The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Got access to Cross-Platform Save even though I'm not a Founder

Ferbez

I've already described this situation to support (and got generic reply, which says something like "we all wait for Cross-Platform Save!") and made a post on General Whispers in the Walls Bugs subforum, though haven't got any reply. I hope I'll get at least some kind of feedback here - I'm not a Founder and I got access to Cross-Platform save on December 13th, around 15:00 PT (even earlier than Founders). I opened account management on the website and it said to me that "Cross Platform Save is available" and offered me to link/merge my accounts. I obviously thought that Cross Platform Save got released and tried to connect my Switch and PC accounts, making PC account main (I barely played on Switch). After a few errors (it gave me error #999 twice when I tried to merge, but I persisted) it finally successfully merged my accounts - I immediately noticed how amount of platinum changed on the website (adding starter 50 platinum from Switch to my PC account). I checked everything in-game and my progress transferred on Switch - and only then I decided to check news and forum, noticing that Cross Platform Save won't be available until December 14th (and only then it'll become available only for Founders). I also checked account management on the website again - and it now says that Cross Platform Save is "coming soon". I still haven't noticed any issues other than account management on the website says that Cross Platform Save is "coming soon". There's also other people who was able to enable Cross-Platform Save due to this bug - there was a post on Reddit mentioning this, though it is now deleted for some reason. I believe only issue for me is just that "coming soon" text in the account management on the website - everything else works perfectly.

23 минуты назад, CannaWhoopazz сказал:

Congratulations on the early rollout, I guess?  

Indeed, though I still believe I got lucky that my account didn't got annihilated, since my accounts got merged even before December 14th - my only issue right now is "coming soon" text instead of proper Cross-Platform Save settings on the account management page (sadly I haven't made any screenshots when I was merging my accounts). Still, it'd be nice to get some info about that bug from DE - I'm obviously not the only one who got early rollout this way

Edited by Ferbez

1 hour ago, Ferbez said:

I've already described this situation to support (and got generic reply, which says something like "we all wait for Cross-Platform Save!") and made a post on General Whispers in the Walls Bugs subforum, though haven't got any reply. I hope I'll get at least some kind of feedback here - I'm not a Founder and I got access to Cross-Platform save on December 13th, around 15:00 PT (even earlier than Founders). I opened account management on the website and it said to me that "Cross Platform Save is available" and offered me to link/merge my accounts. I obviously thought that Cross Platform Save got released and tried to connect my Switch and PC accounts, making PC account main (I barely played on Switch). After a few errors (it gave me error #999 twice when I tried to merge, but I persisted) it finally successfully merged my accounts - I immediately noticed how amount of platinum changed on the website (adding starter 50 platinum from Switch to my PC account). I checked everything in-game and my progress transferred on Switch - and only then I decided to check news and forum, noticing that Cross Platform Save won't be available until December 14th (and only then it'll become available only for Founders). I also checked account management on the website again - and it now says that Cross Platform Save is "coming soon". I still haven't noticed any issues other than account management on the website says that Cross Platform Save is "coming soon". There's also other people who was able to enable Cross-Platform Save due to this bug - there was a post on Reddit mentioning this, though it is now deleted for some reason. I believe only issue for me is just that "coming soon" text in the account management on the website - everything else works perfectly.

Should've been me, lol. I can't wait to transition to PC from my derelict of an Xbox.

• Like 1

16 часов назад, amymist сказал:

Prime access is different than being a founder! You may be best served by just waiting for now.

He got access to the second rollout wave because he bought Prime Access (first rollout wave was for Founders, second - for Prime Access owners) - so did I, thus now Cross-Platform Save now works for me on the account management page. It doesn't work too well for him though - I believe he should contact support in his case

Edited by Ferbez

Account management on the website worked for me for some time, but it again says that Cross-Platform Save is coming soon - even though I bought Prime Access in the past and (as mentioned before) successfully merged my PC and Switch accounts

Edited by Ferbez