The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I dont want to lose 8 years of progress because of migration

Little-Profesor

I just want SOME form of official response from DE, even if it's bad news.
This issue is clearly far above a support workers capabilities at DE, so it just feels like submitting tickets isn't doing anything other than clogging an already likely overloaded support ticket backlog for DE. 

So many of the cross save / account merge feedback forums posts are about this exact issue, the second most popular feedback post here was about this issue until it was locked by a community mod and despite that, it's still the second highest replied to and viewed.

This issue clearly affects a lot of people if it's popular enough to have gotten that high and yet we still haven't received any communication from anyone officially DE.

It's just really dissapointing to see after DE have historically been so good with communication, and valuing fair treatment of their players.

• Like 5

I am in the exact same boat. Very confused by the response I got on the ticket I put in. Essentially I was told "just use the Switch account as your primary", which makes no sense as that is no different. I sent a response back to them asking if it is possible to just delete the Switch account, but so far no word back yet.

To respond to some other comments of "why did you do it?", when the game launched on Switch there was no apparent downside to doing the migration. There was no cross-save, and nothing but a TBD from the devs on if we would even get it, let alone when. If anyone at DE is seeing these posts: PLEASE let us delete the Switch account and merge our PC accounts!  

• Like 5

On 2024-01-25 at 7:46 AM, noobneutraliser said:

I just want SOME form of official response from DE, even if it's bad news.

Considering previous responses have been "sorry, no" I'm actually pretty optimistic about the lack of response. I submitted my ticket on the 17th and the only response I've got is the automated one about the high volume of tickets lately. The fact that they're still silent about this tells me they're reconsidering, or else it would be a simple mass response copypasta telling us "no".

We shall see. In the meantime, I'm running out of things to master that aren't waiting for me in my old PS account and the suspense is starting to eat at me.

• Like 1

As per the agreement, it states that our accounts may be deleted after 12 months of no use OR if we submit a ticket to DE.

I just want to merge my accounts guys. Why are you silent on this? How do you do a dev stream and still not say anything about this? I'm worried about losing money I've invested into these accounts.

• Like 4

So, I'm having the unfortunate issue as MANY other people of either losing my PC or CONSOLE account that I made both back in 2015, I partook in the PC to Switch migration system back in 2018 not knowing that I would be regretting that decision now heavily since we aren't allowed to merge accounts and only link which would completely delete one of the accounts.... what if they let us either merge the PC account OR the Switch account so we can keep our progress/items, instead of excluding us and making us lose our accounts completely from linking? I understand they don't want the people that partook in the merge in 2018 to basically duplicate all the resources/items but they should really give us a solution to this. 

• Like 2

Now they tell me on the Warframe Support for Xbox to ask for a refund on the Heirloom Pack but I have to have all the plats in my account so I have to pay to be able to get a refund. Great. 

I am trying to merge my PC and Xbox accounts and cannot do so I haven't it says "This PC account was involved in a PC-to-console migration and is not eligible for a One-Time Account Merge." But I haven't done any migration on my PC account yet and it was made before the cutoff.

• Like 1

but maybe you xbox account was ...

many are facing this problem who dont want to loose progress which you get if you link your account

maybe wait a bit before you link your account

hopefully they release a statement so that everyone can merge there account even if they were migrated or not

• Like 1

I am aware of the clause in the rules for account merging for Console and PC if your PC account has done a Console migration. Sadly, this information was not available back when Warframe came to switch back in Nov 2018. I was excited to see that it did and migrated my PC copy to switch. I have since linked my pc, switch, and PlayStation accounts. However, I am unable to merge my Xbox account, which is older (2014) than my pc account (2015), to my pc account. I had made a lot of progress on both accounts and have already contacted support. [DE]Liane was kind enough to forward the support request, after talking some back and forth, up to [DE]Will since support can not manage or change the accounts to allow a merger or transfer items and such. Hopefully [DE]Will may be able to help or get back to me in support, email, or even on the forums. [DE]Liane recommended I post here in hopes of possibly being able to reach a developer. I am going to reiterate what I am asking by copying and summarizing what I put in support, but updating some info that was gone over and discussed in support.

----

I saw my account is ineligible for account merging because I made a copy of my PC account back on my Nintendo switch when it was first released on switch. I got back into my PC account on a later day when I had friends played and hardly touched my Switch account. I have also since barely touched my Xbox account as well. However I am wanting to merge my Xbox account with my PC account, which has never interacted with one another. There are items on my Xbox account which I have purchased and crafted and such which is why I would like to merge with my PC account including frames, weapons, and cosmetics I have not be able to reacquire on my PC account that I have spent money on. I am more than ok linking and losing the data on my switch and even PlayStation accounts, which I have done at the time of writing this, but I would very much like to get my items from my Xbox account more than anything so I don't lose all those weapons, frames, plat, accessories, etc. Is there absolutely no way for me to merge my Xbox account which has never done a copy over to another system to my PC account? Both of my accounts on PC and Xbox would be under the name/gamertag of HHfighter99.

