The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can't add my switch account

SimplyKinara

I have this issue as well, and I'm getting kind of tired of them sweeping this under the rug for three years. My account 'hasn't existed on Nintendo Switch' for that interim, and it wasn't a problem until Cross Save started to get introduced. Now we want in, DE. We're the Whisper in the Walls.

Web authentification from the profile in Nintendo Switch just kind of arbitrarily stopped working somewhere around eight months ago.

11 minutes ago, abneras said:

I cant log on warframe account by nintendo account, it tells it couldnt find the account.

I have the same probem, i cant log on warframe website to merge the account, or even from my pc account merge the switch account, it shows “you must log into warframe on your nintendo switch account before you’re elegible for link/merge” but i cant log on the nintendo account on warframe

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, D-Goth said:

Same problem here.

An account was create 1 year ago on NSW, linked with my e-mail (OK on NSW Warframe in "Options" with the SAME MAIL ADRESS), and.... YOU MUST LOG INTO..... Why? Need to have a PAID "Nintendo Online" ?

According to what I've read you shouldn't need Nintendo online as it's run on DE's servers.

But good point, might try buying the Nintendo online and testing.

57 minutes ago, D-Goth said:

Same problem here.

An account was create 1 year ago on NSW, linked with my e-mail (OK on NSW Warframe in "Options" with the SAME MAIL ADRESS), and.... YOU MUST LOG INTO..... Why? Need to have a PAID "Nintendo Online" ?

Just tried after purchasing Nintendo online and re-logging, no change.

Haven't heard anything back from support, still in contact with them.

It's an issue with the web authentication.  Depending on the case I think the instructions in the very bottom of this page (linked at bottom) should help some people.

If you have clicked the button previously (like me) it won't be visible.

If you're like me the only solution is to contact support to wipe your switch account so the button comes back and hope it works.

Otherwise you can make a second Nintendo account.

https://support.warframe.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006829311-Mobile-app-troubleshooting

SOLUTION! (kind of)

I made a new account on my switch and then went into:

Options

Account (on the far right)

And added a different email, after going through the email confirmation it worked perfectly.

If you want the data from your switch account your best bet is trying to reset your email and re verifying it (in the same settings menu).

Good luck!

same exact issue here. i get the message telling me i have to login into my nintendo switch account to be able to link. i go to do that and i get the message saying my switch account does not exist. i would rather not try to make a new switch account with the hopes of it working and have to change accounts anytime i play warframe on switch. hopefully they come up with a fix for this. perhaps it may have something to do with the emails being the same as my pc account as my switch account and it just cant distinguish the difference so it bugs out? who knows.

On 2023-12-19 at 10:01 PM, SimplyKinara said:

When I try to connect my switch account to my main account it says account could not be found, log in with switch account, but I literally have it open on my switch right now, so it definitely exists

same idk wtf is going on

I found the source of the problem. If you haven’t ever clicked “web authenticate” in the profile menu before Whispers in the Walls, you’re out of luck until they fix it. 

from the WITW patch notes:

NSW Whispers in the Walls: Hotfix #1

Nintendo Switch Specific Note: 

• Removed the “Web Authentication” button on Nintendo Switch. 
  • Like 1

My PC and Switch account merged successfully, but I can't get my son's Switch account to merge with a new PC account.

Because of Nintendo's minor restrictions, I could not purchase platinum on my son's switch account. To get around this, I could log into my switch account (did the one time account migration) and could buy and gift him items. But now, and confirmed I just tried from my newly linked PC/Switch account, I cannot gift him anything because he is not cross-save enabled.

I guess DE doesn't want my money anymore?

1 minute ago, Grundleman said:

My PC and Switch account merged successfully, but I can't get my son's Switch account to merge with a new PC account.

Because of Nintendo's minor restrictions, I could not purchase platinum on my son's switch account. To get around this, I could log into my switch account (did the one time account migration) and could buy and gift him items. But now, and confirmed I just tried from my newly linked PC/Switch account, I cannot gift him anything because he is not cross-save enabled.

I guess DE doesn't want my money anymore?

So do you have ANY idea why we can't link/merge and maybe a workaround for it? I don't have minor restrictions on my account, it just says my account simply doesn't exists when it clearly does. Even with an email AND 2FA registered.