The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let Energy Waves from Exalted Blade build up Combo Counter.

-CRONO-

Given that Exalted Blade doesn't have a Melee Arcane Slot, requires constant Energy to be used, and doesn't have access to mods like Blood Rush for example (or Rivens), I believe giving it the ability to build up Combo Counter with its Energy Waves for the new Tennokai system would be a welcomed addition.

I know without it Exalted Blade is still perfectly capable of cutting through all content (including Steel Path), but with the Infinite Punch Through of its Energy Waves, by the time I get to the enemies behind the current ones I'm attacking, they will already be dead or severely weakened (diminishing the chances of building up the Combo Counter).

I know that could be considered a fair trade-off, but with normal Melee Weapons not having penalties like Energy Consumption, and now having access to Melee Arcanes, I feel this change wouldn't be too overpowered.

EDIT: After some testing, the problem is even more noticeable in Multiplayer. Without the Energy Waves building up Combo, lots of enemies die before I can reach them for the actual melee distance of Exalted Blade.

Edited by -CRONO-
  • Like 4

EDIT: I just realized there's a specific Melee Expansion Feedback subforum, sorry I posted this here (would be great if it could be moved over there).

Edited by -CRONO-
Realized there's a specific subforum for the new Melee Expansion.

I completely agree. Atlas received an augment that increases the landslide path speed and this simply destroys enemies quickly. I feel like exalted blade has the same slow to kill problem caused by the projectile path.

off topic thought:

bows need speed porjectle modifiers for example, the new incarnon bows have the ability behind head hits actions but the bow projectile path combined with head hits is a much greater penalty than the bonus of activating the incarnon ability. honestly, incarnon bows should gain charges with melee hits, the situation gets worse on infested maps, the infested faction is simply a headless plague for automatc incarnon weapons, now think of bows...