----

Overall, I am hoping there can be an exception or possible work around of some kind for merging accounts if you have linked the accounts you had migrated since I migrated back when it came to switch in Nov 2018, but didn't know it would ruin the possibility to merge my pc and Xbox accounts, which was just a dream years ago before cross save and merging became a possibility, since on streams they said progress would likely remain separate back then. I have made progress on both accounts and obtained items I don't wish to lose like the Xbox skin packs and such. I so and will understand if there is no way to make it happen but would still be a little sad to see all that progress and gear have to turn to digital ash if I wanted my Xbox and pc accounts to be merged since I will be unable to reacquire a good bit of it. Thank you for reading this post and hopefully a solution can be found but if not I'll just have to either try and keep my xbox account alive or give in and link it and lose all the data and gear. Thank you for all your hardwork over at Digital Extremes and on warframe and thank you for having a game I can come back to even after a long time and still enjoy with new friends, I hope all of you have a wonderful day and stay safe and happy.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, HHfighter99 said:

I am aware of the clause in the rules for account merging for Console and PC if your PC account has done a Console migration. Sadly, this information was not available back when Warframe came to switch back in Nov 2018. I was excited to see that it did and migrated my PC copy to switch. I have since linked my pc, switch, and PlayStation accounts. However, I am unable to merge my Xbox account, which is older (2014) than my pc account (2015), to my pc account. I had made a lot of progress on both accounts and have already contacted support. [DE]Liane was kind enough to forward the support request, after talking some back and forth, up to [DE]Will since support can not manage or change the accounts to allow a merger or transfer items and such. Hopefully [DE]Will may be able to help or get back to me in support, email, or even on the forums. [DE]Liane recommended I post here in hopes of possibly being able to reach a developer. I am going to reiterate what I am asking by copying and summarizing what I put in support, but updating some info that was gone over and discussed in support.

----

I saw my account is ineligible for account merging because I made a copy of my PC account back on my Nintendo switch when it was first released on switch. I got back into my PC account on a later day when I had friends played and hardly touched my Switch account. I have also since barely touched my Xbox account as well. However I am wanting to merge my Xbox account with my PC account, which has never interacted with one another. There are items on my Xbox account which I have purchased and crafted and such which is why I would like to merge with my PC account including frames, weapons, and cosmetics I have not be able to reacquire on my PC account that I have spent money on. I am more than ok linking and losing the data on my switch and even PlayStation accounts, which I have done at the time of writing this, but I would very much like to get my items from my Xbox account more than anything so I don't lose all those weapons, frames, plat, accessories, etc. Is there absolutely no way for me to merge my Xbox account which has never done a copy over to another system to my PC account? Both of my accounts on PC and Xbox would be under the name/gamertag of HHfighter99.

----

Overall, I am hoping there can be an exception or possible work around of some kind for merging accounts if you have linked the accounts you had migrated since I migrated back when it came to switch in Nov 2018, but didn't know it would ruin the possibility to merge my pc and Xbox accounts, which was just a dream years ago before cross save and merging became a possibility, since on streams they said progress would likely remain separate back then. I have made progress on both accounts and obtained items I don't wish to lose like the Xbox skin packs and such. I so and will understand if there is no way to make it happen but would still be a little sad to see all that progress and gear have to turn to digital ash if I wanted my Xbox and pc accounts to be merged since I will be unable to reacquire a good bit of it. Thank you for reading this post and hopefully a solution can be found but if not I'll just have to either try and keep my xbox account alive or give in and link it and lose all the data and gear. Thank you for all your hardwork over at Digital Extremes and on warframe and thank you for having a game I can come back to even after a long time and still enjoy with new friends, I hope all of you have a wonderful day and stay safe and happy.

Just be prepared to be told to make a support ticket friend, unfortunately nobody on this forum has any power to give you any assistance with this, so ye go to the support page make a ticket good luck.

• Like 2

On 2024-01-26 at 1:44 PM, Eli_Beeblebrox said:

Considering previous responses have been "sorry, no" I'm actually pretty optimistic about the lack of response.

I am no longer optimistic. Not only did support tell me to pound sand, they also told me to set my Switch account as my main account, which is 5 years behind my PC account.

I don't think I want to play Warframe anymore. I've spent over $1000 on this game over my PC and PS account combined and this is what I get for it.

I feel betrayed.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, HHfighter99 said:

This is where support sent me so imma just have to trust them and hope a [DE] member can get to me. But I may make another ticket in the future.

Yeah I was told the same thing when the drip gate first started but no such luck yet :<

I just hope DE addresses this concern as it seems a lot of peeps are in the same boat of wanting to merge 2 accounts unrelated to the pc-to-switch migration.

Edited by cloudandroid
  • Like 1

On 2024-01-08 at 9:38 AM, SDGDen said:

if you re-merged them you'd end up with two copies of everything, which is.... a problem.

Everyone already knows this and nobody is asking for this. We are asking for the deletion of our switch account(that none of us used) so we can merge our PS or Xbox account gear into our PC account. None of us give a rat's derriere about the outdated Switch account that we only had cloned from our PC accounts because it was advertised a limited time thing five years ago before we had any idea that this would stop us from merging stuff we actually cared about.

