The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Tennokai mods are your favorite?

Rixuel

The discipline one (proc every 4 hits, no RNG). More important than the Tennokai mod however is the stance you're using - there's some that have 4 seperate attacks in 1.4 seconds, and others that need 4 seconds or more.

Really made me re-evaluate all of the current stances. Some good ones are:

Four Riders (claws).

Eleventh Storm (sword and shield), in particular the forward combo.

Sinking Talon (dual daggers) - 4 attacks in 1.1 seconds!

Pointed Wind (single dagger) - 4 attacks in 1.2 seconds!

Seismic Palm (fists) - 4 attacks in 1.4 seconds.

Claws and all daggers also have forced slash on Tennokai attacks, so those are really looking good with rapid fire 12x heavy slash procs.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

More important than the Tennokai mod however is the stance you're using - there's some that have 4 seperate attacks in 1.4 seconds, and others that need 4 seconds or more.

I hadn't yet thought about min-maxing for more Tennokai procs, but that makes me wonder: is the number of "hits" scaled based on the number of enemies hit (ie - hitting 1 enemy is 1 chance for a proc, hitting 3 enemies is 3 chances for a proc)?  Because if so, weapon range would also be important to take into account.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

is the number of "hits" scaled based on the number of enemies hit

Not at all, every seperate attack (every button press, so only one chance if your button press causes a flurry of 4 attacks) that hits any number of enemies counts as one chance to proc Tennokai.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Not at all, every seperate attack (every button press, so only one chance if your button press causes a flurry of 4 attacks) that hits any number of enemies counts as one chance to proc Tennokai.

Ah, so it's every "press that connects".  Curious.

49 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

The discipline one (proc every 4 hits, no RNG). More important than the Tennokai mod however is the stance you're using - there's some that have 4 seperate attacks in 1.4 seconds, and others that need 4 seconds or more.

Four Riders (claws).

Claws and all daggers also have forced slash on Tennokai attacks, so those are really looking good with rapid fire 12x heavy slash procs.

Also daggers have the second highest follow through so that makes them insanely op for this.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Four Riders (claws).

Four riders is such an underrated stance happy to see someone using it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

Don't know, as I can't use Tennokai because DE refuses to acknowledge and fix the Operator Void Blast bug.

is this a controller thing i am too MNK to understand or did i miss something about this bug? does it only affect certain accounts or certain kinds of binds? 

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Four Riders (claws).

this is great advice and really shows how much depth was added to the melee system with tennokai. 

I've really only used tennokai on Exalted Blade so far, and I really like the extra duration+range mod. I run into the problem with other builds based on my keybinds for heavy attack that got broken when auto-melee was added. On both my middle mouse and scroll back keybinds, it'll regularly heavy attack twice, so tennokai will usually yeet my combo points. Less of a problem on Exalted Blade in the traditional build that doesn't use combo points.

There's only 2 worth considering, 3 if you squint.

1. Discipline's Merit
    1. Consistency booster
  2. Opportunity's Reach
    1. +Range and more generous window to use your free heavy.
  3. Condition's Perfect
    1. Melee doesn't have great +status chance outside of Weeping Wounds, so it's useful if you don't want to run a combo build I guess? Really borderline here