha when i saw this on Steam and i was blown away with New gameplay and trailers you can actully do things in the trailers all of it! your pulling your game from the best free to play game ever Don,t do this better game=more players more players= your game will be great hope you guys understand.

Edited by Shinjinators

dont get me started on planetside 2, worst F2P in terms of progression, around 700 player kills for 1 weapon. and they all look the same too.

I know planetside 2 -.- most of the weapons is like pay to win you need tons of game money to get even the weakest gun in the game wish that warframe wont do the same 

Don't you hate it when developers have to make money to stay afloat.

Yeah, and this bad bad devs wont even give us waht everything we want from the game without paying or playing at all! How rude! We cant play the game where nothing is spoon-fed!

I think it would nice if the slots were a bit cheaper, considering console players can't get plat discounts.  

It would also be nice if warframe rank unlocked weapon/warframe slots.  I don't mean 1:1 on that, obviously.  However, a Warframe slot every 4-5 master rank levels, and a weapon slot every 3-4 or something like that wouldn't be game-breaking, and would ease at least some of the paywall aspects.  Alternatively, it could be a diminishing returns progressions where you get 1 extra frame slot at 2nd mastery rank, 1 at the 6th, 1 at the 12th, 1 at the 20th - and/or other such permutations.

I say this as someone that actually has actually purchased a lot of plat/slots.  It wouldn't be an economy-breaker, and would ease the transition for new players that will probably find the slot restriction overly restrictive, especially early-on.  I think some slight rebalances to some weapons (especially earlier ones) to make them viable if a player chose to specialize would also help, as you're likely to use/try a lot of ultimately underpowered/unsatisfying weapons early on which will probably make you dislike the slot system even more.

You know, the devs have to stay afloat somehow. Having slots for frames and weapons, and cosmetics all boil down to platinum. 

This game does one thing that may not be available on many other games: Platinum can be traded between players. 

If you get yourself a good/rare card, you can trade it for platinum.

Or you can just wait for  50% discount promo, or may be lucky to get a 75% discount in the daily rewards. 

So, if you grind enough, you can get even the purchase-only stuff without spending a dime. 

You also get to be able to acquire all the Mastery points you can even with only the initial slots. It's just not as funny. Get some platinum here and there and eventually you will get slots for all frames, and a large enough inventory to keep all teh best weapons, and the occasional cosmetic. 

• 1 month later...

if you want plat for free (as in, without paying real world currency).

grind for a rare mod/mod commonly wanted/WTBed on the forums/chat.

then once you get the item(s), try your hand at the free market.

Edited by Guest

This only thing you ever need to spend plat on is these 2 things. Which are so cheap it's at the point where if you play the game and get some mods or prime parts you can get almost 1 slot for warframe or 2 slots for weapon from 1  decent trade.

Yes we're going to tell you the devs need money cause they do, this game is still free to play and as such has these implications which honestly warframe does better than any other free to play out there.

You are not being forced to by plat stop trying to be the victim of some greedy company when they let you keep as many weapons as you want and warframes as long as you get the slots for them. While at the same time being able to customize the damage and looks whenever.

Compared to most FTP games where either you get a weapon and keep it for maybe 5 days then it "expires" like a jug of milk, or it takes you a week of constant grinding to get 1 gun and then you gotta grind another whole week to get another, which won't be that different.

You CAN grind for slots just not directly. And I rather pay a prime parts worth of plat for a weapon or warframe slot than have my weapons expire after 2 days of play.