I asked support about this and they essentially just repeated the policy to me and gave me a link to read more about it as if I didn't know and wasn't asking for them to change it - which I clearly was. This kind of tone deaf response is not what I've come to expect from DE over the years. I expect better, because they've been better. This is disappointing.

I booted up Warframe tonight and closed it in seconds. I can't bring myself to play after this. Only reason I haven't uninstalled is because I am still hopeful that DE is the company that I believe they are. I still have tons of gear to build that I was looking forward to but until they fix this it's just gonna be daily login rewards and then playing something else.

• Like 3

So I didn't know that I would not be able to merge my accounts (pc and psn) because I migrated my pc account to Nintendo switch, I try deleting my Nintendo Account to see if Support can help me with my problem and this Is what they said.  

Thank you for replying back.

While we understand the disappointment, frustration, and pain of losing progress, unfortunately, we are unable to change an account's eligibility for merging on our  side as we have no way of doing so. If the accounts are going to be LINKED, the unified account's content will only use the chosen Primary Account and will overwrite the content of the other connected accounts. And due to the nature of the past PC-To-Console Migration, the migration is permanent and irreversible which is why it cannot be undone even if the migrated account is deleted.

Our only recommendation is to create a new thread on the dedicated Warframe Cross-Platform Save Feedback sub-forum to make our development team aware of your request since our Forums are regularly monitored for new ideas, bug reports along with general feedback about the game, and are the best place to be heard.

We sincerely apologize for not being of any assistance in this matter. Feel free to contact us again if you require any assistance and thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Warframe Support Team 

I put so much Money and time in both my PSN and PC Accounts I just can't afford to lose one or other by liking they are MR25 and MR28 with 1500+ Logging days. If this can reach DE and they can Help me with my problem I would be Happy. 

Thanks For reading. Hope I can get a Solution for my problem.

• Like 3

In other words Ill be losing the money and the time I put into either my pc account or My PSN account by linking my accounts together...

I have put so much money In warframe its crazy and that's in both accounts, If I knew about the migrating issue I would off never done it.

• Like 2

Same here, I just wanted to try the switch version without starting over, didn't care for it and there was no indication it would screw us in the future, didn't like the switch version and never played it again, but I have tons of time and money into PS and PC but cannot merge them due to PC and the copy from a migration both being locked out, it's really killing my interest in playing the game when I'm basically getting screwed out of hundred of hours and hundreds of dollars spent on my PS and PC accounts. Technically it's probably a total of over 3k hrs on both accounts and probably a couple thousand dollars from prime accesses and tennogen and plat over the last decade. 

• Like 4

Same here, I have no problem with the concept of not merging both migration accounts cause that makes sense, but locking out both accounts instead of just 1 is a major pain, allow us to choose 1 of the 2 accounts to delete so that we can merge the rest of our accounts would be amazing, Too much work into PS and PC to throw one of them away all because I tried switch once and didn't want to start from scratch so did a migration but care for it and never played again.

• Like 5

I'm in the same boat here. I don't want duplicates, I want the /already created/ duplicates deleted so I can merge real accounts.

Currently anyone capable of addressing the situation is ignoring it entirely.

It's infuriating, and nothing short of ridiculous. It's been going on since merging started, with no real response, no statement, not even an acknowledgement of the issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belmenel said:

I'm in the same boat here. I don't want duplicates, I want the /already created/ duplicates deleted so I can merge real accounts.

Currently anyone capable of addressing the situation is ignoring it entirely.

It's infuriating, and nothing short of ridiculous. It's been going on since merging started, with no real response, no statement, not even an acknowledgement of the issue.

I'm in a similar boat like you. I did the one-time account migration from PC to PS4 because at the time, my computer couldn't handle the game anymore. Fast forward to now, I am unable to merge my accounts due to the migration and I can only link my accounts, causing me to either start from the small amount of progress I had on PC or link my PS4 as the main account with my current progress, but I would lose my Founders items and my exclusive PC items. I don't even want duplicates of my items, I just want to keep the exclusive items that I have on PC, but have the progress I made on PS4. 

• Like 1

(PSN)SonicNaruto669 I am sad to see you are going through this but I can understand why they don't to merge consoles that have the the pc info migrated from it since all the gear should be transferred on migration. I hope you are able to get your items still. I feel there is a lot that needs to be addressed with possible solutions for mergers.

Wamjamlam I can understand that, you would think it would allow merger if one of the accounts is before the cut off date. I am hoping there can be solutions or exceptions to rules because of lack of previous information given for certain things that effect us now.

Belmenel we have to keep in mind this is a recent issue and not to take out anger on them when they are working hard to find solutions and have had to think about how to stop people from exploiting the mergers. 

cloudandroid exactly all we can really do is hope however since many of us have no clue what all goes on behind the scenes. What may seem simple to us may take a lot of complicated work to accomplish.

Edited by HHfighter99
  • Like 1