The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

balancing concerns with operation gargoyles cry

KeiraWhitenoise

while the principle behind the operation is good and the reward pool nice, i have some issues

we will assume average 2 slivers +curse  per run taking about 10min 

problem 1 - costs for rewards vs effort

given the cost of the arcanes (example the ever popular arcane energise which is most expensive) at 12 per thats 6 runs per arcane and youll need more than a dozen to get a rank 5 arcane energise so about 100 runs, which is around 17hrs nonstop, over a month thats not awful, but your only reqard at the end is one rank 5 arcane energise, if you want a gold and a bronze arcane at rank 5 plus the palette thats 200 runs, 34hrs of nothing but the operation

solution idea

half or 1/3 the arcane costs and/or double/tripple shard drops because three arcanes and a palette isnt unreasonable a desire.

problem 2 curses and clans

assuming the three arcane rank 5 only desire each player will over the month get 200 curses, if a moon clan has only 20 active players thats the event maxed out any extra active players will have inventories full of curses they cant use, my moon clan finished the first week 300 goal in under 3hrs

solution

let players sell curses for more slivers for personal rewards or uncap donations and run a leaderboard for clans 

problem 3 community goals

as far as i know the community goal is to unlock one signia, and its hard to see how the community is doing, thats a bad motivation, a clan op should motivate clans

solution 1

encourage inside a clan

if the clan hits its weekly max let them overfil each full over fill rewards a siver oto spend on event rewards to all clan members or cedits,something this also helps drain surplus curses

solution 2

community cooperation

at the end of each week qny clan that hit its goal gets rewards to all members per clan that filledthe gargoyle maybe small clans add credits, another tier obols and probably moon clans slivers for event rewards, this encourages people to help other clans fill their targets

• Like 2

15 минут назад, KeiraWhitenoise сказал:

problem 1 - costs for rewards vs effort

given the cost of the arcanes (example the ever popular arcane energise which is most expensive) at 12 per thats 6 runs per arcane and youll need more than a dozen to get a rank 5 arcane energise so about 100 runs, which is around 17hrs nonstop, over a month thats not awful, but your only reqard at the end is one rank 5 arcane energise, if you want a gold and a bronze arcane at rank 5 plus the palette thats 200 runs, 34hrs of nothing but the operation

solution idea

half or 1/3 the arcane costs and/or double/tripple shard drops because three arcanes and a palette isnt unreasonable a desire.

lolw you get arcane energize almost for free and still complaining? don't like it? go do eidolon hunting

Edited by Merrcenary

The goal of these events is not to completely negate the other ways to obtain them. They're a good way to complement your set if you're missing a couple, or to try new ones.

That's as if complaining that Nora's Nightwave should give you 2.000 Nitain per level so that you do one level and are set for life

Earlier I ran a couple mission in a group, and we had the time down to about 7 minutes. The mission drops on average 1.5 arcanes, a void pinion (tradeable for more arcanes), and 1/3 of the stuff you need for a single Energize (on Steel Path). So it comes down to about 7 hours of mission time for a full Energize, but you're also getting some new arcanes and some Zariman ones at the same time.

Doesn't seem at all terrible to me (but then again I already have an Energize).

On 2023-12-19 at 4:51 AM, Merrcenary said:

lolw you get arcane energize almost for free and still complaining? don't like it? go do eidolon hunting

You realize people have lives right? And even for those who dont, like me, repeating a mission non stop is tiring after a week.

Dont get me wrong, the rewards here isnt the problem. Its the content

The way the operation is set up, it vaules rewards over content. Sure the mission is diverse by making u do 3 things and there is 3 variants of the boss but its the exact same mission, I am hoping when the statue resets for curses, we get a new mission to do.

I think the operation would be better if you could pick between a few different missions to do instead of doing the exact same one over and over and over. Focusing rewards over content isnt a good strategy, there should be a balance of both.