The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Design Council intentionally make Xaku into Sans?

Zahnrad

I'm probably just overthinking this but I started to think about the comparisons between Xaku and Sans from Undertale. Most obvious being Grasp of Lohk and the Skeletal form but I kept noticing more similarities the more I thought about it.

Even if this is entirely coincidental I thought it'd be funny to point out everything I noticed.

Xata's (Truth's) Whisper. Xaku augments his weapons with Void damage. In Undertale, Sans attacks are augmented by "KR" (commonly assumed to mean Karma or Karmic Retribution) which applies a poison effect to all his attacks

-

Grasp of Lohk (Void). Along with functioning like Gaster Blasters they are described as stealing enemy weapons, sort of like Telekinesis.

-

Xaku's passive gives him dodge chance. And using The Vast Untime increases this from 25% to 75%. Dodge being something Sans is known for in his fight since he's too squishy to take a single hit.

Vast Untime also halts the duration of his other active (non-subsumed) skills. Sans also has some ability to mess with space and time, due to him setting up attacks via blinking, changing the players position and even stopping time outside of his fight in one instance.

-

The Lost

Each of the sub-skills have names that could fit into the concept of a Judge, being Accuse, Gaze and Deny. Sans is known to act like a Judge for the players actions.

(I could also say The Lost refers to The Lost Child but I think that's a stretch even by this logic)

-

Gaze causes enemies to be stunned in place, which could be similar to the Blue Bones mechanic where you have to stop moving to avoid taking damage

This thread is intended to be more light hearted and not to be taken too seriously. I kinda just wanted to post my thoughts about this somewhere.

c2Bj7ad.png

Also random Xaku-Sans image I found ages ago because why not

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

What, there's a design council?

Seriously, I thought it was disbanded or something.
It was removed from the forums back before I took a break.

Did you get removed from it?

I used to be in the Design Council but uh...I kinda..."funposted" a bit too much and got kicked out for not taking the position seriously. Kinda my biggest regret in Warframe, Hope some day I can be invited back in. It was a privilage to be part of it and back then I was in an apathetic state towards the state of Warframe. Now I feel like I'd do anything to support Warframe again.

Anyway, my understanding was Xaku was a purely community driven Warframe.

The community listed a bunch of themes, then Design Council voted on the theme which was a "Broken" Warframe

I forget if the community came up with the ability ideas, but the end result was the same that Design Council voted on the abilities.

24 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Did you get removed from it?

Oh no, I'm not technically a founder. It was available but I'd been burned by "Founder Packs" in the past.

What really drew me away from buying it was that there was no trade at the time. You got your 3-4 frame slots 5-6 weapons slots and that was it. You had to pay to get more and while it wasn't very aggressive P2W. The conditions did make it that way. Groups would be asking for X frame and you'd have to wait 4 days to build it.

I'm glad for those who did buy it since trade was added not soon after and I try to support the game through Prime Accessories & Tennogen.
I know plenty of founders given my account age though and last I heard it was pretty much a fluff concept after a while and was removed from the forums.