The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

heat status damage need a small change.

BloodKitten

currently how i see heat working is, it only deal damage if you stop applying heat and let the target burn, i think it should deal damage ticks without the need to stop fireing, you could as a balance give it a status duration simular to slash, you might not get to 1000 heat stacks, but it will constantly deal its damage without needing to stop applying heat damage to enemy.

16 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

currently how i see heat working is, it only deal damage if you stop applying heat and let the target burn, i think it should deal damage ticks without the need to stop fireing,

Where'd you get this idea?  Heat procs deal damage just fine even while they're being re-applied. 

You might be seeing a quirk with the way damage numbers are displayed.  It can be hard to pick out the heat ticks with a high RoF beam weapon for instance, but they're there.  The easiest way to see them is to stack up a bunch of heat procs in the Sim with a low damage weapon.  Something like the (non-Incarnon and not modded with Hornet Strike etc.) Atomos can only do two digits of damage with its direct hits, but stack up enough heat procs and you'll start seeing four digit numbers.  Those are accumulated damage from procs.